Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

desi gurl thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Originally posted by: QT143

desi gurl... 🤗 here u go!

thank u mahek. and as for u taffy... you can get ur hug from ekta!
|iami5o4| thumbnail

Originally posted by: nkaur_19

Job Hazard: Shama Sikander
Are long and stressful hours slowly killing TV stars? The latest victim is Shama Sikander aka Pooja of Sony TV's, Yeh Meri Life Hai, who had to be hospitalised twice in the space of just two days.

On June 23, the actress was hospitalised in Evershine Nursing Home in Malad, after she fainted due to physical exhaustion.

She was advised to stay in hospital overnight. But the very next day, the actress chose to shoot for the serial again. Result? She fainted again and was rushed to the same nursing home.

Smoke allergy

When contacted, Shama tried to brush it off, saying, "On Thursday, we were shooting at Ryan International in Malad. It was a fog scene. Perhaps I could not take the smoke. Maybe I'm allergic to smoke."

However, she later confessed, "The examination and tests indicate that I had overworked. My blood pressure had dropped."

'I am the lead actress'

Shama's parents did not want her daughter to report on the sets on Friday. But Shama said she had no choice. "I am the lead actress and I have many scenes. I thought that the Friday scenes were very important. We had no bank for the Monday episode," Shama explained.

Two weeks ago, Shama accidentally hit her head against a camera, while shooting for a promo. The impact was pretty hard but the actress chose to take it in her stride. Sikander then got additional medical tests done at Lilavati Hospital on Saturday. 

'Over-exertion triggered it'

Shama will now be in bed rest for the next three days. "They will have to adjust the scenes. The tests indicate that I have had an asthmatic bronchitis attack too. I am not asthmatic, but the over-exertion could have triggered that off."

'Schedule not to blame'

Vipul D Shah, producer, said, "Actually, Shama has claustrophobia. If there is a big crowd around her, she tends to feel suffocated." He added that the schedules for the serial were not particularly rigid. "In fact, we never shoot for 15 hours unlike other shows. We also give a Wednesday off to all our artistes. For the next three days or so, we have changed the script to suit Shama's absence." 

Other TV stars affected

Neha Bamb
Kripa in Kaisa Ye Pyar Hai (Sony) has fainted twice on the sets. Once, she shot for three days in a row and  collapsed at the end of it.

Mouli Ganguly
Shaina of Kahin Kissii Roz (Star Plus) had a stress and breathing problem due to the long hours of shooting.

Vinod Singh
Ayushmaan in Ayushmaan (Sony) ran out of stamina, went to the director and expressed his inability to perform, but to no avail.

Swetta Keswani
Anu of Des Mein Nikla Hoga Chand (Star Plus), who was simultaneously doing Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki (Star Plus), had to carry a pillow and sleep on the sets.

wow what terrible news. I hope she's okay now. Darn I guess thats what she gets for always being such a goody goody. Shama your health is also important along with your career.

I wonder how they're going to adjust the scenes tho. YMLH would be weird w/o Shama in it for a day or two. ^.^

QT143 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: desi gurl

thank u mahek. and as for u taffy... you can get ur hug from ekta!

welcum desi gurl!! taffz go to kekta!

desi gurl thumbnail

Originally posted by: QT143

welcum desi gurl!! taffz go to kekta!

TAFFY ❤️and❤️ EKTA = A match made in heaven
😆 
QT143 thumbnail

Originally posted by: desi gurl

TAFFY ❤️and❤️ EKTA = A match made in heaven
😆 

👏😆

ThE_kHan07 thumbnail

Ekta Kapoor: Camera shy   

Phew!! she doent look that bad in these pics!!😆

QT143 thumbnail
🤢taffy❤️ 🤢kekta!Edited by QT143 - 18 years ago
desi gurl thumbnail

grrr. if i onlii had a pic of u id put both urs and ekta's pics together to make a wonderful pic of the couple
QT143 thumbnail
lol! u mean bhayanak pic of a bhayanak couple!
Jaslove thumbnail

ouch that camera banging on the head gotta hurt

poor shama.

this stars work really hard we all should give them an applause.😛