Sara Ali Khan's debut: Saif Ali Khan says ex-wife Amrita Singh and he

Posted: 6 years ago
Saif Ali Khan has cleared the air around his opinion on daughter Sara Ali Khan choosing to enter films and the apparent fight with ex-wife Amrita Singh.

Saif Ali Khan says he is "fully supportive" of his daughter Sara's acting ambitions. He has clarified that rumours suggesting that he and his former wife Amrita Singh are on different pages regarding the issue, are "fictitious".

Saif said in a statement on Wednesday that "it's annoying to read totally fictitious media reports" about him having a disagreement with Amrita over Sara's debut.

Reports on Tuesday pointed out that apparently Saif Ali Khan had to change his stance on daughter Sara Ali Khan's acting ambitions after a massive showdown with ex-wife Amrita Singh. Khan has cleared the air, calling the reports 'fictitious'.

"Amrita and me are on the same page as far as Sara and her acting debut is concerned. We never had any such conversation. I am fully supportive of Sara's acting ambitions and we discuss things in detail," read the statement.

"I repeat, that I am looking forward to Sara's debut with a mix of excitement, anxiety and nervousness like any other father would," Saif added, adding that he is upset at the "increasing lack of accountability and responsible reporting these days".

Earlier, in an interview to DNA, Saif was quoted as saying, "Why would she want that for herself (a career in films)? Look at where she studied. After having done that, why wouldn't she want to live and work in New York, rather than do this? I am not looking down on acting, it's just that it is not the most stable profession. And everyone lives in constant fear. And there is no guarantee that despite doing your best, you will succeed. This is not the life any parent would want for their children."

Later, at the IIFA press conference, the Phantom actor said, "It's annoying when you give a nice interview and people pick up one line and talk about it; it's irritating. I support my daughter and I love her. I think her choice is great. Of course, she is an actress and she comes from a family of artistes. I am still a little concerned for her as it's an unsure profession. I love her so I worry for her."

There's still no clarity about which film will mark Sara's foray into the film world.

Sara is one of the two children Saif has with Amrita, from whom he separated in 2004. He also has a son named Ibrahim.

Khan is now married to Kareena Kapoor Khan, with whom he welcomed son Taimur Ali Khan last December.

On her part, Sara is currently prepping for her Bollywood debut. While director Abhishek Kapoor confirmed that she has been cast opposite Sushant Singh Rajput in his film Kedarnath, rumour has it that Amrita Singh is not too keen on seeing her daughter's big Bollywood entry happening across Rajput. Sushant's last film Raabta was a disaster at the box office.

http://m.indiatoday.in/lite/story/sara-ali-khan-debut-saif-ali-khan-ex-wife-amrita-singh-fight/1/989483.html

Edited by rim683 - 6 years ago