Halted coronation and rise of new Sabhasad.

Meself thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 years ago
Well hello again. So the fever which was supposed to be touch and go is taking a new pitch in its wake. My fickle mind is the one to blamed here. Dear heart don't flutter so much, remember the mind needs to study, sigh!

The stage is now set. The conch is blown and all that this bloody awaits is its key players. Hahuma watches in her trance the supposed destruction that will come with Varundev. Anxious as she is, she decides it's time to put a Queen to the throne of Dradvidgam. And a warrior that is Devsena, she is befitting of the crown that is made but of thorns. A glory awaits her but before that glory she needs to face the galls.

On the other hand Varundev is chosen to be one of the Dwadash Sabhasad, but as is tradition he must face gall before the glory. And so he faces the fire and blood, quite literally and earns his place that was always meant to be his. He kept his promise to his father, Ulook and now looks at what he believes is his.

And while Dayalini and Thangam are able to thwart Devsena's ascend to the throne, Abruk and his machinations aren't able to stop the tide of Varundev 's ocean of determination. Hahuma sees ill-omen governing Devsena's coronation and stops it mid way; while Agnimitra sees Varundev's bright future and brings him to the highest position. The symbolic tale of victory and defeat begins now, at this very instance.

Devsena is a fierce warrior but is also someone who is unable to detect deciet. She sees and treats everyone equally and expects a similar treatment in return. She is unaware to the politics that is being played right under her nose. While the Dravidians have earned their land and throne, Devsena takes it for granted. And this major flaw that resides in her today unlocks the gate through which the decline of this mighty dynasty will come. She is bold and brave, she is unafraid of consequences of her actions that she deems right but she lacks vision. She has always seen the throne as a rival, a rival that took away her mother's time and love and then her mother. And now is all set to snatch her father away from her. Her turmoil is emotional and she is yet to come to terms with it. But something tells me by the time she is aware of what hit her, it will already be too late.

Varundev on the other hand belongs to a group that is usurper in every sense. They want what is not theirs and instead of earning it through their deeds they want to conquer by any means necessary. But Varundev here stands in conflict with this bone deep wont. He wants to earn his position through toil and sweat if not necessarily blood. His actions in his test today showed that he isn't afraid to take a diversion if it leads to desired path. But what he fails to realise is that he doesn't have any identity of his own as yet. And when he will eventually carve it out, he probably would have lost that one thing he needs. His integrity, for war is nothing but a game of deception and deception is the beginning of a long tryst with lies and betrayal.

Here we have two inviduals emerging from two contrasting ideologies and norms grappling with a similar turmoil that of want and need. What Devsena needs is to see the lies and betrayal around her, but choses the want that says ignore. Varundev needs to realise his and his clans folly in annexing something that is not theirs but choses the want that says destroy and ravage to get what is not yours. Their conflict before being with each other is basically with themselves. Each trying to uphold their roots while struggling with the swaying branches. What they don't realise is that mighty winds of change first thunders at branches and then it uproots. 

What I really loved today was the pace. At no point are they taking a detour to explain themselves, instead they are allowing the fate to run its own course and unmask all facets for us to see and dissect. How will the Aryans and Dravidians fare and how will Devsena and Varundev thrive is now the crux of everything that is Aarambh. And Aarambh it is for a meteoric rise and a targic fall.

P.S. Can we please have a fangurl club for Aryan bois?? From Kayastha to Abruk to Sivan to Varundev, they are just such nayan sukh maal!!! Haye koi toh rok lo!!
Edited by Meself - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Swetha-Sai thumbnail
@TM
Excellent review of the episode by you, dear! ⭐️
Etna_Dia thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thank you for a wonderful review! Your depiction of the characters is amazing. It's a pleasure to read it!

In this episode, what I appreciated the most was Varundev's challenge. I liked it as it wasn't made look effortless as we see in other action films. One could feel Varundev's struggle to make it right and at some points we could even read on his face the fear that he might lose.

Another interesting aspect was the turning point of introducing Devsena's father on the list of usurpers. I suspected something yesterday, but today it became more clear. His expressions don't match Devsena's expression of love and affection for him.Edited by Etna_Dia - 6 years ago
mistofshadows thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5
Shivani,
The fact that these two individuals are just given enough focus and not too much is something I am loving about this show.
As you said there are no unnecessary detours taken to put them together to give us scenes, rather the story is taking a path of its own as if the whole thing is a tale of life and not a serial depicted plot story.

Devsena is a stubborn, righteous but rigid. She refuses to see beyond what she wants too and that would be her downfall as she is blind in her trust on certain people. What was spectacular is that the father she loves so much is also one of the thorns in her life.

Varundev is a determined soul. He sees what he wants and takes it, a classic usurper but as you said with his will to justify his win, he becomes as flawed as Devsena. 

Both are bound into roles, one knows her station and is not too forceful to get as she knows it will come to her while the other strives to get what he sees to raise his station.

The dynamic is so beautiful that it is absolutely painful.

NIKI

PS: I want to see the devastation in Varundev's eyes too. Ans the Arya boys do need a Fanclub.
Twinkle.MaNan thumbnail
What lovely review..You have penned down exactly what it is and what is going on. Whatever i felt after watching the episode you just wrote in your beautiful language..
Just sharing my two cents about it-

I have yet to watch up the first episode but i was able to watch the second episode that is today and i absolutely Loved it. Loved the contrasting side of the characters of the Main lead. Where varundev is strong, derermined yet so calm and think before act while Devsena is fiesty but childish too.From the promo,i was more attracted towards Devsena but after watching the main episodes i am liking Varundev more.It may be due to their influence of Gene Pool. They have to be like this. But seeing Dev's mother so calm poised and wise she is different.I totally loved the mystery of the last scene where Hahuma was socked knowing the third danger to the life of Devsena. I loved that angle. Loved Tanuja's portrayal as Hahuma and her role. The first sign in the form of one of her snake downing It's hood (i expect am talking correctly)  was mindblowing .Never ever seen such character in Indian television. 
Loved the performance of all the actors..In love with both the father's of the main leads specially devsena's. All in all They just keep my expectations right and on.. Good job Aarambh Team.

After reading you, i will surely wait for your reviews and write ups next time. 😳
candy02 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@Shivani & everyone else, wonderful takes 👏. I enjoyed the second episode even more than the first one, thanks to the pace & the intrigue factors. Truly this series is taking my expectations a bit higher with every episode. Hope the same is not crushed later on. Anyways, @Shivani, identical thoughts from my end.

The things have been set into motion. I loved how symbolically they portrayed the destiny of the two clans through the coronation ceremonies of the respective chiefs. Such contrast between these two..

Varundev, being a commoner, earned the post of the twelfth sabhasad proving his might & intelligence, in a nut shell -worth. On the other hand, Devasena inherited Dravidian throne owing to her lineage.

While his simple & plain coronation ceremony completed successfully without any glitch with the blessings of the chief priest; her coronation ceremony, with the royal grandeurs, was halted by the high priestess herself. Symbolically representing the future.

Devasena is supremely confident and owing to her lineage & inherent fearless nature she talks eye to eye. Even a halted coronation (which is synonymous to almost a public humiliation) could not deter her spirit. She immediately gets ready for her warfare exercise. While Varundev, even after a well deserved victory and the subsequent coronation, is not self-confident enough to force his eyes to meet with the same of the other sabhasads. Might be due to his lineage.

While watching the test, I was wondering about the stark contrast between the tactics of these two. Devasena willingly invites danger towards herself (the crocodile chase in water), while Varundev confronts & tackles dangers with his cunningness & might. Though the end result is the same i.e. both emerging victorious without a scratch, but it is courage, over-confidence, stupidity & might vs. courage, confidence, cunningness & might!!! 

The similarity is that both are being surrounded by power hungry enemies who are apparently their allies only. Devasena is naive, gullible, might be innocent enough to ignore them as not-a-threat, even after repeated warnings. We are yet to watch how Varundev tackles with his enemies within his own camp.

Did anyone notice that once his father had arrived, Varundev rested his sabhasad uniform along with the sword on the sign of Karkat (Cancer)!! I was wondering why!! Does it symbolise that once he achieves victory, the same will become as painful as the bite of a Crab or Cancer for him!!! I can definitely see a not-so-happy ending. I am okay with the same as long as he remains faithful to her and her only...

I loved the usage of Swastika ...

The three symbols - the snake downing it's hood signifying hidden griha-shatru; the lowering of the flag symbolising defeat in the hands of another power; the sacrifice is the supreme ritual for the Goddess and for any child her/his parents are supreme. Excellent use of symbolisms...

Mahishiamman is the Mother Goddess, without any apparent form apart from two visibly big eyes...
Edited by chandrima02 - 6 years ago
gemini54 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Excellent writing by all of you.  My self imposed hiatus from the forum has been broken both by the wonderful writing about symbolisms and the potential of this show.  I loved the first episode and looking forward to watching the second.
Phir_Mohabbat thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
You are here eeeks!
I did watch episode 1, probably need to catch up 😛
Meself thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Swetha-

@TM
Excellent review of the episode by you, dear! ⭐️

Thank you Swetha!😳
Meself thumbnail

Originally posted by: Etna_Dia

Thank you for a wonderful review! Your depiction of the characters is amazing. It's a pleasure to read it!

Ahoy! Thank you to you too for having read the same :)

In this episode, what I appreciated the most was Varundev's challenge. I liked it as it wasn't made look effortless as we see in other action films. One could feel Varundev's struggle to make it right and at some points we could even read on his face the fear that he might lose.

Varundev's challenge shed light on the fact that though he wants to possess things, he also wants to deserve to possess them. The very fact that he didn't protest at the challenge thrown by Abruk shows that he is ready to pay any price to deserve what he wants. That makes his struggle and his character integrity both interesting and dangerous for he also came across a man who would go lengths to achieve his aim. And if that means smearing himself in blood of others he will do that.

Another interesting aspect was the turning point of introducing Devsena's father on the list of usurpers. I suspected something yesterday, but today it became more clear. His expressions don't match Devsena's expression of love and affection for him.

Well as far as Arvamudan is concerned then I like to view it differently. He isn't someone who wants the throne for himself as such. He wants it for his daughter, who in his opinion is the rightful heir. But he poses a danger to this very daughter as he has never made her aware of the rules of the game he wants her to play. He told her that she will now have enemies but didn't train her enough to identify them. He asked her to be a warrior in every sense but failed to ask her to draw a line. And mostly he is pushing her towards the throne without even taking into consideration the fact that she isn't ready at the moment. That in my opinion is why he is a major threat to Devsena.