And so it begins. Tune in to page 3.

Meself thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 years ago
Aarambh.

Of the clash between two powerful clans.

Aarambh.

Of the the great saga of formation of Bharatvarsha.

Aarambh.

Of decline of a great civilization.

Indus Valley Civilization or more prominently the Sindhu Ghati Sabhyata...an era, a civilization, a clan that is forever shrouded in thick veils of mystery and unknown.

A civilization unknown yet revered opens its gates to us and even though it's through speculative yet torrent imagination of someone; it draws us to itself.

And so it begins. The Aryans in their bid to fulfill an ancient prophecy want to plunder a land that isn't their own. Guided by Purohit Agnimitra and Veer Kayastha, Varundev has vouched his blind loyalty to a possible sanguinary campaign. The Dravidians are plagued with traitors within in form of Dayalini and Thangam, and Devsena unsuspecting of the churning wave dreams on strengthening the empire of 400 years left to her. And in perilous times such as these both Varundev and Devsena have to chose between who they are and who they possibly want to be.

The Aryans have travelled far in hope to search that land that houses sweetest waters. The one they believe is their birthright. The one they believe is created by Indra himself to be turned into Aryavart by Aryans.

The Dravidians have catered to this soil by their blood and toil. It is theirs to begin with but they lack a united front. It reeks of stench of power struggle one that unfortunately will play a part in their downfall. 

And amid this a war is to begin. A war that will rightly be Aarambh for a rise of new age and decline of the old.

P.S. This is the most spoiler-free thing I have written. And I do hope I ruined no one's excitement with this two cent of mine.

P.P.S. I know that some feel that this show reeks with undercurrent of racism and divide. Dismiss it as a bold imagination of a story teller. History has proven that Aryan Invasion Theory is a hoax generated by the British to help them strengthen their political propoganda. The decline of Indus Valley Civilization happened around 1800 B.C. while Aryan advent in India happened around 1500 B.C. Their is no way one clan was responsible for decline of the other. Also the words Aryans and Dravidians are losing their context because of both being linguistic group. The Boghazkoi and Kassite Inscription talks of people from present day Iran migrating towards India and Indianisation of Sothi culture into Indus Valley Civilization. And the two are not mutually inclusive events. So take the fun ride, who knows we might as well begin our adventure here.

Signing off now. πŸ˜³
Edited by Meself - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Melkor thumbnail
Pranipaat Pujya Pitashree!!😳 Pehchaan kaun??πŸ˜‰
Anyway coming to the episode,it was certainly a delight to watch.
The storyline,the execution and the VFX was brilliant.πŸ‘πŸ‘And the actors did a mindblowing job as well.

Detailed review will be after the episode airs.

Banjaaran25 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

my keyboard kaput. gonna take 7 day- or more for me to do proper halla bol here. grrr...
me think- nazar utar gayiπŸ˜†. the $erial gonna be epic for $ure.

a big big Hola and bear hug $hivi.
πŸ€— tackling hug.
GREAT to $ee you jaaneman. you iz here.. fun ride begin. big cheer.

jhappi again.❀️.

(zabardati $ilent $talker mode on. can't type more.)

love ya $hivi.

πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—

Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@TM: Beautifully described the episode. Yes, I am slightly disappointed with the very first episode itself following the ideology of  British which is nothing but "divide and conquer".
But your points are valid ones. The execution is awesome. Hope it continues.
Melkor thumbnail
Here are my two cents on the episode-
So finally the day for which we all were waiting with bated breath arrived.Aarambh which is a magnum opus in every sense came on our screens.

The most important factor about any series is its story.A story is the founding stone of any movie or series.Without a proper story a series is nothing.Usually in daily soaps it's the story which is ignored which is an extremely sad fact.But in this matter Aarambh stands apart.Because the USP of this show is its story.Its the story which is the actual hero.The fact that the show was promoted as 'From the writer of Bahubali' proves this.

The story of Aarambh is about two clans or to be more precise two ideologies which are as different as chalk and cheese.They differ from each other on all accounts.Be it lifestyle,customs or thought processes.These two have nothing in common.A clash between these two is inevitable.And it's the law of nature that a clash often leads to the creation of something new.For example,hydrogen and oxygen combine in order to form water which has different properties from its parent elements.The Tudor dynasty was born from the War of Roses between the Houses Lancaster and York.

On one hand we have the Aryans who are a group of men united for a single cause.They are used to the rough terrains and the harshness of life.They crave for water to quench their prolonged thirst.They also wish to find a place which they can call home.And they believe that their promised land lies beyond the Sapt Sindhu.A point to be noted is that these men are not barbarians.They live by a code of honour.Yet they seek domination over a land which has been occupied by other people for a long period of time.On what basis do they lay claim on the land of the Dravidians??

Now on the other hand we have the land beyond the Sapt Sindhu which is home to another race known as the Dravidians.They are blessed with prosperity and happiness.The position of highest authority is held by a woman.Women are revered and worshipped.Their Queen is their mother and guardian.I would like to consider this an example of the belief that prosperity dwells where women are respected.However it has its share of imperfections too in the form of internal strife and politics which threatens their unity.

Then we are introduced to these two individuals named Devsena and Varundev.The values and beliefs of their respective clans are firmly inculcated in these two.It can also be said that these two represent their respective ideologies or they are the Aryan-Dravidian ideologies personnified.Devsena is free spirited.She is not bound by any constraints.She is destined for a great responsibility for she has to lead her people one day.She is a like a river whose flow cannot be stopped.A river symbolises  nourishment.Civilisations are built on the bank of rivers.But if the flow of a river is disrupted then it leads to flood.The same logic applies with Devsena.
Then there is Varundev.He is firmly devoted to his clan and cause.He also seeks to restore his father's honour.He is righteous in own manner and lives to uphold the Aryan tradition.He has integrity,dedication and firmness.Just like an ocean.
Strangely enough a river ultimately meets the ocean.

Devsena and Varundev are two people entangled in the great universal game of clash.These two are the chief pawns on the board in which the players are the two contrasting ideologies.

All the actors delivered a power packed performance.The stars of the episode were undoubtedly Rajniesh and Karthika.
Following them are Tej Sapru and Tanuja Mam.Special mention goes to Tarun Khanna who shone in his brief appearance.How I wish that his character was around for more time.
Looking forward to the next episode!!

Shaina_b thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I actually find Devsena's society great!!!!😊 πŸ˜Š πŸ˜Š πŸ˜Š

And Devsena is a fantastic queen, brave, strong and humble!!!!πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

Sadly Dravidians will decline!!!!

I am already not liking the ending!!!!

Melkor thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaina_b

I actually find Devsena's society great!!!!😊 πŸ˜Š πŸ˜Š πŸ˜Š

And Devsena is a fantastic queen, brave, strong and humble!!!!πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

Sadly Dravidians will decline!!!!

I am already not liking the ending!!!!

Even I loved Devsena's society and Devsena herself.
Frankly even I can't see the Dravidians declining and matriarchy getting replaced by patriarchy.
I don't wanna think about the ending now.

But I understand the Dravidians' cause.They are not at fault here.It's one thing if the Aryans want a place to settle down.But they wish to overthrow the Dravidians and take over their home which I find unacceptable.By what right do they claim their authority over a land on which the Dravidians already reside??
Edited by --BlackSheep-- - 6 years ago
Shaina_b thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: --BlackSheep--

Even I loved Devsena's society and Devsena herself.

Frankly even I can't see the Dravidians declining and matriarchy getting replaced by patriarchy.
I don't wanna think about the ending now.

But I understand the Dravidians' cause.They are not at fault here.It's one thing if the Aryans want a place to settle down.But they wish to overthrow the Dravidians and take over their home which I find unacceptable.By what right do they claim their authority over a land on which the Dravidians already reside??

When they can't justify by logic, they put it on the gods!!!!

Same thing the Aryans are doing!!!!

candy02 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hi All... After watching the first episode, "Aarambh", for me, has been one of the rare instances in which the content has clearly taken the precedence, instead of "love" - which has been the main theme for any xyz show on ITV. A refreshing change from the stereotypes. The execution looks very impressive; which has actually compelled me to ignore what @Ayesha (hope I have got your name correctly @TM πŸ˜Š) has written - "some feel that this show reeks with undercurrent of racism and divide". Honestly, I have also identical impression regarding the core concept of the series. 

Aryan invasion theory (indeed a British propaganda) has been proven to be a hoax going by the time-line of the decline of Harappan civilization. Currently there are numerous theories & counter-theories on whether the Aryans were actually invaders from outside of India as has been projected till now or they were native to the land only. Anyways, it's a separate issue. We may just take the concept as a grand imagination of the writer and enjoy the show as a mere fiction.

I loved the portrayal of Matriarchal society of the Dravidians. A never seen before concept on ITV, at least for me. So soothing for the sore eyes which had only been served with ML abusing the FL and the FL digesting without any protest. Hope this one breaks the jinx. I am really hopeful considering the writer of the series and the count of episodes. 

I am impressed with a couple of details... 

-> Indra, Agni, Varun were the main deities of the Aryans in the initial phases. Later Shiva was introduced as the Supreme owing to Harappan/Dravidian influence. I was a bit taken aback by the names they were using for the characters though - Shivam, Rudra (all names of Lord Shiva only). 

-> Upabeet (the sacred thread) concept. Not only the Brahmins but also the other casts were allowed to carry the thread depending on his worth. Also, the cast system was not rigid at all in those days. The cast of any person was dependent on the worth and work he used to do.

-> They portrayed the Dravidians worshiping Goddess Amba (a form of Parvati); expected since it's a Matriarchal society. Chamundi (Devasena's mother) is another form of Goddess Parvati. Devasena is incidentally the name of the wife of Kartikeya, son of Shiva/Parvati. I am curious whether they are going to show the Dravidians worshiping Lord Shiva as well.

-> The prominence of the use of "head of bull" symbol in Dravidian society.

The performances have been stellar throughout the episode πŸ‘. The VFX'- top-notch πŸ‘. 

Just for GK:

The majority of the scholars believe that Sindhu & Saraswati (located in Rajasthan) were the most popular and sacred rivers of that era. The 5 rivers - Sutudri (Sutlej/Shatadru), Parusni (Ravi/Iravati), Asikni (Chenab/Chandrabhaga), Vitasta (Jhelum), Vipas (Vipasha) - are tributaries of Sindhu. These 5, along with Sarasawti & Sindhu, constituted the Sapta Sindhu.

A long post for a first timer. Apologies if it has been boring...
Edited by chandrima02 - 6 years ago
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@blacksheep: : I just loved your words that where women are treated with respect and worshipped, the place will be prosperous.  It is very true. 
@chandrima02: Very nicely written. 
Karthikeya's wife was devayani and she was the daughter of Indradev.

As I mentioned in another thread, I hope to see Madurai Meenakshi story shades.