Social media influence

leavesandwaves thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 years ago
After coming to know that Shashank is quitting, I want to put through my thoughts.

Nowadays, tv actors are more on social media clicking selfies and catering to their fans. They should concentrate on their roles than wasting away their time and energy on these useless things.

See Salman Khan and Aamir Khan who are ruling the boxoffice. They are rarely seen on social media networks and thats how they are giving all to their films.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

princess2507 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Well your topic may be true when it comes to priyanka, Bhavini & Ruslaan. But Vikram, shivani & Sara are doing there role wonderfully and convincingly. Shashank doesn't fall in any category.
trolldemortx thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
1. Shashank hasn't quit. He was ousted.
There is a big difference.

2. See Salman Khan and Aamir Khan who are ruling the boxoffice. They are rarely seen on social media networks and thats how they are giving all to their films.

I disagree. SRK is quite active on social media & that hasn't affected his career in a negative way. 

I think it's a good strategy because unlike BW actors these tv actors doesn't have a huge fan bass, they need to connect with their fans to stay relevant especially when the show is not TRP driven but solely a major hot due to online fans and social media.

If you compare BW actors with HW actors then I can say that Salman still has a lot if social media activity compared to some one like Tom Cruise or Leonardo dicaprio but it's only because Cruise or dicaprio doesn't need the social media virus to stay connected as they've a bigger fanbase around the world.

Shashank is being ousted majorly because since phase 2 the show was compromised to fit his bill, I understand that as an actor he needed his character to be highlighted but makers in that process played with the quality of the show. Moreover the fan wars didn't help because his fans wanted a Ravish centric show or Ravidha centric show but the love story was ViTharv's
leavesandwaves thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..HowRude..

1. Shashank hasn't quit. He was ousted.

There is a big difference.

2. See Salman Khan and Aamir Khan who are ruling the boxoffice. They are rarely seen on social media networks and thats how they are giving all to their films.

I disagree. SRK is quite active on social media & that hasn't affected his career in a negative way. 

But SRK has lost his position at No.1 due to lack of focus on his career. Yes, he draws great initials but he loses out on trending if we see his recent films. He is more into attending events, hosting and social media activities.
tiny15 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: leavesandwaves

After coming to know that Shashank is quitting, I want to put through my thoughts.

Nowadays, tv actors are more on social media clicking selfies and catering to their fans. They should concentrate on their roles than wasting away their time and energy on these useless things.

See Salman Khan and Aamir Khan who are ruling the boxoffice. They are rarely seen on social media networks and thats how they are giving all to their films.

do u mean shnaky is clicking selfies etc & not doing his work?? i'vn't seen him clicking pic on his own.but oders clicked pics wid him u can see he rarely posts his pics wid oders but oders  do &tag him mostly.
and shanky we know has played ravish ckt perfectly & yes he has  quitted on his own. see article also says he wanted 2 quit b4 but they made him stay saying his ckt will get sumthing substantial.but 2 adjust sum1else his ckt's tracks/SS r compromised.

no1 wanted only ravish centric or ravidha  centric story.all ppl wanted parallel tracks 4 all 3 leads.

ppl say shanky is not doing his job nicely then its their biasedness.but lets  see wat"ll happen  2 this show after he quits .it won't survive 4 long .i doubt it even fulfill its  6 month extsn.
trolldemortx thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: leavesandwaves

But SRK has lost his position at No.1 due to lack of focus on his career. Yes, he draws great initials but he loses out on trending if we see his recent films. He is more into attending events, hosting and social media activities.

Still classier than Salman Khan eh? ðŸ˜Ž
feona-frona thumbnail
I think it depends on actors talent nt how much they 're active in social media.todays age social media is needed 2 interact with fans
leavesandwaves thumbnail

Originally posted by: feona-frona

I think it depends on actors talent nt how much they 're active in social media.todays age social media is needed 2 interact with fans

But fans also instigate and pressurise. This is the flip side.