Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ltelidevara thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: Radhikerani

Wow! I never knew about the Prahlad bit!

I Thanks Protiti. I would feel gratified if I can tell whatever I read.
ltelidevara thumbnail

Originally posted by: SilverBell

Wow Very Interesting.
Thanks For Sharing The Amazing Story Here.
I Learned Something New.

Thank you . I feel motivated if you  say so. Edited by ltelidevara - 6 years ago
ltelidevara thumbnail
Nara Narayanau Devau tavetau Visrutau divi 
Bhavanapyabhi janati yadyetau yatparakramau

These are the words uttered by Akasha Vani to Indra after Khandava Dahan. " These two who are valourous  are famous in heaven as Nar Narayan the gods. You also know them."

One summer day in Indraprasth Arjun said." Madhav! The summer heat is unbearable. Let us go to Yamuna and relax." Krishna readily agreed.
After getting permission from Yudhishtir the two friends reached Yamuna with much pomp. A big group of dancers,musicians and others accompanied them to Yamuna. Draupadi and Subhadra also went with them and enjoyed with their friends. 

Krishna and Arjun walked along the river and relaxed  conversing on different matters.

Then they saw a Brahmin approaching them. He looked weird with his whole form exuding a certain fire like radiance. Krishna smiled at him as if he already anticipated his arrival.

Pranam Brahmin Devta, Arjun bowed. The Brahmin blessed him and said. He Krishna, He Arjun, I request you to feed me and satisfy my hunger.Arjun asked him what type of food he wants to be served. " 

The Brahmin explained. I am Agnidev,The God of Fire. I want to consume this Khandav  forest to satisfy my hunger. I am suffering with indigestion as I was made to swallow excessive ghee due to the continuous sacrifices performed by Maharaj Swet.The creator advised me to consume Khandav  with all the inhabitants to cure my disease.I tried many times but Indra 's thunder showers prevented me from doing so."

. Arjun surprisingly asked."  Why did he do so?"  Agni replied " Because his friend Nagraj Takshak lives here with his family.Then the creator told me that the great sages Nar and Narayan  have born as Arjun and Krishna. They will help your purpose. So I came to you both to help me with your might"

. Arjun was in shock. How is that possible? Nar, Narayan...Krishna interrupted his thoughts. Parth, what is you answer to Agnidev?" 

Arjun looked at Agni and frankly admitted. "AgniDev, I will never hesitate to render help to one who solicits that from me. So is Madhav. But We don't possess the required weapons to fight the demons who live here and celestials  who prevent us. That is my only concern."

AgniDev closed his eyes and requested Varun Dev who came with great weapons for both of them. As Arjun looked at the great Bow brought by him, he was mesmerised by its unique splendour. It is awesome. He thought and gazed at it 

Arjun extended his hand and coiled his fingers round its middle place and felt the submission and love of the bow towards him. Agnidev said precisely." This is Gandiv. You will win many battles and earn fame with it. Arjun, These are the in exhaustive quivers. They will never become empty. This chariot of white steeds and Ape banner make you famous as Swet Vahan and Kapidhwaj.This conch is Devdutt Your rivals will tremble with fear when they hear the sound"

. Agnidev also gave Krishna Sudarshan, the Devine discus and Panchajanya, the Devine conch. Both the cousins are highly appeased with what they got. They became ready to help AgniDev to consume the Khandav. As the fire fiercely started consuming every thing the inhabitants tried to escape but Krishna and Arjun did not let any animal, bird or demon flee from the fire.

The Gandiv danced merrily in Arjun's hands and complimented his energy,force,lightness of hand in releasing arrows.Indra was informed about the burning of the forest  and he  fumed. He made heavy mass of clouds shower rain to extinguish fire. But Arjun prevented the showers with excellent Astras. He made a cover of arrows over the forest preventing the showers to fall

.Takshaka at that time was not there in the forest. His son Aswasena tried to escape with the help of his mother who swallowed him half but was killed by Arjun 's sharp edged arrow, Indra created illusion that made Arjun unconscious and Aswasen escaped with Indra's timely help.

After gaining consciousness,Arjun was enraged and cut every animal,every bird or demon to pieces with his shower of arrows. On the other hand Krishna killed many demons and animals with his Sudarshan .Indra again sent masses of clouds to shower heavily but Arjun's vayavyastr dispelled not only the clouds but diminished the force of Indra's Thunderbolt hurled at him.

The rain dried up. The sky is cleared of darkness.  Mayasur, a demon is about to be killed by Krishna but was saved by Arjun. Indra again attacked with thunderbolt. All the celestials like Yama,Kubera, Aswins, Aryaman,Pushan Bhaga,Viswedevas,Siddhas and sadhyas attacked them with their special weapons.

Still Gandiv thummed with menace and dispelled all the weapons of the opponents. Indra hurled a part of Mandara hill at Arjun, who pierced it into pieces with his powerful arrows. For fifteen days the rage of Agni continued. The valour of  Arjun and Krishna shone brightly.

Danavas,pisachas,Nagas, every inhabitant perished either in the glowing fire or in the fire of undisputed  valour displayed by the eternal friends. Indra relented and withdrew his attack.
Indra heard the Devine voice that  made him realise the factual truth"...No one can defeat  Nar, Narayan the Devine sages.  You also know them before " The Akash Vani pronounced

. He came down and praised his son and Krishna. I am gratified by your superior display of  valour. Ask for a boon. Arjun expressed his desire to get all the Devine Astras .Indra smiled at him.You will certainly get them  my son,at an appropriate time.When you purify yourself with austerities. He promised. 

Krishna said"  Let my friendship with Parth remain eternal." Arjun had tears in his eyes. Indra said with immense satisfaction. " So be it. You are already soul mates. You don't need my help.

Maya requested. " Rajkumar Arjun.iAccept my token of gratitude for you .you saved my life.I want to do something for you. Please accept it for saving my life."

Arjun did not want anything. Krishna asked Maya to construct a spectacular Sabha for Yudhishtir. Maya built the famous Maya Sabha the hall of illusions.

.Only six were saved from Khandava fire.Maya, Aswasena,and the four sarngaka birds.

Note: This was the first occasion when Krishna and Arjun were identified as Nar and Narayan. The Khandav Dahan was possible only due to Krishna and Arjun who vanquished Indra and many gods.
Begining with this we come across many situations where the reference of Nar Narayan was made.I wish to bring forth those memorable parts as per my ability.

Lakshmi
Edited by ltelidevara - 6 years ago
wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Nicely worded! BTW, Indra is one such person who NEVER learns from his mistakes! 😆
ltelidevara thumbnail

Originally posted by: Radhikerani

Nicely worded! BTW, Indra is one such person who NEVER learns from his mistakes! 😆

Thanks Protiti. 
Yes you are right. Indra never learns.But may be this time he wants to test his son's skills.
wayward thumbnail
^ What he wants only he can tell. :)
SilverBell thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Wow This Is Getting Even More Interesting.
ltelidevara thumbnail

The aftermath of dice game resulted in Pandavas Exile. They have to live twelve years in forest and one year in incognito.

The atmosphere in Aryavarth turned gloomy to some extent and the allies of pandavas like Vrishnis Andhakas Panchalas and other kings like Dhrishtaketu and Chekitana decided to visit them and decide the further action.

Krishna with his prominent yadavas and Dhrishtdyumn with his Panchala Chiefs ,Dhrishtaketu Chekitana and others reached the forest and expressed solidarity and support for the injustice done to the five brothers.

Krishna is enraged listening to the happenings at Kurusabha that included the shameful insult done to the most pious queen of Pandavas.

He roared in anger and said." I could not follow the mishappenings as I was busy with my battle with Salva.If I was there I could have prevented the dice game at any cost. Now I won't spare them either. I will kill Duryothan,Dussasan,Sakuni and Karn and restore the kingdom back to Yudhishtir."

Krishna became ferocious to look at. No one dared to say anything.

Arjun approached him,and folded his hands." Madhav! I heard from Vyasa himself and Narada that you are the all pervading Lord . You killed many  troublemakers like Kamsa and wrongdoers like Salva and Sisupala You also killed Narakasura  ,the son of Bhudevi. 

Narad told me that you are penance itself and swayam excelled in austerities. It is said that you did penance at Badarivan Gandhamadhan and Pushkar.

Nothing is impossible if you decide to act upon. But please be your normal self and grace us in our trials."

Parth praised his soulmate by singing his glory . Krishna calmed down and hugged his cousin. He showered his nectar like grace on him through his lotus eyes and declared.

Janardana: Partham Ityuvacha 

Mamaiva Tvam  Tavaivaham Ye Madiya stavaiva Te

Yastvam dveshti  sa mam dveshti Yastvamanu sa Mamanu " 

You are mine. I am yours.All that belongs to me is yours also.One who hates you ,hates me even.One who follows you follows me .

Narastvamasi Durdharsha Harirnarayanoaham 

Loka llokamimam praptau Naranarayanau Rishi 

O invincible Parth! You are Nar and I am Narayan or Hari .We are born in this world for a special purpose.

Ajanyah Partha mattastvamaham tvattascha Bharata 

Naavayorantaram sakyam veditum Bharatarshabha.

O Bharat! You are from me and I am from you. None can understand the difference between us. 

Having given solace to Pandavas and Panchali Krishna went back to Dwaraka.

Note; The words from the Narayan himself bears testimony to the fact that they two are the Devine sages born as Arjun and Krishna.

Lord clearly declared that Arjun's rivals are his rivals. He admitted that there is no difference between them.

Krishna Ofcourse loved The Fiva Brothers . But Arjun is his image or alter ego. The bond shared by them is a bond between soul mates and equals.

It is said that Arjun may be an year or a couple of years younger than Krishna. So they are of same age group that helps them interact in a closer manner . 

When Arjun went on pilgrimage to Prabhasa Krishna stayed with him on Raivataka mountain and enjoyed his company. They swam in the waters of Prabhas tirth ate and drank together and enjoyed music and dance before they went to sleep.

We also see them have their fill at the time of Khandav dahan. They always roamed together,and like Vyasa said they like music ,dance,dramas eta. He also says they conversed a lot on different matters.

Surely the reason for such comradiare is their roots that went back to Badari Van . Nar Narayan showed people how to live life  not disregarding responsibilities. The vibrance and energy they possessed made them the eternal explorers of life . Male bonding must have started since then. 

The journey towards identifying Nar Narayan with Arjun and Krishna continues...

Lakshmi

ltelidevara thumbnail

Originally posted by: SilverBell

Wow This Is Getting Even More Interesting.

Nothing excites me than singing the glory of Krishna and Arjun. Thanks a lot for appreciation.
wayward thumbnail
Krishna and Arjun are really the best! <3