Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

altgr thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Himesh Mankad
Apologies for the wrong information last night. #Zero *CONFIRMED* runtime is 2 hour 44 minutes:

First Half: 70 - 71 Minutes
Second Half: 93 - 94 Minutes

FINAL PRINT has been locked and will MOST PROBABLY be screened to the censor board tomorrow - Expecting U/A certificate
altgr thumbnail
[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mVXz2EKh4g[/YOUTUBE]
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
 N N liked
Sumit kadelVerified account @SumitkadeI 
More

#Zero advance booking is BRILLIANT at major cities across India, morning shows tickets are getting sold out like hot cakes, extraordinary advance booking is expected from Wednesday onwards.

Anotherstar thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
8 songs !!!! 
When will full album release 
Excited for qawali song
altgr thumbnail

Did you know? Aanand L Rai recreated Meerut's Ghantaghar in Film City for 'Zero'

DNA Web Team | Updated: Dec 16, 2018, 03:08 AM IST

Shah Rukh and Aanand L Rai
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Zero also stars Anushka Sharma and Katrina Kaif and is slated to release on December 21

Aanand L Rai, who's directed 'Zero' starring Shah Rukh Khan, Anuhka Sharma and Katrina Kaif in the leads, built one of the largest set in Mumbai's Film City. The filmmaker recreated the Ghantaghar or clocktower which is an iconic landmark of Meerut. 

As Zero is based in the city of Meerut, the makers recreated the monument to the scale, making it one of the biggest sets ever built in film city. The original structure is located in Meerut, the centre of Uttar Pradesh and was built in 1914 by the British. Replicating the magnificent commemorate which was built by skilled labourers with specialized techniques back in the 19th century was a very challenging and a gruelling task for the director. 

The set has been so well duplicated that the difference between real and the set is almost impossible to be told. From the local stalls to the massive buildings, the makers recreated everything to make it look authentic. 

A source close to the film reveals, "During the pre-production, we had travelled to Meerut and clicked pictures of the lanes to recreate them. As we built the set in Mumbai, we clicked a picture again to compare the two and to our surprise, it was even difficult for the production team to spot the difference."

The trailer gave us glimpses of the recreated town, leaving no room for doubts about the loc***y in Meerut. Zero showcases Shah Rukh Khan as the vertically challenged Bauua, Anushka Sharma as Aafia, a girl who is a scientist living with cerebral palsy and Katrina Kaif as an actress named Babita Kumari. The trailer of the film has piqued the interest of the audience making Zero one of the most anticipated movies of the year.

The Aanand L. Rai directorial is all set to release on December 21, 2018.

altgr thumbnail

"Shah Rukh Khan and I spoilt each other. - Aanand L Rai

Ashwini DeshmukhSun, Dec 16, 2018

He's a filmmaker known for weaving romance in his rustic tales. Showcasing conflicting emotions and complex relationships against the backdrop of small-towns, his directorials Tanu Weds Manu, Raanjhanaa and Tanu Weds Manu: Returns have won huge popularity. His offbeat productions Nil Battey Sannata, Happy Bhag Jayegi, Shubh Mangal Saavdhan, Mukkabaaz, Manmarziyaan and Tumbbad have also taken cinema forward. But nothing could be bigger than Zero, where he has superstars Shah Rukh Khan, Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma actualising his vision. While some high-end VFX promise a great viewing experience, Aanand L Rai, known for his grip over emotions and drama is all set to tale a riveting tale. A chat with the director, who has his heart in the right place...

Aanand L Rai

Shah Rukh Khan and you make for a never-before combination. What can we expect?

You can expect a great story. The audience is only interested in the story. Khan saab and I are focussing on the story. We have enjoyed this journey, each other's company. It was a tough film to put across but our passion has seen it through. We don't take ourselves so seriously but we take our work seriously. That's we're extremely emotional about this journey.
I'm excited about the fact that I've taken him back to his earlier days where he started off as Sunil, Raju, went to become Rahul and Raj... I'm just completing the cycle and restarting with Raju. It's like what we say Shuru se shuru karte hain, zero se shuru karte hain'.

Any inhibitions before working with a superstar like SRK?

It hasn't happened to me suddenly. I have worked my way up and have earned Shah Rukh Khan. He wasn't gifted to me. I was looking forward to working with him and waiting for an opportunity and a story where I could go to him and say, I have something very exciting for you.' Zero gave me that opportunity.

They say Shah Rukh Khan can spoil filmmakers. He makes everything so easy and so grand.

Yes, he can spoil people with the kind of love he showers on you. It happened with me too. Luckily, I also had a lot of love to give him. So, we could spoil each other.

What has SRK added to your vision?

He's completely a director's actor. At the same time with his experience, he enhances the vision. He respects your storytelling. He's so intelligent that he understands what the storyteller is thinking. As an actor, he will never say no to you. He believes the actor's job is to deliver. And if he feels Aanand knows small towns well, then he'll extract everything from me and use it for his character.

What more did you discover about him?

You know a person through his films. But in the last couple of years, I've understood that he's a witty, humorous family man. His success is not just because he has given hits. It's because of the approach he has towards life. The kind of secure person he is. There's so much to learn from him - how to deal with people, how to understand a situation... He's a well-read man. At times, I believe his intelligence can become a hurdle for him as he can understand way beyond the situation. He can foresee a lot of things. You sit with him for some time and you go back with knowledge.

How easy or difficult was it to work with such a big personality?

He's the most obedient actor I've worked with. He's obedient to a level that he scares me. Because you've got to be sure about what you're asking. Because he is going to deliver. He will never question you. If you have slightest of confusion, you must first correct it before asking him for anything because then he's unstoppable. That's a great quality. He's always ready to deliver.

You also have two talented actresses Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma in your film...

They've been professional, supportive and fantastic. Be it Shah Rukh, Katrina or Anushka is despite all their positioning, they come on the set like any other normal actor. That makes life so beautiful for all of us. I don't have to think twice before talking to them, which is what I've always wished. As a director, I'm allowed to fall in love with all of them so that I can extract the best out of them. Both Anushka and Katrina are fantastic human beings and extremely honest people. 

Aanand L Rai

Zero must have been a challenge given the unique technology we see...

I had a star who was with me in the entire journey. As an actor, he was completely engrossed in the film. I always tell him, You're an actor with the heart of a filmmaker.' He loves to be there in the entire process. He's waiting to hear what you're asking of him. He's so passionate about his work, which is brilliant.

Speaking about the technology, I should be the last person to use any VFX in my film. I'm a simple man, I've lived my life on real locations, in small towns. I've made realistic films. But then again, I I'm the right person to do a film like this. Because I don't value VFX as a technique. I value VFX as an emotion. My motivation is my story. I was dying to tell this story. To make the story look real, I needed VFX. I only think about my story and my characters. Everything else falls in place. I'm not attached to VFX as a technique, I'm attached to people.

Was the VFX bit a tough process for you?

My last film released in 2015. In the last three and a half years, I've made one film, Zero. But given the canvas of the work I feel I've completed four films. But I've enjoyed bringing those emotions on screen.

You're known to be such a foodie and SRK it seems hardly eats. How did this combination work?

We've been contagious' to each other. I used to sleep early, he used to sleep late. I used to wake up early, he woke up late. I was a foodie, he wasn't. But now, I can be awake till late in the night sitting and chatting with him. And you'll find him try out a lot of variety in food. We have actually affected each other.

There's a dearth of good writers in the industry. How do you surmount that as a filmmaker?

I feel we need to spend some more time on scripting. We shouldn't be in a hurry to put the film on the floor. It's important to make good films, not a lot of films. We have good writers, we just need to start respecting them. But now they're getting their due. Things are changing.

Cinema is now enjoying newer platforms. How do you look at these avenues?

It's the future and digital is here to grow. But again, we need to study it in a better way. Things have started on a great note. I'm excited for the audiences as they're going to get more stories. As filmmakers, we need to understand what stories should appear on the big screen because it must have cinematic value.
altgr thumbnail

Shah Rukh Khan on Zero and the box-office challenge

Kajol MathurMon, Dec 17, 2018

Shah Rukh Khan on Zero and the box-office challenge

Anticipated as one of the biggest films this year, Zero stars Shah Rukh Khan, Anushka Sharma and Katrina Kaif in the lead. The film stars SRK playing the role of a dwarf and promises to be an engaging watch as the trailer suggests. Naturally, his fans are keen to watch the Aanand L Rai directorial.

Shah Rukh Khan, Aanand L Rai, Anushka Sharma, Zero, Katrina Kaif, Filmfare

In a recent interview, when Shah Rukh Khan was asked what would his reaction be if Zero fails to work at the box-office and impress his zillions of fans, the superstar replied with panache, "See, I can't change that, and if I can't change something, why should I think about it? If people feel that Zero is very important for me, it's their feeling. God forbid, if this film doesn't work, what will happen? Maybe, I won't get work for six months or 10 months, but if I believe that my craft and art is good, I will continue to get work.

Further commenting about the importance of box-office numbers and the fact that the story is of great importance, he said, "The trade world has a point of view about a film's business, and they are right from their viewpoint. Main dekhta hoon ki iss film ki story kya hai? Or is mein nayapan kya hai? That's more important to me.

Shah Rukh Khan, Aanand L Rai, Anushka Sharma, Zero, Katrina Kaif, Filmfare

Zero features Anushka playing the role of a scientist suffering from cerebral palsy and Katrina Kaif as a superstar called Babita Kumari. The film is slated for release on December 21.

altgr thumbnail
Hello_kitta thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
This film is releasing tomorrow and shooting starts today. 1 day mai film banaya?? Ginnus book of world records hoyega?
altgr thumbnail

Originally posted by: Hello_kitta

This film is releasing tomorrow and shooting starts today. 1 day mai film banaya?? Ginnus book of world records hoyega?

TM has not been active for a long time so thread title is still old.