I was once criticised for my baritone voice: Sharad Kelkar

vyoman thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 years ago

I was once criticised for my baritone voice: Sharad Kelkar

Vijaya Tiwari| TNN | Updated: May 3, 2017, 02.43 PM IST
Good looking and charming, TV actor Sharad Kelkar is winning accolades for his voice over in the second installment of magnum opus Baahubali. He has dubbed for lead hero Prabhas in the Hindi version of the film in both the parts. However, not many know that the actor was once criticized for his baritone voice.

While talking to the TimesOfIndia.com in an old interview, Sharad had stated, "Initially, people criticised my baritone voice. They used to tell me kya phate hue baans ki tarah awaaz hai teri...". I have a sister, who is three years elder than me, but when her friends called up and heard my voice they though I was her elder brother. Sometimes they even called me her father (laughs)."

When asked, how did the movie come to him, the Kuch Toh Log Kahenge actor revealed, "Rajamouli sir had dubbed with some other artist, I don't know who he was. But he was not happy with the voice and final outcome. As I was doing a Telugu film at that time, somebody suggested my name to him and that's how I got the chance. Baahubali was a great experience as I got a chance to work with one of my favourite directors Rajamouli sir."

Sharad feels that dubbing is like an exercise which gives him a chance to polish his skills when he is not shooting. "I go all out when I am dubbing for any film. I am very animated when I am dubbing for a film. I shout, throw my hands in the air because I consider dubbing also as acting," concluded Sharad.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Priyodorshee thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
TFS Edited by Sadia.Ritu - 6 years ago
Manzz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
πŸ˜ƒ  πŸ˜ƒ  Thanks  πŸ˜ƒ  πŸ˜ƒ

πŸ˜ƒ  πŸ˜ƒ  πŸ˜ƒ  πŸ˜³  πŸ˜³ πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜³  For The Informative Article  ! !  β˜ΊοΈ πŸ˜ƒ Nice Really ! ! πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜³  πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜† 

πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜³   πŸ˜ƒ  πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ