Avinesh Rekhi was just too good

sandiab thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 7 years ago
I really don't like nice guys on tv shows and i am always rooting for the grey character to win especially if they well acted.
when this show started i was like I like Uma he is hot, shirtless, hot😳 , shirtless  and hot😳😆. enough on me drooling but I like to understand a character straight away when I watch them and this was not the case with Uma and it was not coz he was hot, shirtless, hot😳😆.

But rather I did not know what to make of him- Avinesh's voice for this character is so perfectly suited and  is so serene and beautiful and coz of his voice texture and the fact that my hindi is not good and for me to understand i fill in the gaps most of the time and with half the time he sounds like an angel, looks like an angel and then when i see the subtitles I am like omg is he a devil.

this character his beliefs are so basic and strong and so fundamentally flawed that one expects him to be just that. And what I am loving about this character is that he is not just that he is so much more than that.

Mondays episode for me I really loved because of the way he allowed himself to be teased by the woman i did not feel like he thought they did not have a right to mock him and tease him and there was kind of a respect in that. even when he has to make a major decision he consults a woman 1st. this goes against what he said in he beginning of the show that the man is the one in control and a woman is just there to follow orders.

there is such a fine line between hero and anti hero and Avinesh has really done well for me in that his characters action are totally wronto g if another actor had played Uma i would think that the way they would have reacted to kanak's refusal would be one of arrogance and this for me did not come out.

i wish I had the time properly analyse this character ðŸ˜­. he is darn interesting