Prologue is so Intriguing
phillips_2909 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Excited to read more 
Alicia2012 thumbnail
Wow great story please update soon 
I can't wait for the next part of your story and congratulations on the new story 
..optimist.. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thank you everyone for liking the prologue... ðŸ˜ƒ
..optimist.. thumbnail
Chapter 1 coming up soon... ðŸ˜‰
..optimist.. thumbnail

Link to Prologue

CHAPTER 1

Khushi was alone at home this weekend as her parents had gone out of town for a couple of days. Bored of the usual office routine, she thought of calling over her best friends, Anjali, Payal and Aditi, to her home so that she would have company and they would have fun together after months. Their get-together was always full of food, movies, music, dance... and their favourite game - Truth or Dare!

Khushi was ready for her dare.

"Give her something different to do! Something crazy!!" said Aditi.

"Yes Payal!" added Anjali, "Don't leave this chance!"

Everyone was laughing and enjoying the moment. Khushi was confident that she would complete any dare whatsoever given to her. Brave girl she was! And her best friends were not going to spare her now.

Payal's eyes sparkled as she made up her mind about what dare she was to give to Khushi. "Do you have a telephone directory?" she asked Khushi.

"What?" Khushi couldn't understand why she was asking that.

"Who keeps a telephone directory these days?" said Aditi.

"Just tell me whether you have one!" demanded Payal.

"We might have an old one in the store room" said Khushi trying to recall.

"Great! Get it then!" Payal was very excited while the others were curious to know what Payal was about to ask Khushi to do.

Khushi returned with the telephone directory, coughing as she dusted it. "Here!" she said handing it to Payal.

Payal pulled Khushi's hand making her to sit down. "So!" began Payal, "Here's what you are supposed to do..." Everyone listened to Payal curiously. "You are supposed to pick a random phone number from this directory, and call the person whoever it might be... and..."

"Wait!" interrupted Anjali. "Have you seen the time? It's already past midnight!"

"Shhh... Let me complete first!" said Payal, ignoring Anjali's argument. "And then, you must talk to the person for alteast two minutes! Okay? ATLEAST TWO MINUTES! I will be counting... You cannot just hand up when the person on the other side says sorry wrong number', alright?"

Anjali wasn't very happy with the dare given to Khushi. But Payal said that what dare is it if there's nothing crazy in it! Anjali finally gave in.

"What if the number doesn't exist anymore? This is an old directory..." Aditi raised a question.

"Then go for some other number!" said Payal with a wink. "Khushi will have to keep calling people, till she fulfils the conditions of the dare... All the conditions!"

Everyone looked at Khushi who was all set to go for it. She opened a random page closing her eyes and placed her index finger at some place on the page. Everyone leaned over to see the name.

"Kiran Sharma!" Aditi read out the name aloud as Khushi was ready with her phone.

"Is it a HE or a SHE?" said Anjali and everyone laughed out loud.

"We will find out in a moment!" said Khushi dialling the number.

"Put it on the speaker phone, Khushi!" said Payal, "And two minutes... Don't forget!" she reminded.

Their excitement died away as they got to know the number didn't exist anymore.

"See! The same happened what I had said... The number doesn't exist!" said Aditi in disappointment.

"Don't be upset, Aditi..." said Khushi, "Let's try another one... I have got to complete this task!!"

Again a random page and a random name... Riya Kapoor. Khushi dialled the number and an old man, as he seemed from his voice, answered the call only to say that there was no Riya Kapoor available on the number. Though Khushi tried her best to keep the conversation going, the old man got angry to have received a random call at more than an hour past midnight and he disconnected the call.

"The two-minute-target missed!" Payal teased Khushi. "Go on... I am sure you will be at peace only after completing this dare!"

"You know me so well!" said Khushi with a wink and went on to search for yet another contact. "Arnav Singh Raizada!" she read out, "Let's see what he has to say!"

Khushi dialled the number and everyone was excited to see that the number did exist as they heard the rings over the speaker phone. Khushi's heartbeat rose with every successive ring giving her a feeling that this call was going to make a difference. What difference? She had no idea...

Link to Next Chapter

PS : Buddy Me for PMs

Edited by ..optimist.. - 7 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

..optimist.. thumbnail
Updated!! ðŸ˜ƒ
The chapters will be short... but frequently posted...
And it's a very short story...

Hope you enjoy it! ðŸ˜Š
bokul thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
awesome start
Edited by -DZ- - 7 years ago
..optimist.. thumbnail

😃 ðŸ˜ƒ
AparnaChinnu thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
wow i am so excited...it seems too interesting...
plz update fast