Nikitin Dheer approached for the role of grown up Peshwa Bajirao

Marathi_Mulgi thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Leaps play a very crucial part in a show when it comes to audience' responses. Especially when it deals with aging the character onscreen, which often calls for a change of cast. While child artists completely own the character with their brilliant performances, they also end up setting the bar too high for anyone to reprise their grown-up roles.

The makers of Sony TV's popular show Peshwa Bajirao are in the same dilemma as the show is about to take a leap wherein the young Bajirao will be replaced with the grown up Peshwa. The series is based on Maratha Peshwa Bajirao I, who ruled under Chhatrapati Shahu.

Our sources confirm that actor Nikitin Dheer has been approached to play the role.

Popular Bollywood star, Nikitin Dheer who made his TV debut with Life Ok's Nagarjun - Ek Yoddha has been approached to play Bajirao's character, post leap.

We tried contacting Nikitin Dheer but he remained unavailable for a comment.

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/38357-nikitin-dheer-approached-for-the-role-of-grown-up-peshwa-bajirao.htm

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Marathi_Mulgi thumbnail
liked nikitin in ja but was expecting Ashish Sharma as manishji & he had worked together before in CGM and they were superb!

Edited by Marathi_Mulgi - 7 years ago
vasusi1 thumbnail
Niketan dheer is a very good actor no doubt but he will not suit the role of bajirao
Marathi_Mulgi thumbnail
Originally posted by: vasusi1

Niketan dheer is a very good actor no doubt but he will not suit the role of bajirao

yeh liked him in ashutosh's film Jodha Akbar!
He is fair height n physic but he is too mighty for bajirao
my choice is ashish sharma
Edited by Marathi_Mulgi - 7 years ago
sweet_diksha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
this would be good choice..
sp108 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Have always seen this guy play villain and his range of expressions seemed very limited in both Jodha Akbar and Chennai Express. I am sceptical about him playing the grown up Baji. 
MaddyO thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Interesting!  He will be suitable for Bajirao's character physically.  Don't know much about his acting though!!
Ashish Sharma?  Is he the one from Siya ke Ram's Ram?  Too soon after that serial and will look older.  Actually older Bajirao character should be around 18-19 after leap as he will become Peshwa at 19-20.

Maybe they should cast a newcomer from theatre or something.

anonee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
In my opinion, Rudra Soni, as the young Baji, has been excellent - finding a replacement is going to be tough!
They need a young adult who is talented and can pick up at least a few of Rudra's characteristics.

I have not watched any of Nikitan Dheer's shows - so I cannot comment on him.  However it would be inappropriate to cast him as a young adult!
Ahankara thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Niketan Dheer was approached for Akbar's role during MP leap time. I heard that Ulka Gupta was approached for the role of Kashibai. 
Marathi_Mulgi thumbnail
Originally posted by: harshu27

thnx fr sharing...😃

welcome😃