Faisal Qureshi Recommended Dramas - Page 5

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AuntyDepressant thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: cimba

Is that ruswa where he ends up with Hindu turned Muslim maid ??? 

She was not the maid but yes it is that show.
cimba thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
That show was not bad at all. Despite being religious themed which was little irked when shown just by changing religion / faith problems are solved and person is accepted. Acting was good ,characters were positive change in the middle of saas-bahu saaga. FQ shown middle age guy but still good looking. 
JNam thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Jaan-Jee

Do not want to sound like an advocate for Faysal Quraishi. I also have problems with the kind of dramas he is doing currently but i think criticizing him for not doing interesting characters is a bit unfair. He has previously done many unusual characters including old and young such as in drama Virasat, Jhumka jaan, Aashti etc.

That is just my point. When he was younger, he had no qualms about playing an aging character or even a peripheral character. He seemed more interested in doing something different or challenging even if the final results didn't match up to his best work. These past few years he has just been doing the same character-either an unhinged one like Basher, or a goody-two-shoes like Mariam or Aap Kay Liya. In Aap Kay Liye, which many of his viewers enjoyed, his character was pretty much exactly like his character in Mariam. The difference was in Washma's characterization, not Saheer's. 
As for his personality, I do find him a bit loud and off-putting compared to someone like Adnan Siddqui or Samiya Mumtaz who come across as more mature, and dignified. Finally, while I am happy for his personal life, I am a bit tired of performers parading around their family, especially if the members are not in the performing arts. It seems futile at best and plain silly at worst. Anyhow, if he takes up some interesting character, I would be interested. But I remain convinced that women performer of his and HUmayun Saeed's age are braver with their choices (such as Samiya Mumtaz or Sania Saeed). 
Edited by JNam - 7 years ago