"Looks do matter to me" - Mishal Raheja

~DaZZ|ing~ thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

A girls looks do matter to me Mishal Raheja

BY SAMPURN 
FRIDAY, MAY 14, 2010  

May 14, 2010 (Sampurn Wire):He's the undisputed don of television. Not that he's gunned down his rivals. In fact, he's all by himself. After all, there are barely one or two shows depicting the life of gangsters. Prominent among them is Colors show Laagi Tujhse Lagan, wherein Duttabhau, an underworld don finds himself married to a dark and ugly looking Nakusha.

(For the records, Nakusha is actually a fair princess who paints her body black)

Presently, the show is at a pivotal stage where Duttabhau, played by Mishal Raheja, is livid to learn that his bride-to-be has vanished, and instead, he has tied the knot with the ugly Nakusha.

That's the case in reel life. We asked the actor, whether he would marry a dark girl in real life too? The actor surprised us with his reply.

He says, "It's a bad thing to profile people on the basis of their colour. However, I'll be lying if I say that I don't want a fair girl. Honestly speaking, a girl's looks do matter to me. Deep in their hearts most guys prefer the fairer skin. I give 50 per cent consideration to looks, and the rest boils down to the nature."

So, has Mr.Raheja found his 50:50 girl?

"No, I haven't. I was in a relationship that lasted for four years. Unfortunately, things didn't click between us. I got too busy with my work. She tried to give our relationship another chance, but I wasn't prepared for it. I'm a mamma's boy and a little demanding by nature. I'm 27 now. I don't see myself getting married for at least 4-5 years. I want to give all the happiness in the world to my parents," replied our Duttabhau.

Well, perhaps Raheja's not-so-fair fans must be heartbroken now.

After girls, it's over to guns now. The actor is fond of dark films such as Donnie Brasco, God Father and Sarkar. Al Pacino, Robert de Niro, Johnny Depp and Amitabh Bachchan are his favourite actors.

"The best thing about such films is that the characters tend to speak more with their eyes than with words. Though Duttabhai is a Maharastrian don, he has drawn inspiration from the great reel life dons. As an actor, you put in 40 per cent originally to your character. The rest is derived by following mannerism of other great characters of the past," said Raheja.

Despite its underworld background, Laagi Tujhse Lagan has found favour with the viewers.

Raheja sighs, "I'm pleasantly surprised to see that the people have taken to this show. It's always the woman who pays the protagonist in a TV show. I didn't want to do typical saas-bahu sagas. It feels really nice that your work is appreciated."

Keep going Duttabhau!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

~DaZZ|ing~ thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
An older article.  I wonder if his views have changed since then. ðŸ˜³