Prem Mein Tohre | Begum Jaan | Asha Bhosle | Anu Malik | Vidya Balan

iambest thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
We need more of Anu Malik he can bring back the classic music to the forefront once again ..

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_EvOW0mr90[/YOUTUBE]  

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pallavi25 thumbnail

Nice semi classical song, but Asha Bhonsle's voice sounds too guttural nowadays. 

Anu Malik's music in DLKH was superb, he shd have gotten awards for Moh Moh ke dhaagey and Tu meri hai prem ki bhasha, the 90s throwback song. 
Ranbirrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: pallavi25

Nice semi classical song, but Asha Bhonsle's voice sounds too guttural nowadays. 

Anu Malik's music in DLKH was superb, he shd have gotten awards for Moh Moh ke dhaagey and Tu meri hai prem ki bhasha, the 90s throwback song. 

Why is it not sounding like Asha Bhosle's voice? Too much of software interference?

Song is very good, visuals are also nice.

Pallo -Did you see the Bengali version of this movie?
pallavi25 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ranbirrocks

Why is it not sounding like Asha Bhosle's voice? Too much of software interference?

Song is very good, visuals are also nice.

Pallo -Did you see the Bengali version of this movie?

Yes, I watched Rajkahini at the 2016 Bengali Conference of North America at NYC

They had a Bengali film festival at the conference, and all the stars were present at the screening,
after the movie Rituparna, Abir Chatterjee and Jishu Sengupta were all there and ppl were asking them questions, they were answering, I took many pics and vdos of the stars, I think the director Srijit was also there. 

The movie was very shocking and brutal in parts. Partition atrocities combined with brothel life ...very hard hitting film. I was left shell shocked after the screening
But then seeing my fav Bong actors Ritu and Abir from very close quarters thrilled me. 
Abir was sitting behind me in the screening room. ðŸ˜†
Ranbirrocks thumbnail
That's great experience Pallo !!
I wish I knew some other language than Hindi. Bengali and Marathi has some great cinema.

I am sure they will tone the shock down for Hindi audience. BW audience are treated with kids gloves.

But if you have seen the original, you may not like this version.

pallavi25 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ranbirrocks

That's great experience Pallo !!

I wish I knew some other language than Hindi. Bengali and Marathi has some great cinema.

I am sure they will tone the shock down for Hindi audience. BW audience are treated with kids gloves.

But if you have seen the original, you may not like this version.

Its good that they will tone it down for Hindi version
I felt sick at some of the scenes in the Bengali original 
The first scene itself is so horrifying...they show a gang of rioters during partition raping a woman. 
Next scene too...a young girl who has been rescued after being gang raped for days by rioters, she is in complete shock...that scene was too disturbing...I cant describe it further.

You can watch it with English subtitles if u find it online. 

We watch a lot of Bengali movies on youtube but I cant find Rajkahini there, I think because it has many adult scenes so youtube didnt allow it.

I will watch this movie anyway because of Vidya, I dont miss her films ever since Kahani
I watched Kahani 2 also and liked it, Vidya was awesome in it. 
Ranbirrocks thumbnail
That's gruesome description Pallo. The impact is more on big screen .
Vidya is wonderful actress. I hope she stays around and gets more work.