Twinkle Khanna reacts on TVF row: Sexy is acceptable at work only if

ZestyZeniaZetas thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Twinkle Khanna reacts on TVF row: Sexy is acceptable at work only if she is a stripper and you a pimp

In her latest blog, Twinkle Khanna has spoken about the time when she, despite being the wife of Akshay Kumar, also faced harassment at her workplace.

By: Express Web Desk | New Delhi | Updated: March 19, 2017 7:57 pm
twinkle khanna, twinkle khanna tvf, twinkle khanna tvf molestation, twinkle khanna anurabh kumar, twinkle khanna blog, twinkle khanna mrs funnybones, twinkle khanna tvf row, twinkle khanna tvf controversy, twinkle khanna workplace harrasment, twinkle khanna on TVF molestation row, twinkle khanna on arunabh kumar, the viral fever, tvf row, tvf controversy, anurabh kumar news, tvf news, twinkle khanna molestation, twinkle khanna akshay kumar, twinkle khanna news, twinkle khanna statement, twinkle khanna bold statements, bollywood news, entertainment updates, indian express, indian express news, indian express entertainmentTwinkle Khanna has an epic take on the TVF row surrounding its Founder-CEO Anurabh Kumar, and even an advice for the molesters.

Twinkle Khanna aka Mrs Funnybones doesn't believe in mincing words. She prefers to call a spade, a spade. While we love her take on anything and everything under the sky, her recent reaction on the infamous TVF molestation row, was absolutely spot on too.

Referring to molesters at the workplace as loathsome frogs' and the victims as the little file-toting flies,' Twinkle Khanna spoke about how it is not cool to judge somebody by their gender and simply ignoring all the efforts she has put in and struggles she has faced, to get wherever she is.

In a column of Times of India, Twinkle Khanna took a dig at all those who have been accused of molestation at the workplace, including the recent case of Arunabh Kumar of The Viral Fever (TVF). Just like many of us, even she has a problem with why a man calling someone sexy' at the workplace is all okay and should be taken as a compliment. Arunabh has been quoted by a leading daily saying, "I am a heterosexual single man and when I find a woman sexy, I tell her she is sexy. I compliment women, is that wrong?" to which Twinkle very aptly replied, "Sexy' is an acceptable compliment within a work environment only if she is a stripper and you are her pimp trying to boost her confidence before she takes the stage."

Founder of The Viral Fever, Anurabh Kumar was recently accused of molestation by a former employee.

She also revealed in the post that even she has faced sexual harassment at work despite being a celebrity and wife to the action hero Akshay Kumar. She wrote, "A few years ago, a message on my phone reduced me to tears in the car. I had reached the breaking point after months of suggestive messages from a wealthy, powerful client that I had been pretending not to understand because all I wanted to do was to complete the project in a professional manner. And so I ended up as a statistic " the 38% of women who faced sexual harassment at work, according to a survey done by the Indian National Bar association. I am a fairly assertive woman, and married to a man who onscreen punches holes in walls with his bare fists and yet I haven't been spared, so I shudder to think about what happens to the vast majority of working women."

akshay kumar, twinkle khanna, mrs funnybones, akshay kumar wife, akshay kumar twinkle, akshay kumar twinkle khanna pic, akshay kumar movies, akshay kumar news, akshay kumar upcoming movies, entertainment newsTwinkle Khanna with husband and actor Akshay Kumar.

Twinkle not only took a dig at Arunabh's statement, she also went on to name the other famous' people who have been in news for harassing their female contemporaries. Tagging them as members of the Frogs Forever Franchise,' she advised them to take their chances at bars, clubs, friends' homes, Tinder, and at some wedding of their relatives, but keep their eyes and hands off the woman they see walking down the office corridor.

She quotes, if they cannot stop feeling a certain way for these women in their offices, "respectfully ask her out for a drink, and if she refuses your polite offer then go and drown your sorrows in that very drink and leave her alone. Do not stalk her, touch her, send her lewd messages and emails. And as far as compliments go, try telling her about her great presentation skills, her way with numbers, her astute negotiations. Telling a woman she is sexy in the bedroom is fine, telling her the same thing in the boardroom is simply deplorable. So think before you croak or it may just be your turn to be doused in formaldehyde and dissected next." Well, that's an amazing piece of advice and we really hope that not only these men but men around the world follow this simple code of conduct.

As far as the TVF case is concerned, its team has issued an official statement, admitting that its initial response to allegations of sexual harassment against its Founder-CEO Arunabh Kumar was emotional and that they would look into each and every accusation that has surfaced so far.

Edited by MiniRulz - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jiyagulabi_26 thumbnail
the 38% of women who faced sexual harassment at work, according to a survey done by the Indian National Bar association. I am a fairly assertive woman, and married to a man who onscreen punches holes in walls with his bare fists and yet I haven't been spared, so I shudder to think about what happens to the vast majority of working women."
She's right.
I really love her vision.
seriously...badi badi baatein aur vada paav khaate 
monu_tan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Twinkle is spot on yet again. Frogs Forever Franchise,  great.
Good job by her in reminding that women at work are not ur personal slaves and if u really want to flirt then there are places for that.
Edited by monu_tan - 7 years ago
--Pro.vo.King-- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Nicely put .. also , quite useful info .. 

I have never used "sexy" or "hot" to compliment my female colleagues  , but have used "gorgeous" , "pretty" , "beautiful" ..they never seem to be offended , quite the opposite actually - they were visibly flattered ..i do make an effort to be polite & respectful while complimenting them .. i hope thats fine ..🤔 .. though , it would help if twinkle or any female member here can confirm if its ok or not for me .. ðŸ˜³ 

Originally posted by: .t3tl3y.

huh
Who are you trying to impress here?
people have seen how you name call and pick unnecessary fights with female members here 
And I am sure many of them are laughing at this holier than thou attitude of yours,LOL

I am not gonna trash your post this time hot-tea .. ðŸ˜†

I asked for this .. all opinions , even your's are welcome .. and if i was trying to impress someone , it certainly ain't you .. ðŸ˜†

P.S. I dont pick fights with females/males/transgenders here .. but i dont mind the occasional troll roasting either .. 
Edited by _Lord.of.Light_ - 7 years ago
chahat4u thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Agree with Twinkle. I don't think there is any office, stream, workplace where women are not stared at by some or other male. And staring is just  the basic, minimal unwanted attention. 

Originally posted by: .t3tl3y.

Blah blah and some more blah

Image result for dean winchester gif
Atomicbomb thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
There are photo shoots and scenes in the media where models/actors are asked to be sexy. Work

Does that mean they are prostitutes who charge for sex and have pimps. 

Edited by Atomicbomb - 7 years ago
TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Atomicbomb

There are photo shoots and scenes in the media where models/actors are asked to be sexy. Work

Does that mean they are prostitutes who charge for sex and have pimps. 

I was thinking the same... Sexy is acceptable compliment at work only if she is stripper and you're pimp? Really? What if you are a model or even an actress doing a sexy role?

The title is a little off

But other than that she is right... Thanks Twinkle for speaking up on this issue