shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago
After Marega ya Marega another moot question of POW was will an Indian soldier change after so much of torture. After seeing the show what I can tell is that yes something will change in them, but at the heart an indian solider is always an indian soldier. His motto is service before self. At every point they will prove it. 
Sartaj yes he became a human in the cell. But still if you look they take the torture so much. 17 years for goodness sake. Still he lives. Still he is able to talk about aloo paratha. None of the physical torture breaks the 3 men. They suffer through it. 

That's when emotional torture happens. Marega ya Marega. Finally this manages to get the trick done. The soldiers are somewhere broken. With Marega ya Marega Lala tries to manipulate Iman and Sartaj. What saves them is their families. The strong family foundation of India overrides emotional manipulation. They come clean in front of Vikram and apologizes to Shobha. 

Sid goes through a worse emotional torture and manipulation. He changes for an innocent. But if in his death he wins it is again the values of India he had believed in. The values that accepts Afreen and hussain. That doesnt tag Afreen as terrorist's wife or hussain as terrorist's son. Because Afreen and Hussain are two people who are used by their father. If they receive the same treatment here, then Sid will lose his values will lose. If he is able to hand over emotional death to Lala it is because of Indian values, Indian relations, his sister, his mentor, his friends. 

Yes the Indian solider can change, but what an indian soldier has to bring him back on the right path is his family. What a Jaish soldier doesnt have is also family. That's the difference and in real sense it makes all the difference.

Look what remains of Lala. Nothing, his whole family is wiped off. Most of them physically and what remains is cut from him and his ideology. Look at Sartaj. Yes he is gone, but his child will ensure his presence in the family. Iman yes he lost Salim, but then he got the extended love of two families in the form of Sartaj family and Shobha family. 

Shobha yes she lost Sid, but look what she got. Vikram is back in her life. Sid's wife has come who is pregnant, the child will ensure Sid's presence, then a new little member in Hussain. All believe in Sid's ideology not Lala's. 
Who won. Lala or Shobha. Shobha who is the foundation of Sid, or Lala the creator of Sadiq. Both got what they created. Shobha nurtured Sid with love, her family got big, Lala created the destroyer, he was destroyed. 

The 3POWs came back. They created turbulence. Then two of them left this world physically leaving the symbol of their love, once again everything looked normal, beautiful. Something got added, something got deleted before everything could be normal again. 
Edited by shruthiravi - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Glittersnow thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
My father was in army. ...he was a major in 7 bihar regiment...my father used to tell der r officers who stand tall and strong apart dedicated. .same way officers who break all decorums of army too r present. ..
But in btw dem too der r people present 
Vulnerable yet duty bound. ..
I would say a soldier can't change ...because dey r people who live life to d fullest bedhadak bekhauf. ..
dey want life still have no fear of death. ..
3 pows shown here all are bound to their principles 
...some actions and fate changed everything 
.SoHu. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Shruthi , this is one beautiful post. I'm going to screenshot this and save it. Thankyou so much for writing this.❤️ Edited by .SoHu. - 7 years ago
shruthiravi thumbnail
Thanks Sohu
@athira soldiers are also humans, so yes something will change, but then at heart they will remain soldiers. What I am talking about is those duty bound ones. Not the one who breaks ranks or decorums. They are in different category. That kind you will find everywhere, in every space. 
InsaneDivine thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
"Once again everything looked normal, beautiful. Something got added, something got deleted before everything could be normal again.."

👏 👏 👏 👏 

I hate tragic ends but they showed real journey.. Just like Vikram said.. It was neither wrong nor right.. It was truth.. Absolute truth.. 
Swetha-Sai thumbnail
^ Brilliant post by you, Shruthi! 👏👏
MS-meghasharma thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Beautiful post shruti . How do you manage to pen down such wonderful posts everytime . Even during the torture they endured their bonding kept them strong & that is what irked the authorities there . They couldn't break them so decided to play that ugly game . Lala was defeated & he didn't win because his own kids saw his real face & didn't address him as Abbu anymore calling him Lala only . Sartaj & sid lost their lives but they will live through their kids & Afreen will get a better future for her child & Hussain here then he ever would have in pakistan . Show ended on a sad & hopeful note .
shruthiravi thumbnail
Thanks Megha. Actually I love good scripts. A good script start at one point and end at the same point answering the moot question which POW did. You can analyze well if the script is tight which the script of POW was.