Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DriftInfinitely thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
^^Yeah, that is why nearly every other film these days has a remix by either Meet Brothers or Badshah. Music directors play safe and keep getting Arijit to sing nearly all songs.
pallavi25 thumbnail
Mohit Chauhan was AR Rehman's favorite go-to singer, Arijit is Pritam's favorite go-to singer.
Since ARR has lost his mojo in BW music, Mohit also doesnt get chance to sing anymore and his deep voice doesnt suit all heros. 
Pritam is the most successful and popular MD now so his choice is everyone's choice.

Arijit has a flexible voice which suits most heros plus most of his songs are big hits so obviously most music directors will prefer him over others.

Isnt it the same with films too, whoever gives the most hits people run after him/her. 

This is Arijit's time, a few years later he will be replaced by someone else... unless he has a long run like Kumar Sanu who came just after death of Kishore Kumar and had a long successful innings as playback singer until he retired voluntarily from playback singing.

^^Yes, everyone has a shelf-life in the entertainment industry.
Kumar Sanu was popular until the early noughties. He didn't retire, but he stopped getting offers and KK and Shaan became popular around that time. Sanu said that he still gets offers occasionally, but that he finds lyrics of today's songs too vulgar, so he's waiting for the right opportunity. 
Edited by DriftInfinitely - 7 years ago
pallavi25 thumbnail

Originally posted by: DriftInfinitely

^^Kumar Sanu was popular until the early noughties. He didn't retire, but he stopped getting offers and KK and Shaan became popular around that time. Sanu said that he still gets offers occasionally, but that he finds lyrics of today's songs too vulgar, so he's waiting for the right opportunity. 

OK, I had read somewhere that Sanu retired ...there were those years of Nadeem Shravan-Kumar Sanu-Alka Yagnik when almost every song was sung by Sanu
Right now its the same with Arijit and Pritam combo. 
Thats how it goes thru the ages...

Like Shankar Jaikishan and Mukesh combo was popular
Or RD Burman and Kishore Kumar combo
Naushad and Muhammad Rafi 

Every MD has his favorite male singer whom he repeats in every film's music
^^Yeah, Pritam also likes to bring back Atif from time to time.
And Vishal-Shekhar often sing their own songs!
ZestyZeniaZetas thumbnail
never realized these 2 have sung such nice songs specially mohit..kun faaya is such an amazing song👏I love love love it,..did he sing saada haq too?mohit has this 'nasha' in his voice that I love..his track from sultan 'sachi muchi' is cute..I like yeh dooriyan from LAK,masakali from delhi 6 and kuchh khaas from fashion..
neeraj shridhar is the 'kya soorat hain' guy-right?loved that video😆just googled his songs..prem ki naiyaa,character dheela and bhool bhulaiya-my favs😳

Originally posted by: MiniRulz

never realized these 2 have sung such nice songs specially mohit..kun faaya is such an amazing song👏I love love love it,..did he sing saada haq too?mohit has this 'nasha' in his voice that I love..his track from sultan 'sachi muchi' is cute..I like yeh dooriyan from LAK,masakali from delhi 6 and kuchh khaas from fashion..

neeraj shridhar is the 'kya soorat hain' guy-right?loved that video😆just googled his songs..prem ki naiyaa,character dheela and bhool bhulaiya-my favs😳

Yeah, Mohit sang Sadda Haq and Neeraj is the Bombay Vikings lead singer who sang Kya Soorat Hai. 😃
bokul thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
I think Shaan sang for the shortest time here

Originally posted by: -DZ-

I think Shaan sang for the shortest time here

He still gets songs

He got a song in PRDP. It was one of the albums best and quite popular too

I did wish he got more songs tho
Shaan actually started singing in films in the late 90s and still sings on and off. In that sense, he has had a long career, though of course he gets very few songs now. 
He's got such a lovely voice! His Indipop albums were among the best. Edited by DriftInfinitely - 7 years ago