Fire - A ShraMan Drabble

orion23 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 7 years ago

Salut Mes Amis!!

Drabbles aren't really my forte, cause I just can't keep it short. But, I'm learning...

This is absolutely not the usual fluff I write. It's angst all the way.

A little background would be helpful I believe..

This one is a spin off again. It's set back when Suman and Shravan were at loggerheads, the whole Nirmala fiasco and then Ramnath's gig at keeping Suman at bay had happened. And Suman told Shravan "Shaadi jaisa faisla mai kisi ko hurt ya please karne ke liye nahi leti.." And instead of giving it back, in this piece Shravan drove off. 

Suman realised she had pushed him too far and considers apologizing. But is Shravan in the mood for forgiveness? How much does he really know? Who is he? Read on to find out.

FIRE

Suman entered Malhotra Mansion under the pretense of meeting Preeti. She checked if the coast was clear and practically ran up to Shravan's room. The lights were off giving the room a deathly feel. 

"Sh..Shravan?" Began Suman, "Tum ho yahan?" 

Getting no response she walked into the room and turned the lights on. What she saw was not what she had expected. She knew Shravan, she knew he was emotional so she had expected the place to be thrashed and the absence of light earlier had made her sure that something was wrong. But she was wrong. The room was squeaky clean, not a thing out of place and definitely no Shravan in sight. She should have been happy that he didn't take it to heart and hurt himself but something stabbed her, why didn't he get affected? Why did something feel off? She was about to leave when she felt the door behind her close. She didn't need to turn to know who it was. 

"Why are you in my room Ms. Suman Tiwari?" Huffed Shravan.

Ms. Suman Tiwari? Why was her calling her by her full name? "Shravan woh I wanted to apologize.." She said her eyes downcast. 

"For?" Said Shravan non-nonchalant. 

"For what I said to you earlier, that you don't matter. You must hate me right now..."

"Aww no, no Suman, I don't hate you right now." He paused and Suman heaved a sigh of relief. "I've hated you since we met." He completed.

Suman turned around in shock, "Everybody makes mistakes Shravan.."

"Yes, but not everybody's mistakes ruin lives." He said raising his hands in dismay.

"So that justifies you ruining mine now?"

"When did I attempt to do that Ma'am?" He asked.

"Planning my wedding, you are doing it to ruin my life aren't you? To get back at me.."

"Oh bullshit! Get back at you? Nah you aren't so important that I'd actually waste my time planning a come back. And ruining your life is it? I'm not ruining it.. Your life just sucks." He said blankly. 

"Shravan please, don't do all this. You are falling each day."

"From where? To where? I honestly didn't know you made a hobby out of my life's doings.."

"It's not a hobby."

"Of course it's not, its a post apocalyptic skill isn't it?"

"Apocalypse?"

"Yeh! Damnation sweet heart! One you guys signed me up for without my knowledge.."

"You are going to regret being this person Shravan.." Suman tried reasoning.

"F**K it! I already do! What is it to you? And each time you take my name, I die a little inside, so maybe if you'd just stop with that it would be nice."

"The darkness within you is deep. It is unfathomable. But that doesn't mean you pretend its not there.. And that darkness sure as hell doesn't justify your doings to others."

"I didn't fall into the darkness, I was pushed into it. I didn't choose it, it chose me. There in the depths I rose like a phoenix. I became something you cannot imagine. I am dark. I am despair. I am death itself. I am." he whispered, his voice dangerously low.

"You scare me.." Suman shivered at the intensity and the blaze his eyes held.

"Good, afraid is what you should be." He shrugged.

"Shravan?"

"Do not call my name, I hate it."

"Why are you insulting me like this, I..."

"I'm not here to insult you, no. Don't flatter yourself. I'm simply trying to subtly make you feel terrible about your existence." 

"Shravan please.." She said nearly choking.

"Oh the tears! They don't affect me anymore. The little stunt you pulled off with my father, made me impervious to all of this.." he said pointing at her tear stricken face.

"What?"

"Oh! surprised? I'm not exactly dumb.. My father didn't like you, I knew, he agreed too easily I assumed it was his love for me. But then he went and gave you a blank cheque to buy my love and you, you your highness, returned the cheque cause it singed your ego. And so in your bid to be "Mahan" your broke my heart. My love wasn't even worth arguing for was it? Forget fighting for it.."

"You knew?"

"Oh please, don't pretend to be slow, do keep up.." He mocked.

"If you know all of this, you know why I agreed? Uncle said he wouldn't let Preeti and Pushkar's marriage happen and I couldn't hurt them like that. I had debts to pay. I just wanted to do the right thing.."

"I, I, I ... It's always about you isn't it? Your sister, Your debts, your wants.." Said Shravan frustrated.

"Shravan!"

"Ah! Do. not. say. my. name!" he stressed on every word. "All you needed to do was come to me and I would have made it all work"

"I assumed you wouldn't believe me.."

"And now YOUR assumptions. That's your problem, it's only "you". You are a self-centered narcissistic bi**h. That's what you are!"

"How dare you?"

"Oh did I hurt your inflated ego? See, always you. Point proved. I lost my dad, I lost you, I never had a mother, why would you ask me to redeem myself now? What remains? Oh wait, do you think now that I know and now that your royal head is out of your sorry ar*e and you're asking for forgiveness that I will do just that? You're expecting it to go back to being love is it?"

Suman looked on in disbelief. She had no words, what had she done to him she thought. 

"News flash, hell no! I won't take you back cause you gave me up at the hint of a problem, when a problem genuinely does arise tomorrow, you would flee leaving me to fend for myself. See my heart has been ripped out of my chest one too many times. Now as drop dead gorgeous as I may be, I'm certainly not a vampire so I could in all honesty die and I choose life. How ever miserable it may be, I choose to live, for myself for a change. So no, I won't forgive you and I certainly won't forget. I have the memory of an elephant, you do know that. I will make each of you pay. Dearly. Be it my mother, my father or you. I will put you guys in hell, pull you back out only to push you harder into the fire. You deserve it."

"What have you become? Why?"

"Why? Let me see, self-preservation. Look it up. What have I become? I won't answer that, I will show you, each day. These tears, weep as you wish now, for when I'm done with you, these would desert you too. Your sorry existence would repent the day you easily traded me. I will be your worst nightmare, I promise." He looked her straight in the eyes, hell fire evident in them. 

"Would you be at peace then?" Croaked Suman, "If yes then do as you please."

"I will do the f**k I please, I wasn't looking for permission anyway. And peace? What makes you think that is what I seek? Maybe I did, till yesterday. But I had forgotten it's the fire within me that kept me alive, peace is not what I wish for. It's pain that I want. And pain it is that I will give. Hell hath no fury..."

Suman knew all was lost, her friend, her love, he was dead and she killed him. She was responsible for what happened. She should have fought for him when she could. Now was too late.

"What are you waiting for? Do you wish to perish immediately? I do not wish for it to be fast Ms. Tiwari. I want it to be a slow simmer, so get out!"

And so she did. Lifelessly, aimlessly she left.

Shravan fell to the floor, he was a raging inferno but that didn't mean he'd ruin her to bits. She needed an education which he so effortlessly delivered. Regret is what she would live in, that's the only punishment he'd give her. That was enough. He could have accepted her but hell was all he knew. And hell was the only place he belonged, he couldn't let go of that. Familiarity was all he ever longed for, none but hell delivered. Suman would get married and be gone from his life. Maybe she would forget him too. He? He would be free to burn each day, that was the only way he knew how to survive. And that was all this was all about. Survival. Not living but simply being. A day would come he knew when his breathing would stop, but till then he would allow each breath to burn him slowly, this would be his preparation for the hell that awaited him after death. Death, oh how sweet it sounded. People generally died once in their lifetime, he choose a life that would be death each moment and the beast in him reveled in the fact that even death couldn't beat him. He was invincible. He was...

--------------------------------------------------------------

Suman couldn't quite manage to shake away his deep pained penetrating gaze. She drove around aimlessly for 3 hours before she decided to head back to Malhotra Mansion to stop the damnation Shravan wanted to start. 

He sat crouched against his bed, his eyes staring away into nothingness. He looked like he had cried. He looked like he was contemplating. 

"Shravan?" Croaked Suman. She gained no response, not even a budge. She kneeled beside him, placed her fore finger under his chin and nudged him to look up. His deep expressive orbs held absolutely nothing. There was a void, an emptiness. It scared her more than his previous outburst.

"Kyun Shravan?" Her voice a mere whisper. 

He let out a sigh, "Tum poochti ho kyun? Qaatil pooch raha hai ki qatal kyun hua?"

"Shravan please.." She begged holding his hand in her free hand. "Mat karo yeh sab.. Kyun khud ko itna dard de rahe ho?"

"Kyunki jab andhera roshni ki bheek maangne aaye, toh apna ghar jala dena hi sahi hai.." He looked at her hopelessly. 

Nothing more was spoken, no further explanations were demanded nor bestowed. Suman's earlier resolve was now rock solid. It was a difficult path ahead, but she wouldn't let go of him ever again. Not when he was about to burn his existence to hell. That wasn't acceptable. She didn't give him promises or assurances, but his heart knew her's had chosen him. It would be difficult to leave his baggages and tender forgiveness. His wrongdoers will pay, but not at the cost of his love. Never. Never again...

----------------------------------------------

So how was it?

Made any sense?

#AngstyMood

I always felt Shravan would go on an all out destruction path only to look back and realize it wasn't worth it. Don't get me wrong, by destruction I mean his own. He was the self-hurt kinds. There won't be a follow up on this one. It just so happened that I wanted Shravan to vent it out in the harshest way possible and who better than Suman to take it out on.

Do let me know what you guys think of this one.

Cheers!

Zoya

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sapphire3 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Res
-------
Unres
ZoπŸ€—
I was so angry with the track . CVS could have atleast shown her feeling guilty after she killed him a zillion times
But who cares when we have you .
Chun chun ke sabse hisab legi tu 😎

She's here to apologise ?
WELCOME TO HELL!!

I've hated you since we met."
Ouch! It hurts
"So that justifies you ruining mine now?"
After stabbing him then leaving him to bleed to death she has the audacity to question him ?
Unbelievable !!!
She thinks he's trying to get back at her ?
Well he be like

You are falling each day
Really Sumo ??

"I didn't fall into the darkness...I am death itself.

For Dialogues

" I won't answer that, I will show you, each day. ...I will be your worst nightmare, I promise.
That was harsh but she deserved it after all she had put him through .

Kyunki jab andhera roshni ki bheek maangne aaye, toh apna ghar jala dena hi sahi hai.."

Mai kya hi bolun . Mere ghise pite comments aur gifs se tu bhi bore ho gayi hogi .

All I can say tu apne naam ke according hai..Kisi bhi cheez me jaan daal sakti
You gave life to these fictional characters .
No one ...I repeat no one can do that .
I love you yar πŸ€— ...You know that ?

PS.- I just realised I made it a reaction post

Edited by sapphire3 - 7 years ago
Perpetuity thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Res
-------
Unres

Zoyi πŸ€—
Meri jaan this is one of the best angsty pieces I have read πŸ€—
Brilliant πŸ‘ Each word hold so much more meaning to it. Fabulous πŸ‘

She should have been happy that he didn't take it to heart and hurt himself but something stabbed her, why didn't he get affected? Why did something feel off? 

"I've hated you since we met."
She should get this by now πŸ˜•

"I didn't fall into the darkness, I was pushed into it. I didn't choose it, it chose me. There in the depths I rose like a phoenix. I became something you cannot imagine. I am dark. I am despair. I am death itself. I am."

God this is πŸ‘

Now as drop dead gorgeous as I may be, I'm certainly not a vampire 

Certainly no less😳😳😳

I'm simply trying to subtly make you feel terrible about your existence." 

She should be ashamed too πŸ˜΅

But I had forgotten it's the fire within me that kept me alive, peace is not what I wish for. It's pain that I want. And pain it is that I will give. Hell hath no fury..."

😭

"Kyunki jab andhera roshni ki bheek maangne aaye, toh apna ghar jala dena hi sahi hai.."

God! Where do u get this lines from? Which part of ur brain is it? Tell me tell me πŸ‘

"Tum poochti ho kyun? Qaatil pooch raha hai ki qatal kyun hua?"

Suman's earlier resolve was now rock solid

This is just fabulous Zoyi.

Loved it β€οΈ

And love u πŸ€—

P.S.- Forgot to add πŸ˜›

The bit u wrote about death reminded me of "Death Be Not Proud" πŸ˜³

Edited by Perpetuity - 7 years ago
Nik03 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Res 😳
Unres
Zoya πŸ€—
Sowii bro for unressing sooo late...It took me much longer than I expected. πŸ˜•

Coming to the upii...!!
Angsty one..now thats interesting... πŸ˜‰

I've hated you since we met....Is it really true Shravan???...Nah!!

I didn't fall into the darkness, I was pushed into it. I didn't choose it, it chose me...Lost and Inner Shravan 😭
The one who felt cheated...by everyone whom he loved unconditionally!!

I'm simply trying to subtly make you feel terrible about your existence...Ouch!!...It hurts!!

All you needed to do was come to me and I would have made it all work...Well in my pov, If Sumo really would have told Shravan the truth, Would Shravan have believed her??!!...No!!
As far as we know Shravan, his love, respect n trust on his father was much much more for him to believe her.
TRUST...is what they both lacked in their relationship , their love.
just my pov Zoya.Dont mind ha?..😊

This Shravan is way too hurt...N you slayed in writing his anger,his pain, his frustation...Coz no one cared for him ever...no one asked him what he wants..everyone took decisions on their own without even thinking of how they would affact him...no one fought for him...just gave up on him soo easily...!!

Kyunki jab andhera roshni ki bheek maangne aaye, toh apna ghar jala dena hi sahi hai....Dialogue πŸ‘
Woah man!!...This is Zoya!!
Its your forte man...no one can beat you in this...no one!!

It was a difficult path ahead, but she wouldn't let go of him ever again....Way to go girl...!!
Everyone deserves a second chance...you too!!

You rockk Zoya... πŸ‘
Awesome n blasting one it was...!!
The thing I loved the most is its ending...❀️
You didnt left it on a sad note...didnt left Shravan alone suffering...You ended it with a hope, a POSITIVITY!! Zoya special
😳
Loved it ❀️

Thanks for the pm n keep writing these awesome pieces bro... 😊
Loads n loads of Love n πŸ€— πŸ€—
Nikka sa Nik πŸ˜› Edited by Nik03 - 7 years ago
Arpi1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I, I, I ... It's always about you isn't it? This is what sumo was actually in the show... Though there are so many things I didn't like about sumo but one thing which I mostly didn't like that She never thinks from Shravan's pov, she only thinks from her pov.. For her it her way or high way... She only cared about her family not about Shravan.. Good that Shravan vented out everything.. We know Shravan won't hurt any one except himself..
Love sumo's determination to get her best friend Shravan back. ..
As always wonderful piece from you πŸ‘ and Thanks for pm...
--Amulya-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Yaar Zoyi, 

This IF's often doesn't do its job properly, its not taking my like for your writeup

I so wished I'd get to watch this in the show, your writings always make me both sad and happy at the same time. I just loved it.

Usage of such heavy hindi dialogues, andhera roshni waala line is too good but pain inducing one. 

Edited by --Amulya-- - 7 years ago
reshmanair356 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Oh the angsty Shravan..how he hates her taking his name.and yet he knows that  when she leaves, he would stop living. There would only be a survival till he stops breathing.

'I ve got ice in my viens, 
Blood In my eyes, 
Hate in my heart, 
Love in my mind '

Loved his lash back at her though. .would go a long way in clearing her off his system, no that would be impossible,  maybe fading her presence. 

'Drop dead gorgeous as he is' he says. .oh if he ever decides to demand a payback. .he will be one hunk of a revengeπŸ˜†

She drove aimlessly for 3 hours..woman you should have been ambitious enough to fight for him in the first placeπŸ˜•

She will revive him someday we know..we hope.

Those last lines Zoya. .apna ghar jala dena wala part..clapped when I read them. Lol..I have kept you on a pedestal so high..you would suffer a heart stroke if you as much as take a glance downπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Too good⭐️

evaviego thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Bonjour Zoya.πŸ€—

Comment allez-vous?πŸ˜‰

Surprise...!!! πŸ˜› Socha aaj kuch hatke karte hai. I don't wanna be the last one this time. πŸ˜†

I don't really like drabbles. I love longgg updates. πŸ˜³

The picture itself is very angsty. πŸ˜†

Ms. Suman Tiwari. My mouth fell open in the first dialogue itself.😲

"I've hated you since we met." uh oh.

"I didn't fall into the darkness, I was pushed into it. I didn't choose it, it chose me. There in the depths I rose like a phoenix. I became something you cannot imagine. I am dark. I am despair. I am death itself. I am."    Mind-blowingly beautiful...!!!    πŸ‘

I won't take you back cause you gave me up at the hint of a problem, when a problem genuinely does arise tomorrow, you would flee leaving me to fend for myself. I know the feeling.πŸ˜•

I will put you guys in hell, pull you back out only to push you harder into the fire. Man he is scary AF.😲

"he was a raging inferno but that didn't mean he'd ruin her to bits."  This is the reason we all love him so much. No matter how pathetic and disgusting he may sound. deep down he is just the most lovable person ever. πŸ˜³

She didn't give him promises or assurances, but his heart knew her's had chosen him. 

I am Glad she returned. 

Dialogues ke toh kya kehne. Felt goosebumps while reading.πŸ‘

They say when we are pushed to our limits and torn open we recover and grow stronger than we were before. May they be each other's strength and grow in love as no one ever has.

Too dramatic? I know.πŸ˜† Got a bit carried away. Sab Resh Chechi ki sangat ka asar hai.πŸ˜›

Edited by evaviego - 7 years ago
vimikrao thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Shravan's outburst is natural when everybody back stabbed him he might react like this how he reacted now...but hurting himself that only can be done by Shravan, but Suman understood she was reason behind all this. She was responsible for his current status...& she is only cure for his wound..

Nice Drabble Zoya.. & Thanks for PM

Vinu
Vishakha2092 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Zoya bro!!!... I have no words...Sacchi me...The piece blew my mind away...Hats off...