Savera84 thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: shrattila

I think you missed reading Chapter 55. You can read it here:

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4807996?pn=139

Eagerly awaiting your comments.

Yes, I did. ðŸ˜Š

Not intentional though!

Was busy in AD and when I accessed IF I found a new chapter and read it without realizing that you have posted another chapter just 16 hours earlier.  I will read it and post my comment later.

Cheers....

Edited by Savera84 - 4 years ago
jyothirockz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Sheetal gained so much of my respect... she made Arnav’s life easy, may be more difficult too, if 

jyothirockz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

But for Khushi, it sure is an opening... but it will be a long torturous path before Arnav would open up, even then, can Khushi wait for him or be with him with any other terms than a marriage? 

Savera84 thumbnail

Originally posted by: shrattila

I think you missed reading Chapter 55. You can read it here:

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4807996?pn=139

Eagerly awaiting your comments.

Read the chapter.  It was nice.  Khushi made a name for herself.  Good to know that Arnav cleared the air with Sheetal and told her that he loves Khushi.  Though Khushi is unaware of his feelings, she is not happy with the way Sheetal looped her hand around Arnav's hand.  I already read the next chapter and loved it.

Cheers.......

ManKiBaath thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Finally - a confession of the golden words.  Khushi is elated about this but for different reasons.  Poor Arnav - he thought that he unburdened himself with the confession but doesn't realize the implications of what's going to hit him.  I cannot wait to read how you're going to take this story forward.

Arnavkushi1 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Wonderful update. Pl continue soon.

Pal_TSI thumbnail

Any plans to update???

shrattila thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4

Hello Readers

Fairly short chapter but required to tie a lot of loose ends. We are nearing the end of the story. I'm guessing another five chapters if all goes according to plan, seven to eight, if not. Believe you me, this story did take a life of its own! If I ever shared the original outline, it has no resemblance, whatsoever, to the final version.

Thank you for all your comments. I will be starting my next story on Wattpad - and I'm slightly confused as to whether I should write an Arshi fanfic, a regular novel with my own characters or fanfic on another couple who've grown close to my heart, who I believe the channel butchered (Ronakshi). I had high hopes from the characters, but sigh, how can good storytelling ever compete with TRP's. I have story outlines for all three of these. 

It would really help if you could point me in a direction that would make you want to come back to read more of my work. 

Savera84, Thank you for directing me to the Fanfic section in IF. It does look tempting and I am inclined to post my next fanfic on this platform as well as on Wattpad. Also new readers, please let me know if posting To Love or Not To Love on this platform will make it easier for you to read this story. I feel the frustration readers have navigating the through the posts to see updates, especially as IF doesn't allow us to hyperlink chapters anymore. 

As always, eagerly waiting for your comments. Thank you for all your love. I'm truly humbled.

Rishi Gupta was the youngest of the three Gupta siblings. The unplanned child, born ten years after his sister Madhumati and seven years after his brother Shashi. When the child was born, the Gupta patriarch’s sweetmeat business in Lucknow took off and the family that was once struggling to make ends meet could now afford to live comfortably. The entire Gupta family moved to Lucknow from their native village. The Gupta patriarch was hailed a success in his village. Credit was given to Devi Maiyya and the luck that their youngest son had brought upon them. 

Even as a child, Rishi was adored. His cute little eyes, dusky complexion, and enticing smile made him an instant favorite. With his antics and loving nature, he brought joy and laughter to his entire family. His 10-year old sister Madhumati had raised him as her own, helping her mother with feeding and bathing the babe. When Rishi was 5, Shashi insisted on walking his younger brother to school. Holding Rishi’s hands, he taught his brother to maneuver the tricky mud roads that led them to their school, without getting his white school uniform dirty. The siblings doted on their younger brother, the parents felt blessed. 

Months turned to years, and the siblings were all grown up. Madhumati was married off to a distant relative - Nandkishore Agarwal - a car mechanic who was settled in New Delhi. Shashi had taken over their father’s business and married Garima. The couple was expecting their first child.  

The family, however, worried about Rishi. Although the most educated in their family, he didn’t seem to have a goal as far as his life was concerned. He had outrightly rejected working for their father’s business and had tried numerous jobs but not lasted in any of them for more than six months. The siblings were concerned. The parents concluded that Rishi had never had the opportunity to shoulder any responsibility. The solution was marriage. And a bride search began in earnest. All relatives, near and far within their community were sent photographs of Rishi along with copies of his horoscope. 

Rishi Gupta was in love with Hema Sharma, daughter of a local Union worker whom he had met in University. Right at the start of their relationship, both Rishi and Hema knew the challenges that lay ahead of them. Hema was from a different caste and Hema’s father enjoyed a lot of political clout. Despite that, the couple continued to meet secretly. When Hema got pregnant, they were left with no option but to elope and get married. 

The Guptas welcomed their new daughter in law with all the love in their heart. Hema’s father was not happy. By marrying someone of her choice, from a different caste, it seemed to him that his daughter had effectively tarnished his reputation in the political circles. Armed with an army of hooligans, Keshav Sharma threatened to kill his daughter and his new son-in-law. Fearing for their lives and that of their unborn child, Rishi and Hema Gupta relocated to New Delhi to live with Madhumati and Nandkishore Agarwal. 

Khushi’s birth was a moment of great joy for the family. Madhumati and Nandkishore, who didn’t have any children of their own, felt blessed that this child had taken birth in their house. The girl was doted upon and showered with love. Hema and Rishi couldn’t ask for more. As Khushi grew older, thoughts about her future plagued the couple. With Rishi constantly in and out of jobs, the couple barely had any savings. And because they married against the wishes of their family, Hema didn’t bring any dowry. How could they support their daughter’s future, without having the money that it required? It pinched them to no extent when Khushi was clothed in hand-me-downs. Madhumati and Nandkishore were generous, but lately, his brother-in-law’s business wasn’t doing too well. Rishi felt like a parasite for not being able to monetarily contribute towards the running of the household. Things were going from bad to worse. Rishi was anxious and Hema prayed fervently for a solution.

A job offer from a construction company in Dubai presented itself as a solution. The couple figured that if Rishi worked there for five years, they could save up enough for Rishi to come back and start his own business. Moreover, it would also give Madhumati and Nandkishore a respite from single-handedly running the household. And so it was decided. 

Taking the blessings of his older sister and brother in law, Rishi left. The flight to Dubai was from Mumbai. Hema had always wanted to visit Mumbai. And so she decided to travel to Mumbai with Rishi to see him off. The couple, along with their daughter, traveled to Mumbai by train, three days before Rishi was due to leave. They stayed with a distant relative and visited all the tourist spots of the city, relishing its culture, enjoying its glamour. Hema was a huge fan of Bollywood Star Amitabh Bachchan so Rishi, Hema, and Khushi took a bus to Juhu Chowpatty to see the actor’s house and visit the beach. 

Flip flops in their hand, hair sticky from the salty air that brushed against it, Rishi, Hema, and Khushi Gupta enjoyed their time near the sea. Khushi ran around in the sand, built castles, splashed salty water around, her activities punctuated time and again by street delicacies that Rishi bought from cart vendors for the family to share. Khushi’s excitement doubled as Rishi bought her a paper windmill that looked like a rainbow when it spun around in the breeze. The family was having a great time, but as dusk settled and the street lights came on, so did gloom on Hema’s face. Rishi was leaving the next day and Hema didn’t know when she would get to see him next. She willed the moment to stretch as far as it could and so they continued to walk around the beach, holding hands, taking turns carrying Khushi till the food vendors started packing up.

They could delay the inevitable no more. Carrying a sleeping Khushi to the road, while fondly caressing her head, Rishi had hailed a cab. Hema got into the back seat of the taxi. Placing Khushi’s sleeping head on her lap, and adjusting Khushi’s feet so she’s comfortable, Rishi proceeded to sit in the front, right next to the driver. They had a long way to go and a longer night ahead of them to pack and whisper their goodbyes. With bright prospects of the future and thoughts of separation at the forefront of their mind, the family made began their journey towards their temporary home in Mumbai. 

They had merely reached the intersection on the Juhu -Chowpatty Road, when a speeding truck driver, broke the red light and crashed into their taxi. 

20 minutes later, when the paramedics arrived, the driver, Hema, and Rishi were declared dead. The only survivor was eight-year-old Khushi Kumari Gupta, who was laying down in the back seat.

tina_1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Uh-oh how reckless driving can kill a family in a moment 

Super sad to read this

shrattila thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: tina_1234

Uh-oh how reckless driving can kill a family in a moment 

Super sad to read this

That night three children became orphans - Arnav, Anjali and Khushi.. Im not sure if that’s evident.