Dont Ask Why [RumYa OS]

dhun.laagi thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Hellooo!! I've been watching IB for a while and started watching DBO!! Not so new to the whole forum thing but had disappeared for a long time (Aug '16 to Feb '17 to be precise) 😆

As I live in the US and taking insane Final Year classes, haven't been able to see a lot of RumYa scenes, but whatever little I saw made me really like this pair 👍🏼

They are doing an awesome job on the series 👏

I've written a One Shot. I'm a huge fan of angst and realism so have made it as close to what is possibly gonna happen next for RumYa. Hope you like it. Do not forget to like, comment and let your opinions show, I am also open to constructive feedback!! 😆

Story Title Credits: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFMUt-SEPhY 

Fits the current story so well, even I'm genuinely supa dupa surprised 😛

-Tannu  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Protein Shake, listen to me-"

She doesn't get half way through his name before he turns on her, his eyes wide and a little wild.

"You're in love with me?"

He sounds angry, and she can already feel herself shaking her head, because that's not how this is supposed to go. Right? Love isn't supposed to be like this. This hard and painful and complicated. She's not supposed to fall in love with her frenemy. But here she is, and there he is, and he looks like he's fighting tears, even as his hands ball up into fists. Like she can fight the obvious, the inevitable. But she's tried that, she's been trying that, and she knows there's no point. She too fell in love -she doesn't even know when- but she's tired of pretending she didn't.

"Rudra..." Her voice is quiet. She hopes it's reassuring or soothing or something, and she takes a step toward him, like he's a little kitten that might spook if she pushes his limits.

He's quick to take a step back, his hand out as if to stop her, to warn her off. "You can't be in love with me! I don't have place in my life for this-whatever this is-"

Saumya frowns then. "With all due respect, I think I get to decide how I feel."

"No. Not if you're just throwing your feelings around like this." He tosses his hands up. "You don't fall in love with me. That's how this story goes."

"You're acting like you wrote the story, like you know how it all ends, but you're wrong." She stares at him a moment, and she knows she's scared, but suddenly she's not, not anymore. "Look, I love you. I'm in love with you."

"Sumo, stop!"

But she doesn't want to stop. She's been holding onto these words for too long now, and they need to be said.

"I can't even remember a time that I wasn't in love with you," she admits. "And I don't know if it started the first time I saw you and I realised that your brothers are your life (just like mine meant a lot to me) or when you told me friendship has no levels for you. You do so much for others selflessly, to the extent of trying to get Bade Bhaiya and Annika Di together, cheer up Bade Baal wale bhaiya, patch up me and Reyaan when things were most unlikely, or despite knowing I am Love Angel, you have never once stopped letting me help you out. You also never forced the drunk wedding on me and were considerate when my mother tried fixing me up with Reyaan. 

I understand you enjoy getting treated like a kid by your brothers and you want to keep it that way because that is your safe zone. But I also know that I love fighting with you and I love talking to you and I love how alive I feel when I'm with you. And I love the way you smile in my face, and the way you protect your family, no matter the cost, and how strong you are, even if you'll never admit you're any of those things. And I don't care if you think the story is supposed to go some other way. This is our story. You and me."

She takes another step forward, staring into his eyes, and she takes it as a good sign that he doesn't step back.

She closes her eyes, sighs and continues. "You and me are the whole damn series, and I don't know how it ends. I don't know where it's going. But I don't want to miss out on anymore of it." She shakes her head. "So no, I'm not gonna stand on the sidelines and pretend that I don't want to-"

She opens her eyes to step closer and convince him. But he's already gone. And she's imagined this moment, so many times, but it is so much worse than anything she could've thought of. A lone tear escapes her face and then she cannot help but collapse to the ground and bury her head in her hands. What can she even do now that he has blatantly refused to even pursue this notion? This is literally a nightmare that came to life. She's probably never going to forget this moment. It'll be seared into her memory for a lifetime.

Edited by Hey_Bhaggu - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nia-K thumbnail
Awww! This was so sad, but amazingly written!
dhun.laagi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nia-K

Awww! This was so sad, but amazingly written!

Thank Youuu!! (:
KaBhiKiBasanti thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
This was  ❤️
Sooo beautifully written!!
Loved it totally!!,
Just a mistake of u don't mind, selflessly would have been a better word instead of unselfishly
Sorry hope u don't mind
But this was awesome!
Thank you so much for writing this
I loved it!
Write more asap!!!
dhun.laagi thumbnail

Thank Youuu!! I'll try (:
dhun.laagi thumbnail

Originally posted by: riddhi1206

This was  ❤️

Sooo beautifully written!!
Loved it totally!!,
Just a mistake of u don't mind, selflessly would have been a better word instead of unselfishly
Sorry hope u don't mind
But this was awesome!
Thank you so much for writing this
I loved it!
Write more asap!!!

Thank You for such a long and thoughtful feedback!! 👍🏼
Yes, selflessly sounds better, I'll make that change 😆
LiveLoveLaugh96 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Why did it have to end like thiss :((( 😆
Eee
Im so happy u wrote for RuMya
Pls pls write more 

Loved it sooo soo much 
Beautiful beautiful ❤️
nikki.171 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Oh my. Getting to read to many beautiful RumYa stories at this ungodly hour.
Res.
dhun.laagi thumbnail

Originally posted by: LiveLoveLaugh96

Why did it have to end like thiss :((( 😆

Eee
Im so happy u wrote for RuMya
Pls pls write more 

Loved it sooo soo much 
Beautiful beautiful ❤️

Thank Youuu!! 😆
Mahi, you of all people should not be shocked.
Thats how usually my stories go (you've read them) 🥱 
Happy Endings look great in tales, does not always happen immediately in real life.
And I love having incomplete endings to make the reader figure out for themselves what might happen next. Open to your interpretation 👍🏼
Neha_Maurya thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
what an OS dear...
it was sad but so beautiful...
really loved how u expressed saumya's feelings...
saumya is broken :(
very beautifully and well written...
loved it..
and thnx fr sharing it dear...
do write more...