Zee needs to change their gameplan

luxmi_1029 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Did you all know that the show that replaced YVR has had a trp of 0.9 for the last few weeks?  It is still doing better than YVR did post the 15 year leap, but it's doing the same as when our KarVi was on.  Zee should've promoted YVR/karvi better despite its trps being less than some of their tops trp raking shows.  If they had they would've done better.  Sanyukt too, the trp is dropping.  I am crossing my fingers it doesn't get cancelled.  All the channel has to do is better promote it. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kiara26 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Yvr trps dropped once that 'bura saaya' track began.. but still d trps hovered around 0.8-0.9... All they had to do was shift d focus back on karshi... I always thought we'll HV more of karshi hereafter.. like how khushi would've handled her child-like dad with all her love n innocence.. but Na... They wanted to bring so called 'popular faces' on board..
sreeya852 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: kiara26

Yvr trps dropped once that 'bura saaya' track began.. but still d trps hovered around 0.8-0.9... All they had to do was shift d focus back on karshi... I always thought we'll HV more of karshi hereafter.. like how khushi would've handled her child-like dad with all her love n innocence.. but Na... They wanted to bring so called 'popular faces' on board..

After Survi died, i really wish they had kept Ankush and Harbanda to play KarShi.  I would've liked to have seen how KarShi made their way back to the chawl and who helped Kushi and Kartik as they settled in and tried to make ends meet.  I always thought one of Kartik's former employees would've helped them.  It would've been really nice to have seen how Kartik got his job at that coffee shop and how KarShi worked through being on their own.  They only really just met in person not even a year before Survi's death.  They should've withheld the leap and given us young Karshi instead.  With the right kind of marketing I am sure it would've worked.  I am sure I am not the only sucker for good father-daughter relationships onscreen.  There are many of us who would've preferred that.  At the end of the day YVR will always be Kartik's story, once they started moving away from it YVR went downhill.  ðŸ˜­

The chemistry between Ankush and Harbandana as father and daughter was so nice to watch, and even after Kartik suffered from severe Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, the new angle to their relationship just became more intriguing.

As we discussed earlier in the forum, I am sure YVR was already nearing its end and so the channel and producers probably didn't want to invest too much and just put the same old stuff on, which didn't work with the regular audience, making the show suffer even more.
Vanellope thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Previously it was only the TRPs of YVR I used to take a look at & then I stopped doing that even when the show took the 15 year leap
But I got to learn from Khushi about Zee slipping further in the TRP charts with every passing week,so much so it has fallen behind Sony even.Now that's some serious matter 

I still can't wrap my head around this TRP thing & how the TRP toppers of today manage to grab those high TRPs.Still it's the norm and so Zee needs to up it's game 

I miss the old Zee a lot.It had a variety of programmes in it's bouquet right from quiz shows like BQC to cookery shows like Jhatpat Khana,comedy shows like Hum Paanch & Ghar Jamai,episodic shows like Rishtey & Gubbare,singing reality shows minus the drama of today's like TVS Saregama,music countdown shows like Colgate top 10 & then again there were mythological shows like Shree Krishna & horror shows like X Zone & Mano ya na mano.Also since they used to go a little light on their programming on weekends we had movies to fill up the programming space 
And then they had " Suniye zee ,sunaiye zee " wherein they shared viewers' feedback on their shows which was kinda nice 

Apart from that they had their soaps - mostly weeklies 

I like to watch serials & it's completely fine if they have switched to the daily format from the weeklies.And I know we now have our share of niche channels to cater to all kinds of programming so that we can switch to knowledge,kids & lifestyle channels whenever we get bored of dramas on Hindi GECs but I can't help but feel,it would be so much better both for the audience & the channel if they went back to the previous format wherein they served up a much wider & diversified programming rather than what they are doing today - i.e. 4-5 dramas that start airing from 7-11 & for the rest of the day all the audience gets to see is the repeat telecasts with nothing else to look forward to. 

Hope the channel is listening 
Edited by Vanellope - 7 years ago
Vanellope thumbnail
Oh and Luxmi,I have lost track of the number of episodes of Sanyukt I haven't seen for the past couple of weeks.
I miss Kiranji & the show's pace has slowed down significantly is what my mom has to say about the show as well.Also the way Rahul & Tanu keep crossing paths but are yet to be face to face is seriously off putting 
Sad to see Sanyukt taking a hit not only in it's storytelling but also in the TRP charts.Also Atul Tiwari,the man who created,developed & wrote the show quit 2 months ago.
It's one of the best shows I have ever seen & I really hope,they won't pull it off air 
Edited by Vanellope - 7 years ago
luxmi_1029 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vanellope

Oh and Luxmi,I have lost track of the number of episodes of Sanyukt I haven't seen for the past couple of weeks.

I miss Kiranji & the show's pace has slowed down significantly is what my mom has to say about the show as well.Also the way Rahul & Tanu keep crossing paths but are yet to be face to face is seriously off putting 
Sad to see Sanyukt taking a hit not only in it's storytelling but also in the TRP charts.Also Atul Tiwari,the man who created,developed & wrote the show quit 2 months ago.
It's one of the best shows I have ever seen & I really hope,they won't pull it off air 

I haven't watched Sanyukt in some time either.  It started changing and I felt the original family oriented show we fell in love with started changing.  I didn't know the creator of the show quit, but I guess I couldn't handle seeing something he worked so hard on turn into something he couldn't recognize due to the channel's pressure.

I don't even like Zee Rishtey awards anymore.  It is just a promotional tool and not as genuine as I had hoped.  With actors who worked an entire year with the channel not even getting a nomination because the show is no longer on air is just not right. 

Yeh Vaada Raha (the original), Sanyukt and Zindagi Ki Mehek and other serials on Zee stood out because they were family oriented, but Zee has ruined it many times by trying to lengthen the serials longer than what is needed and making it completely irritating rather entertaining.  With YVR, if they had not rushed so many Karvi milestones and toned down on Taii's plans and made it slightly more believable I am sure it would've lasted a good 2 years.  Alas, trps exist and we the viewers end up having to deal with the brunt of it. After I found out MP of YVR writes for Kuch Rang Pyar Ke Aise Bhi, and that the recent leap in the show seemed way to similar to Karvishi's story I stopped watching that too.  I don't regret it at all.  Other than Mehek I don't really follow any other Hindi serial. everything is so disappointing. All of it is show overrated.  I started rewatching of the old Zee serials again  and even started watch YVR from the beginning, but I have decided not to go past Karvishi's reunion and FF all of Taii's illogical planning ðŸ˜†

Zee needs to step up their game and reinvent their channel.  First step will be cancelling KKB and bringing in more family oriented shows, and promoting them well despite their trps. They need to gamble now, or else they are likely to lose out even more then they already have ðŸ˜³
Vanellope thumbnail

Originally posted by: luxmi_1029

I haven't watched Sanyukt in some time either.  It started changing and I felt the original family oriented show we fell in love with started changing.  I didn't know the creator of the show quit, but I guess I couldn't handle seeing something he worked so hard on turn into something he couldn't recognize due to the channel's pressure.

I don't even like Zee Rishtey awards anymore.  It is just a promotional tool and not as genuine as I had hoped.  With actors who worked an entire year with the channel not even getting a nomination because the show is no longer on air is just not right. 

Yeh Vaada Raha (the original), Sanyukt and Zindagi Ki Mehek and other serials on Zee stood out because they were family oriented, but Zee has ruined it many times by trying to lengthen the serials longer than what is needed and making it completely irritating rather entertaining.  With YVR, if they had not rushed so many Karvi milestones and toned down on Taii's plans and made it slightly more believable I am sure it would've lasted a good 2 years.  Alas, trps exist and we the viewers end up having to deal with the brunt of it. After I found out MP of YVR writes for Kuch Rang Pyar Ke Aise Bhi, and that the recent leap in the show seemed way to similar to Karvishi's story I stopped watching that too.  I don't regret it at all.  Other than Mehek I don't really follow any other Hindi serial. everything is so disappointing. All of it is show overrated.  I started rewatching of the old Zee serials again  and even started watch YVR from the beginning, but I have decided not to go past Karvishi's reunion and FF all of Taii's illogical planning ðŸ˜†

Zee needs to step up their game and reinvent their channel.  First step will be cancelling KKB and bringing in more family oriented shows, and promoting them well despite their trps. They need to gamble now, or else they are likely to lose out even more then they already have ðŸ˜³

Sanyukt is not the show it was anymore.Sadly that's the only Hindi show am watching right now  
Didn't watch Zee Rishtey either.Watched it for YVR last year & with YVR shutting down I couldn't get myself to watch it.It's pretty much like every other award show,disappointing to say the least 
TV is seriously lacking in good content - a feeling echoed by my brother too who wants to watch a good Hindi show but feels there isn't anything worth watching 
luxmi_1029 thumbnail
I have had this conversation with Thaniya.  We don't limit our tv watching to hindi shows.  I watch some old Indian shows.  They are much better.  I recently started watching K.Balachandran serials in Tamil.  They are actually so much more better than what we see today.
Vanellope thumbnail

Originally posted by: luxmi_1029

I have had this conversation with Thaniya.  We don't limit our tv watching to hindi shows.  I watch some old Indian shows.  They are much better.  I recently started watching K.Balachandran serials in Tamil.  They are actually so much more better than what we see today.

That's cool Luxmi.May I know which shows are they,the old ones that you are watching ?
I once in a while take a look at some of the old comedy shows.They were so funny 
Do the tamil shows come with subtitles ? Cause English,Hindi & my mother tongue Odia,those are the only languages I can understand & so my tv viewing gets limited to shows telecast in those 3 languages 
luxmi_1029 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vanellope

That's cool Luxmi.May I know which shows are they,the old ones that you are watching ?
I once in a while take a look at some of the old comedy shows.They were so funny 
Do the tamil shows come with subtitles ? Cause English,Hindi & my mother tongue Odia,those are the only languages I can understand & so my tv viewing gets limited to shows telecast in those 3 languages 

I am currently watching Baat Hamari Pakki Hai.  It had barun sobti in it as the male lead.  the character/barun reminds me of kartik/ankush.

In telugu I am watching lakshmi kalyanam and naa peru meenakshi.  In tamil I just watched one or two old short serials made by k.balachandran (i really like the one called "magal oru manaivi aagiral", it can be found on youtube and only has around 4 episodes) None of them have subs.

Other than Mehak on Zee now, that is all of the indian shows I am watching now.  
Edited by luxmi_1029 - 7 years ago