Pv OS / SS An answered prayer - Epilogue - page 23

B-onesie thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Congrats on your awesome results for 2016 Tessie Pooh👏⭐️

This story is dedicated to our OS queen.  Between keeping the forum active with Os's, Ss's, insightful comments and threads, she studies on the side and has a job.  And she does everything just as well as the beautiful stories that she presents to us.   Where she finds the time I wonder? 

Clearly she is skilled in the arts as well has being a clever little Tessie Pooh. 

Well done on you stellar results.  You deserve it for all the hard work and dedication you put in and I know you will reap the rewards sooner rather than later. 

All the best for the New Year and new challenges that awaits you this year.  I know it will be as successful as or even more so than last year. 

In the words of one of my favourite choruses.

"Your latter will be greater than your past, you will be blessed more than you could ask."⭐️

Edited by B-onesie - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

B-onesie thumbnail

An answered prayer.

Chapter 1- below

Chapter 2 - page 2

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4786545&TPN=2

Chapter 3 - page 5

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4786545&TPN=5

Chapter 4 - page 9

Chaper 5 - page 14

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4786545&TPN=1Chap

Chapter 7 page 20

https://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4786545&TPN=20

Epilogue - page 23

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4786545

She was sonervous and confused.  She had been soexcited about this new adventure and now that she was here, she felt totallyout of her depth.  There were so manypeople, none of which she knew.  She wascompletely lost and who would she ask to find her way?  She wanted this. She fought for this and nowit seemed as she should have stayed in India.

"Oh, pleaseLord, help me.  I need to find someonethat can help in this maze.  It's so bigand I am so lost.  Please put someone inmy path, someone nice.  Please, please,please." she beseeched her maker.

She stoodstill in the middle of the crowd closed her eyes and gave herself a wordlesspep talk.

"RightAarti, you have come here through hard work and determination.  You worked for this, you prayed for this andnow you want to quit.  Absolutely not.  You will ask the first person that is in yourway for directions.  Your English isexcellent and strong and confident."

She openedher eyes and walked straight the guy with his back to her leaning against therailing.   She tapped him on hisshoulder.

"Excuseme.  Please can you help me?"

He turnedaround, took off his sunglasses and looked at her with the most amazing eyesshe had ever seen but she was too frazzled to think on that too long.

"Please canyou help me?"

"sach mein main kar sakata hoon (of course I can)" he said in perfect Hindi.

"You'reindian?" it was a question.

"Yes."
"Your'e Indian!" that was an exited exclamation.

"Yes" hesaid again.

She lookedup to the heavens said,

"Thank youLord."

Withoutthinking she hugged him.

She suddenlyrealised that she was hugging a complete stranger.  He must think that she is a complete lunatic.

"Sosorry.  But you don't understand.  This is first time for me.  First time out of India, out of my village.   In fact it's my first time hugging astranger." she tried to make light of her madness.

"And you arean answered prayer.  I am so lost.  I don't know where my dorm is, where anythingis for that matter.  Please, please helpme."

He gave hera dazzling smile.

"Well sinceyou ask so nicely, how can I refuse my country-woman?  BTW, I'm Yash."

"I amAarti.  So very pleased to meet you."

"Here let mehelp you with your luggage."  He pickedup her bags and started walking.  Shefollowed.  

Soon theywere at her dorm. 

"Here weare, madam Aarti.  Are you ready tounpack or would you like to grab a bite to eat and be introduced to some of myfriends.  That way you know more than justme."

She bit herbottom lip, looking as if she was contemplating something.

"Don'tworry, I will bring you right back here."

She smiled.

"Ok then, Iam kinda hungry."

She walkedback with him, to his car.  She knew itwasn't safe and she so at his mercy right now. He could be a serial killer or worse. But she opted to trust him.  Andit was well founded.  The restaurant wasa short distance from the campus and there was a group of people waiting forhim.  They seemed be a real cosmopolitanbunch.

"Look whofound me.  In the whole of Yale, shefound another Indian.  Let me introduceyou to Aarti.  She is a freshman.  I believe from what she told me in the car,she is studying public relations."

"Hello,Aarti" they all said as they sat down. He introduced her to his friends and soon they got to chatting.  They ordered and started eating.

"Hey, youall started without me."

"Lookanother Indian" Yash said

"Yes,yes.  I too am Indian.  And who is the eastern beauty that's adorningthis established." the man asked looking straight at Aarti.  Also very attractive.

"This isAarti."

"Aarti,beautiful name for a gorgeous specimen such as yourself."

"Aarti, thisoutrageous flirt is my best friend Prashant."

"Namaste,Aarti" said Prashant.

"NamastePrashantji."

"No,no.  Here we are very informal.  So no ji, ok?"

"Yes,Prashantji ... I mean Prashant."

They were afun bunch but Aarti didn't really feel that she fit in.  So she was very quiet.  And she was tired.

They hadjust finished eating when Yash said.

"Let me takeAarti back.  She must be tired from thelong flight."

She smiledat him thankfully.

When shecame back, her roommate had arrived too. It was a very miserable looking girl named Jane.  Aarti did not look forward to sharing withher. 

"Thank youso much, Yash.  I am so happy I met youtoday."

"You have mynumber, so call me if you need me, anytime. Ok?"

"I will."But she was not intending to call him. She didn't want to be a nuisance and show just how much of a countrybumpkin she really was.  Because he wasobviously not.  He drove a fancy, car,had a fancy phone and spoke English with a flawless American accent indicatingthat he had been there for a while.   In India they would have been worlds apart instatus.

She unpackedher bags and slept for almost 2 days straight. The 3rd day orientation started.  She was up early, trying to remember whereshe was to go.  She came out of her dormand was shocked. Who would be there but Yash, with two cups of coffee?

"Yash."

"Your guide hasarrived."

"But don'tyou have somewhere to be.  I mean ..."

"I am in mylast year, so I don't have orientation."

"You don'tneed to do this."

"I know" hesaid "So can we go."

"I don'tdrink coffee" she said apologetically.

"Youdon't?  Well, that will change soon.  I looove me some coffee."

"You are soAmerican, how long have you been here?"

"Too long,Ma would say.  Prashant and I came herewhen we started high school.  His familyrelocated and I decided to come to school here too.  And when I we came to Yale, I moved into myown apartment close to the campus. Prashant still lives at home with his family, but they will be movingback to India shortly.  I am doing my MBAand Prashant has opted to go and work for his dad after his honours degree inBusiness Economics.  So finally to mabaujis delight, I will be home next year."

"I see"

"And you?"

"I am hereon a scholarship.  I come from a smallvillage outside of Bhopal.  I was the topstudent throughout my school career and then I applied for this scholarship andI got it.  Ma and Babuji didn't want meto come but after much begging and convincing, my teachers and principlemanaged to change their minds.  I almostregretted coming here.  That was until Imet you.  My saviour and tour guide." Shegiggled.

He smiledback.

He spent thewhole day in orientation with her.

"You are sobored right now." she laughed at the end of the day.

He stifledanother yawn.

"No, not atall." he shook his head.  She laughedagain.

"Mmm, howcan I describe that sound?"

"What sound?"

"That soundof madam Aarti's laughter."

"What?"

"It'stitillating or is the word scintillating. It's happy joyous sound."

"Do youalways speak such nonsense to women?"

"Yes, andthey fall for it hook line and sinker. Are you falling for it Aarti."

"No."

"Darnit.  Now you have broken my heart and myconfidence is shattered."

"I;m sure"  she giggled.

"It is too.  BTW, where shall we go for dinner tonight?"

"Yash, I ..."She stopped.

"What?"

"I can'tafford to have dinner out.  And I can'thave you pay for me all the time."

"I see.  Can you cook?"

"Yes."

"Well,Shoba-ma, Prashant's mother had gone home for a few months.  And I really miss her home cooking."

"And whocooks for Prashant and his family now."

"The cook."

She laughedagain.

"Ok, as athank you.  I will make you a home cookedmeal.  What do you have in your house tocook with?"

"Nothing."

She laughed again.                                                                                                                       

"You are toofunny."

He looked ather with a mock angry look.

"If you aredone laughing at me then let's go shopping. I will take you to the place where Shoba-ma shops.  Authentic stuff I believe."

"Let's go."

They wentshopping and then then to his apartment.  It was in an affluent area.  Theapartment was very luxurious and huge.

"Who alllives here?"

"Just me.  Prashant often sleeps over."

"OnlyPrashant?"

"I don'tjust let anyone sleep over here."

"So yousleep over at their place."

He smiled ather and shrugged.

"Mmm" shesmiled.

"Got somemusic?"

"What dolike to listen to?"

"Variousthings, but now I want to listen to some local music.  I mean Hindi songs.  I miss home so much."

"Hindimusic.  I don't have any."

"Oh" shesaid disappointedly.

"Wait."

He went tofetch his laptop.

"So whatwould you like to listen to I ask again."

She gave hima few artists and son titles and he found her some music videos on YouTube.

She startedcooking and he sat and watched her.  Asight to behold.  She was movingrhythmically to the song as she was singing along while she was cooking.  Totally oblivious to him, except if she hadto ask him for something she needed. Finally she caught him staring at her sitting at the kitchen counterwith is head resting on his palm.

"Typical."

"Typicalwhat?"

"Doesn'tmatter how long you have been in USA, you are still a typical Indian male.  Sitting while the woman must do all the hardwork.

"Hard work?  To me it looks like you are having fun overthere."

"I guess youcaught me out.  I love to cook andcooking this traditional meal, the aromas reminds me of home." she looked sosad.

He walkedover to her.

"Don't lookso sad.  If it helps, then you can cookfor me each and every day.  Breakfastlunch and supper."

She lookedup and saw the twinkle in his eye.

"No I willnot be taken advantage of by a scoundrel like you.  And besides, soon the semester will start andI will be busy."

"Oh, andthen you won't need me anymore.  Verynice, Miss Khuranna." now he made a hurt face.

"Mmm" shescrunched her face up.  "I somehow havethe feeling I will always need you from now on. Now let me get done here.  Whydon't you call Prashant to eat with us?"

"Ok, he willenjoy this."

The three ofthem became inseparable.  BetweenPrashant and Yash they really took good care of her.  And the only thing she could do for them wascook. 

As shesurmised from the outset, her roommate was a horrible person.  She would play loud music or watch movieswith no headset just to irate Aarti.  Andshe had men over as well which Aarti could not handle.  So she often spent time at Yash's apartmentto get some peace and quiet to work on projects and study.  Sometimes when he was out with his friends oron his dates.   He was a really goodfriend to her.  And now there was alwaysfood in his apartment and a selection of Hindi movies and music.

One morningshe woke up in his spare room.  She hadcome to study and didn't remember how she got there.  She got up and followed the smell of thebrewing coffee, which he correctly predicted she now loved.

"Sorry, Ifell asleep."

"Mmm, Inoticed.  You didn't even wake up when Icarried you to the bedroom.  You know atthis rate you might as well move in here."

"What andantagonise your many love interests."

"Love, ooohthat is a strong word."

"Then whatare they."

"Dates."

"If we werehome, you would not have been allowed to "date" so much."

"I haven'treally been in the mood to "date" anyone for a while now."

"Yes, and Iwas born yesterday."

"Would I lieto you?"

"I don'tknow. Would you?"

"Never.  I am you saviour remember.  Your answered prayer."

"Yes youare.  But right now I have to go."

"I amserious Aarti.  Move in here.  You are here most of the time anyway.  I don't like the idea of you traipsing up anddown from here to your dorm on your own at night."

"I thoughtyou don't just let anyone stay over and now you are inviting me to stay." shesmiled.

"You are notjust anyone, are you?" but this time he was not joking.  He looked at her intently.

"What ifsomeone finds out?  I mean fromhome.  They wouldn't believe that we arejust friends."

He looked ather strangely and then he said

"If youchange your mind, the offer still stands. Let me shower and take you back."

For thefirst time Aarti felt tension between them. Something was happening. Something more than what she had bargained for.  But she couldn't afford it.  She had a scholarship and she had to befocused on that only.

She tried tostay away from him because she could not shake these feelings that she was developingfor him, but her roommate was unbearable. So she found herself back at his place to study for a test.  He had to work on a project, so they sat insilence working.  She cooked and therewere ample snacks and coffee.  Finally itwas past midnight when he got up and said. 

"I amdone.  My brain is fried.  I can't even think straight anymore."

"Metoo.  But I had so much coffee I doubtthat I would be able to sleep. I need to go back.  I didn't notice the time."

"No, stay.  I am not in the mood to drive you back."

"I must sayI am tired too but not sleepy.  Let'swatch a Hindi movie."

"Ugh, youand your Hindi movies."

"Come on. Benice.  Be my hero like in the Hindimovies."

"You want ahero, huh?" he gave his cute raised eye brow look.

He ran toother side of the room and started breaking out in song and dance like in themovies making her laugh. 

She startedto play along and sing too.  She lookedat him coyly and then made elaborate actions with her hands as she was singingand dancing.  Then they pretended to runthrough a field of flowers to each other and embraced each other.  They laughed so hard that the fell over onthe couch still in each other's embrace.

But thelaughter stopped as they became aware of how close they were to eachother.  As much as she wanted she couldnot move, she didn't want to move. And when his mouth came down on hers she aslost.

When she wasallowed to breathe again she asked.

"Yash, whatis happening?"

"I amkissing you?"

"Why?"

"Becauseit's been what I have been wanting to do for months now."

"Really?  But you went out on dates."

"Haven't younoticed that I haven't been on a date in a while?"

"Yes."

"And beforethat, I was just trying see if I could this crazy girl that calls me hersaviour out of my head.  ."

"You triedto get me out of your head?  Does thatmean ...?"

"It means I havefallen in love with you."

"I've hadthe same trouble.  That's why I tried tostay away.  But I can't stay away fromyou because I'm in love with the you too." he embraced her tightly.

"I thoughtyou might be.  I hoped."

"You realisethough that we are not home.  And if wewere, this could not work.  You are wayout of my league. You are from a rich family. Even this apartment is way bigger than our home."

"I realisethat Aarti.  Do you think because I amfrom a rich family there is no pressure on me. After graduation I have to go home and start working at thecompany.  My family is no lesstraditional than yours Aarti.  The have massiveexpectations from me."

"Andproposals? I am sure you have lots of those."

He grimaced.

"Aarti, willyou be patient with me.  I will only beable to talk to my parents about us after my graduation.  You are right when you say they will notapprove of our relationship.  And if Itell them now, they will call me home."

"Sweetheart,I am not going to put further pressure on you. I love you and we will take each day as it comes, ok?"

"Oh, baby, youdon't know what that means to me, what you mean to me." he said looking at her withso much love.

"Oh, I thinkI do." she smiled and gave him another passionate kiss.  

B-onesie2018-11-05 13:15:16

Tessaloni thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
😭 now you've gone and turn on the waterworks!!

I'm too awed to say anything other than THANKS! Know that it's very heartfelt too ❤️ and the sentiments are absolutely mutual!

love you my sweetest Honey-Bee! 🤗
Tessaloni thumbnail
Love the last bit and their discussion is very realistic about their circumstance but it's also foreshadowing for what's to come...
B-onesie thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tessaloni

😭 now you've gone and turn on the waterworks!!

I'm too awed to say anything other than THANKS! Know that it's very heartfelt too ❤️ and the sentiments are absolutely mutual!

love you my sweetest Honey-Bee! 🤗

Aahh, I hope  it's tears of joy. But it's well deserved 

Mwah🤗
Tessaloni thumbnail

Originally posted by: B-onesie

Aahh, I hope it's tears of joy. But it's well deserved

Mwah🤗

of course! I'm so so touched! Thaaankuuu! ❤️
lovely_nikki thumbnail
Reserved 

Bee, you indeed are the Honey Bee of this forum 🤗. You spread your Sweetness and touches our Hearts by such Sweet Gestures. Bless you Sweet Bee. ❤️

And Tess, what could I say for you. You never cease to amaze me with your talent ⭐️. Bless you.
May you keep reaching new heights ❤️    🤗
Tessaloni thumbnail

Originally posted by: lovely_nikki

Reserved

Bee, you indeed are the Honey Bee of this forum🤗. You spread your Sweetness and touches our Hearts by such Sweet Gestures. Bless you Sweet Bee.❤️

And Tess, what could I say for you. You never cease to amaze me with your talent⭐️. Bless you.
May you keep reaching new heights❤️ 🤗

thaaankuuu Didu of mine! 🤗

yes she's my Angel Bee! Just the sweetest of sweet! 😃
sass8 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Res
This is a fantastic thread for the Queen of OS,😛always spreading joy and care and right amount of push 😳 when needed, not too mention keeping the forum lively and fun indeed.  Congrats too on the results.

Bee, hats off for doing this.👏 So sweet
Edited by sass8 - 7 years ago
sass8 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
...Edited by sass8 - 7 years ago