new article: A slow and steady friendship

sreeya852 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
nice to read that these two were able to get on well with each other.  
I am surprised that SonKush received feedback early on that their chemistry wasn't "tangible"... I am likely biased, but I felt that the two shared a very natural chemistry onscreen from their very first scene, the first promo itself was very intriguing- a huge part has to do with the lovely foundation that was set between KarVi in the initial episodes.   I think the only thing viewers were concerned about was how Kartik was treating Survi badly- I think people expected more of a romantic/physical attraction from the start- but in my opinion the chemistry between two characters/actors is never only about romance/physical attraction, it is far more than that.  For example the chemistry between Ankush and Harbandana worked so well- that too from their very first scene together- the camera work and direction was very nicely done- that it was so easy to accept them as father/daughter πŸ˜Š Or Ankush and Rinku's chemistry- as two characters opposing one another- I still remember the scene before Krishna's entry where Kartik and Taayi have a showdown, the energy level brought by both actors was really good- the entire scene made me forget about everything else and kept me glued πŸ‘ Or Rinku's and Gaurav's chemistry- their comedic timing was to die for πŸ˜†

I really hope SonKush go on to work in another project again- their onscreen chemistry is undeniable and I truly think a different project on a different channel will bring in more well-deserved accolades. I truly hope more and more viewers work towards pushing for better content-driven/ talent-driven material, rather than the overdone over-the-top dramatic revenge based family dramas.   I just hope they would tone down the urban/upper-class oriented content and bring more rural based content with more diversity in class representation than just very rich/lower-middle class.😳 (I've seen promos for a new show called Ghulam- it seems really interesting and very new, wouldn't mind giving that a try)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vanellope thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
So perfectly put & I completely agree with you Thaniya 
Simply looking good together or throwing in a lot of romantic scenes doesn't get you the so called " Chemistry " It has to have the story,it has to have the perfect actors best suited to their roles
And that's what worked for me for Karvi/Sonkush.I don't know where she got her feedback from,but having watched the young Karvi in the first 40 episodes,for me the chemistry was there,even though they made Kartik look πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ with those grey streaks & those hideous scarves πŸ˜²πŸ˜†
Edited by Vanellope - 7 years ago
sreeya852 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vanellope

So perfectly put & I completely agree with you Thaniya 
Simply looking good together or throwing in a lot of romantic scenes doesn't get you the so called " Chemistry " It has to have the story,it has to have the perfect actors best suited to their roles
And that's what worked for me for Karvi/Sonkush.I don't know where she got her feedback from,but having watched the young Karvi in the first 40 episodes,for me the chemistry was there,even though they made Kartik look πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ with those grey streaks & those hideous scarves πŸ˜²πŸ˜†

I liked those grey streaks- it spoke so much to me, it indicated the level of stress he endured on a day-to-day basis and his reluctance to take care of his physical appearance beyond that of a serious, work-oriented professional.  I was hoping his (aged) physical appearance would be something he thought Survi would be concerned about when he started realizing he liked her as more than a friend- and how he slowly tried to change to compete with the younger lot (Aniket, and Simran's brother)... The 10 year age gap was a huge factor for me that left me intrigued- especially when I got the drift that they were going to actually pair KarVi...😳  I really wish they had explored that aspect of KarVi's relationship more- It is something that would pull in viewers if done right- I personally thought KarVi started off with a proper foundation for such an arc πŸ˜Š And Ankush's acting was impressive- he is in his 20s, but I could see him as someone in his 30s due to the way he carried himself in the scenes. - the arc would've have given both SonKush more room to explore their characters in-depth.

There was an interview with SonKush, where they were asked what their first impression of each other was-  Sonal said she was scared that the male lead was old, and how she was playing a 21 year old and Ankush a 32 year old and how it was a romantic show, leaving her scared and confused- to me that moment was an "ah-ha moment"- because as a viewer I felt the same, but instead of being scared in a bad way, I was more intrigued, because it was so different πŸ˜‰- I still wish they hadn't undone that look so quickly and at the same time completely disregard the age gap 

One thing I agree with you on are the scarves- they were unappealing at the least. πŸ˜†
Edited by sugarpuff1992hi - 7 years ago
Vanellope thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sugarpuff1992hi

I liked those grey streaks- it spoke so much to me, it indicated the level of stress he endured on a day-to-day basis and his reluctance to take care of his physical appearance beyond that of a serious, work-oriented professional.  I was hoping his (aged) physical appearance would be something he thought Survi would be concerned about when he started realizing he liked her as more than a friend- and how he slowly tried to change to compete with the younger lot (Aniket, and Simran's brother)... The 10 year age gap was a huge factor for me that left me intrigued- especially when I got the drift that they were going to actually pair KarVi...😳  I really wish they had explored that aspect of KarVi's relationship more- It is something that would pull in viewers if done right- I personally thought KarVi started off with a proper foundation for such an arc πŸ˜Š And Ankush's acting was impressive- he is in his 20s, but I could see him as someone in his 30s due to the way he carried himself in the scenes. - the arc would've have given both SonKush more room to explore their characters in-depth.

There was an interview with SonKush, where they were asked what their first impression of each other was-  Sonal said she was scared that the male lead was old, and how she was playing a 21 year old and Ankush a 32 year old and how it was a romantic show, leaving her scared and confused- to me that moment was an "ah-ha moment"- because as a viewer I felt the same, but instead of being scared in a bad way, I was more intrigued, because it was so different πŸ˜‰- I still wish they hadn't undone that look so quickly and at the same time completely disregard the age gap 

One thing I agree with you on are the scarves- they were unappealing at the least. πŸ˜†

Never had a problem with the grey hair cause of the reasons you mentioned but the scarves had to go & so glad they did πŸ˜†πŸ˜ƒ
@ Red So true.Never for a moment did he look out of place playing a 32 year old or a 39 year old father.He brought the composure that's supposed to come with age.That's how amazing an actor he is 
Edited by Vanellope - 7 years ago
luxmi_1029 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I love zain β˜ΊοΈ
I wish we had more romantic scenes between Kartik and Survi, and had more jealous KarVi too. They rushed the wedding, and so we did not get much.  I was thankful we caught a glimpse of jealous Kartik during Jatin's arc πŸ€ͺ Ankush played the role so well, he did this thing with his jaw whenever Survi got to him, it was so fun to watch πŸ˜›  To see Fun-loving innocent kartik turn into a jealous cool kinda guy was awesome.  Ankush played the role so well, and Sonal was the perfect pair to play opposite of him.  I love my KarVi/SonKush and miss them too much πŸ˜­  All their scenes were perfect, I can't think of a single scene that I didn't like of theirs. Their chemistry was to die for, I am not surprised they were able to deliver such perfect scenes.  I wonder what cues they had between each other to keep the chemistry alive onscreen 

TFS. 
Edited by luxmi_1029 - 7 years ago