Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sareg thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: MNMS

[quote=sareg]Kids today(and even older generation) are influenced by Adults, they want to dress up like Adults/they want to behave like adults, by banning Child performers you are treating the effect not the cause

Was the clothing of Master Raju famous or the clothing of Amitabh Bacchan?

If a Sanchita or Pawnu were not to sing a Beedi Jalaile, wont the kids of the current Generation not know that song, the dance of Bipasha?

Who is more famous Madhuri's dance for Khalnayak or the Dance of a kid in Boogie Woogie?

Irrespective of what happens on shows like SRGMP or Boogie Woogie, kids today will watch movie's like Don, Dhoom and would be influenced by the clothing the songs of that movie

That is the way current generation is, they are not going to wear/talk the way we used to no matter what.

We used to be influenced by AB/SRK/Jayaprada/Madhuri they are going to be influenced by Hrithik/AB Jr/Malaika/Esha Deol

Banning a Sanchita/Pawni/Sameer from the screen is not going to buy you anything, if anything it is going to trample the talent of these kids, b'cos face it, many of these kids have the performing skills and not much of the skills required in the talent hunt, the performance killed the talent already , we have seen it with II, SRGMP     

As much as we dislike it, SRGMP today is far more popular than the older version(and same holds for the Lil Champs series)[/quote]

On behalf of feeling like a broken tape record πŸ˜† [with due respect 😊 ] i am repeating myself: We are NOT Against talent.But We are not approving the "PUBLIC PERFORMANCE which is on a much LARGER SCALE"...as its consequenses are devestating.

And if there are singing competitions at school level...wouldn't they set standards of songs under proper guidance, monitoring and oppose the selection of song "Beedi jalaile" for the competition By a student? Even if it is known by every child.... still there is a restriction to tell our kids that "It is NOT appropriate for you at this time"

If Films and other people who show smoking and "beedi" songs not taking the responsibility and consideration of young children... Should we not do that at a grass root level??.. and tell them that "No... kid .. you are restricted at this time" Be it parents, adults, teachers, anyone!!

The question posed is wrong, Child performers should be BANNED? Banning means official from someone in authority, i.e censorship

and I am talking from the censorship POV, It is a parental responsibility, and it is upto a personal question, it is not a TV channel's responsibility. b'cos there are no guidelines for this, By default all television programs are PG13 and they are letting kids under age 13 perform in it, itself is a joke

The word Banning comes from an official standpoint, so you mean it is big brother making a decision, and they have absolutely no effect, this decision is a parenting decision, nothing on the community, Big Brother level

example Omkara is a movie that is rated A, how many children have viewed it? How many homes has the movie being viewed in? that tells you how much censorship/banning works

First of all a child has viewed it, that is why he/she is performing it. A television channel showed the song in entirety

If Parents show this kind of movie's kids will take something from it, This all goes back to parenting, This has very little to do with official word "BANNING". Most of the population on this forum is between age 13-18, (officiallyπŸ˜‰), ask how many have watched the movie or the song.

Yes, Big brother needs to be involved, They need to have a censorship board for television, and there is none, If it had SRGMP, SRGMP Lil Champs would be Adult viewing programs since they are performing Adult songs, 90% of India's television programs would go in the adult rating, all of Ekta serials for some or the other concept it talks about.

Edited by sareg - 17 years ago
MNMS thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
[quote=sareg]The question posed is wrong, Child performers should be BANNED? Banning means official from someone in authority, i.e censorship
[/quote]

First of all, the question posted is "Should children be allowed to work in the performing arts or professional sports? "... It is asking the opinion of debators... later on we have debated on it regarding different views. You may have your own opinion about this question, which i totally respect. But saying that question is wrong, is a bit unjustified statement!

[quote=sareg]and I am talking from the censorship POV, It is a parental responsibility, and it is upto a personal question, it is not a TV channel's responsibility. b'cos there are no guidelines for this, [/quote]

BECAUSE there are no guidelines and BECAUSE there is no such policy....the question is raised!!!

[quote=sareg]The word Banning comes from an official standpoint, so you mean it is big brother making a decision, and they have absolutely no effect, this decision is a parenting decision, nothing on the community, Big Brother level[/quote]

I have to ask again! How many child performers get responsible parents? How many children are saved from going off the rails? I think the initiative comes from the Government level that "When your child is 18 years old....". Drinking, car driving are ALSO parenting matters... SO, why to put a law for them? This issue is no different from them as it comes under "Social security of human" ..

[quote=sareg]example Omkara is a movie that is rated A, how many children have viewed it? How many homes has the movie being viewed in? that tells you how much censorship/banning works

First of all a child has viewed it, that is why he/she is performing it. A television channel showed the song in entirety

If Parents show this kind of movie's kids will take something from it, This all goes back to parenting, This has very little to do with official word "BANNING". Most of the population on this forum is between age 13-18, (officially), ask how many have watched the movie or the song. [/quote]

This is the problem in implementation, NOT the law! The second responsibility lies on the parents IF we talk about censorship POV.... IF we talk keeping the perspective of home... then it is parents first. This WHOLE thread is talking about a measure to be taken at a government level because it isn't working at the grass root level!

[quote=sareg]Yes, Big brother needs to be involved, They need to have a censorship board for television, and there is none,[/quote]

Agreeing at my point!!!! πŸ˜† ..this is like a Good Uncle πŸ˜› πŸ˜‰

[quote=sareg] If it had SRGMP, SRGMP Lil Champs would be Adult viewing programs since they are performing Adult songs, 90% of India's television programs would go in the adult rating, all of Ekta serials for some or the other concept it talks about.
[/quote]

Why are children performing at Adult level???!!!! This Thing i and Pradarshak are asking in the whole thread... Why they are performing at a child's level in school competition? Do they not serve the purpose of giving confidence for exploring their talent!? πŸ˜•