Twinkle Khanna Takes a Funny Dig at Salman in her New Column

awesomegurti thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago
If there is a crown for Queen of Sass, someone please give it to Twinkle Khanna already please. The lady is so funny with her accurate one-liners and humorous digs, that I would go out and credit Akshay Kumar discovering his funny bone in his roles to her. She gave us the best episode in the latest season of Koffee With Karan thanks to her witty charm. While the rest of the celebs were struggling hard either to be too funny (I am looking at you, Ranveer Singh) or saddled with partners with whom they had the least zing (Shah Rukh Khan's episode with Alia), the Twinkle Khanna-Akshay Kumar episode was easily the best of the lot, and can easily compete with the best of all seasons. I still can't forget Karan's perplexed expression or Akshay Kumar's bemused face whenever Twinkle Khanna opens her mouth to crack the funny ones.

Twinkle Khanna is also a most sought after columnist, as her writings reflect her wit. In her columns, she takes on everyone, including herself and her husband. So when TOI approached her to write a humorous year ender feature, she found a new outlet to poke fun at a few more celebs. In her column, she wrote her own take on the funniest classified ads that you should have on papers, where she didn't spare Rahul Gandhi, Asaram Bapu and Narendra Modi. And of course, her Jab Pyar Kisise Hota Hai co-star Salman Khan. Here's what she wrote about Salman Khan, without even taking his name. But samajhdhar ko ishara kaafi hai!

Here's an excerpt from her recent column...

"Alliance Wanted For One Of India's Oldest But Most Eligible Bachelors: Dashing, non-vegetarian, successful and muscular Khandani boy. Excellent in dance, drama and art. Girl must be pretty, slim and enjoy long drives off the beaten path. Bride must not be very talkative, as groom cannot tolerate any buck buck. Caste no bar. Contact [email protected]"

Wonder how Salman Khan fans are going to take this jibe!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Talcum thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
She loves taking digs at everybody... Someone should take a dig at her for being a complete doormat. I know there are many star wives who have turned a blind eye to the deeds of their men but they don't take digs at others every now and then.Edited by veerzara - 7 years ago
anam10 thumbnail
🤣 Long drive and buck buck
For once, she has sort of nailed it! ðŸ¤£
anam10 thumbnail
Now I know why Akshay is hated on this forum and his BO record is ridiculed 🤣
nazban thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
One genuine question - has she always been this witty ?
aurora-borealis thumbnail
She tries too hard for my liking. Taking personal jibes at someone under the guise of "humor". I'm not even a Salman fan but she made a fool of herself here randomly bringing up his cases. Is she that desperate for some controversy? 
By association, she's embarrassing Akshay Kumar, who is a very genuine and classy guy.
lizzytaylor thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Drunk Twinkle Khanna paws Salman, causes faceoff between Akshay & Salman

Akshay Kumar and Salman Khan got into a major brawl a few mornings ago. And the bone of contention was Akshay's drunk wife, Twinkle Khanna. 

Apparently at the birthday party of Boney Kapoor's son Arjun at Squeeze Lounge Bar in Juhu on June 24, Twinkle Khanna got sozzled , and threw herself all over Salman Khan. 

Twinkle Khanna had arrived with many friends, including Bobby Deol, his wife Tanya, Kim Sharma and cricketer Yuvraj Singh. At first they partied on the lower level of the lounge where she had a few drinks too much. The group soon moved upstairs, where they met Salman.

Twinkle and Salman greeted each other warmly. Twinkle who was in a "buoyant mood" and soon asked Salman to join her on the dance floor. Among friends, she decided to let her hair down, and was soon seen throwing herself all over Salman and pawing him, much to the shock of those around. Salman tried to ward off the sozzled Twinkle, and walked away. 

When she went home her furious husband, who wasn't present at the party, got into his SUV and drove to Salman's home at 6 a.m. Akshay told Salman to lay off his wife, to which Salman replied: "You should be telling your wife that.'' "Stay away from me. Don't come in front of me or it won't be good for you", Akshay is believed to have said. A string of threats followed, after which volatile Salman lost his temper and made a few dhamkis of his own. 

A producer, who did not wish to be named, added, "Akshay probably thought Salman had misbehaved with Twinkle and couldn't believe someone he considered a close friend could have done that."

Akshay himself, however, denied the entire episode. He said, "I'm supposed to be the backward Punjabi male, but I don't have a problem if my wife goes out with her friends and talks to Salman or anybody else.
How does it bother people? Why can't a man and a woman have a simple conversation without anyone judging them with their sick minds?" 

He added, "People are trying to create friction between Salman and me. We share excellent chemistry on screen and some jealous people don't want us to do films together." 

Meanwhile, shooting for Sajid Nadiadwala's new film starring Salman and Akshay is only three days away. There are rumours that Akshay may postpone the shooting, but Nadiadwala denies this.

"I have been hearing rumours like this since the party at Squeeze" he said."But people have blown the incident out of proportion. Even if Twinkle said hi to Salman and put a hand on his shoulder, it doesn't mean she was flirting with him." 
"She did nothing like that. She was in a good mood, that's all. In fact, she sat with my wife Wardha for most of the party and we all left together."
MercurialMedusa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
She isn't witty. Taking potshots at others is not being humorous or witty! She does the same stuff as AIB guys do..only that she has the protection of her husbands goodwill. She knows Salman will not hit back coz of Akki.. hence the dare..but what do they say " bakre ki amma kab tak khair..something..something.."
For the first time, I found her witty. Hilarious 🤣