I could've turned Talaash into a 100 crore film : Aamir Khan

Posted: 7 years ago
http://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip/aamir-khan-knows-how-much-dangal-will-earn-and-its-shocking/

Aamir Khan is made at a budget of 70 crore and this is how much it will earn upon release, as per the actor.

By moumita bhattacharjee | Published: December 13, 2016 8:52 pm
comments
Aamir Khan knows how much Dangal will earn and it's SHOCKING

Aamir Khans Dangal is one film everyone is now waiting for. It's a ritual to close a year with an Aamir Khan blockbuster and 2016 will be no exception. Last year however, it was all about Dilwale and Bajirao Mastani. 2016 has Aamir back on his favourite spot, Christmas. The trailer of the film was a blockbuster and the dialogues supremely awesome. We are just waiting for December 23 to come so that we can watch this film. Of course we are expecting it to smash records but Aamir isn't. He is sure the film will earn at least 70 crore if not more! Also read: Dangal actress Fatima Sana Shaikh was asked to choose between Salman, Shah Rukh and Aamir and her answer will leave you stunned)

Yes, that's exactly what he said. Talking to a publication, Aamir said, "I never expect my films to earn a lot. I just want people to like my films. These days people change the figures of a film's earnings. But everyone in the industry knows the truth. I have never done that. You may remember Talaash earned Rs. 95 crore. Had I wanted, I could have easily turned it into Rs. 100 crore. But I didn't. Actually, we were expecting only Rs. 75 crore from that film. It was just a bonus that it earned Rs. 95 crore. As for Dangal, its budget is nearly Rs. 70 crore. I am hopeful that the film will earn at least that much." Trust only Aamir to be this clear about his film's fate at the box office. Also read: Aamir Khan's suggestions helped during the Dangal's Shooting: Nitesh Tiwari

<<
>>
Prev Next
  • Aamir Khan's this expression in the Dangal trailer is priceless.

Aamir Khan's this expression in the Dangal trailer is priceless.

The moment in the Dangal trailer when Aamir finds out that his daughters beat up the boys is amusing. That's where the movie takes a turn as Aamir realizes what his girls are capable of.

Aamir may be humble here but we are pretty sure Dangal will earn more. It is a biopic on the Phogats. Aamir plays the patriarch of the family Mahavir Phogat who wanted his sons to fulfil his dream of becoming a champion wrestler. But when he was blessed with only daughters, he was almost heartbroken. That's when something happens and he realises that his daughters are no less. Since then, his mission in life was to turn his daughters into wrestlers that not only the country but the world can be proud of. The premise of the story is so inspirational it will immediately make you excited about the film. A country like India needs more such films as female foeticide is still the biggest social evil here.

Edited by Maroon5.0 - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Chudailpaapi thumbnail
I love Talaash. It was nice movie.

Better to under-estimate than to over-estimate I guess. Dangaal will do more than 70 crore. It has to. 2016 was a disaster...
ImagineMe thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

๐Ÿ‘
Aww...  The humility for public ๐Ÿคก

Now if the film crosses 300CR, it will seem such a big bonus for him and the movie

And if the film touches only 100CR (highly unlikely), it will seem per expectations with "Talaash bonus".   Bolo thaa na me pehle types...

Aamir bahut shaana hai ๐Ÿ˜‰

NO ONE COMES OUT on Xmas with a 14-day period to get only to breakeven point, Aamir Babu!
Edited by ImagineMe - 7 years ago

Originally posted by: ImagineMe

NO ONE COMES OUT on Xmas with a 14-day period to get only to breakeven point, Aamir Babu!

Is there even a 14 day period ?? Its coming 12/23 and when do Holidays end 1/2 or 1/3 ??

Thats not even 2 weeks.
ImagineMe thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroon5.0

Is there even a 14 day period ?? Its coming 12/23 and when do Holidays end 1/2 or 1/3 ??

Thats not even 2 weeks.

Well it is not about  "US Holiday" season... it's practically 2-3  open weeks after the release.

I would update my claim to 21 day period.

12/23 - Dangal

12/30 -   ** CRICKETS *** 

01/06 -  ** CRICKETS *** 

01/13 -  OK Jaanu 

Originally posted by: ImagineMe

Well it is not about  "US Holiday" season... it's practically 2-3  open weeks after the release.

I would update my claim to 21 day period.

12/23 - Dangal

12/30 -   ** CRICKETS *** 

01/06 -  ** CRICKETS *** 

01/13 -  OK Jaanu 

You think it can hit 300 Crore possibly cross PK ??
ImagineMe thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroon5.0

You think it can hit 300 Crore possibly cross PK ??

The earlier comment was just an "if" scenario... not sure it will cross 300.  It may be 200+ if really well received.  Sultan took away the "novelty" factor.  Very likely this film will be appraised "superior" compared to the former... but one can't deny the "seen this" before hangover.

The film has a strong buzz and it is a safe blockbuster. Should definitely sail past  PRDP. ๐Ÿ˜›
Her-mion-e thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
IM-why is there a strong buzz if its already dekhe dikhai suni sunai?
Because its looking like a great film..a great aamir film can do business in any point of time of year..
Baki to film release hone ke baad pata chalega great film sach me hain ke nehi
bokul thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
It will easily make at least 400 crore