FoodSmuggler thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago
The First Day

"Where are they?" Mevs thumped on the floor as discreetly as possible so as to draw minimum attention to herself, only to realise that everyone at the cafe had been staring at her the whole while and something told her it wasn't due to her impeccable dressing style this time around. 

"Like i'm the only one having a bad day?" She scoffed. "I'm about to murder them all." 
Her murderous thoughts were put to a halt by the sudden buzzing of her phone, which she chose to royally ignore. She was mad at them for making her wait for god knows how long in a city she barely knew. 

"It's a bad idea to ignore your phone when your ringtone is that of a toilet flushing" A familiar voice quipped. "I'm so sorry I got late, got caught in traffic. I swear I got out on time." She said, rising her hands up in the air defensively seeing Mevs' eyes flare up. In a cartoon, there'd sure be a red halo around her head, K thought. 

"It's a classy joke, only a select few get it." Mevs retorted. " And also K, I'm ignoring you so that I don't murder you and go to prison. I've seen every episode of Oz, I wouldn't survive there." 

"Mevs, I am so sorry." K said," I'm only.." Her voice trailled off as she sneaked a glance towards her phone. " 3 hours late? Youchy! So sorry, again." 

"Hide before I kill you" Mevs threatened.

"It was actually my fault she got late." A masculine voice interjected. "Hi, I'm Zain." He said extending his hand to her. 

"Mehvish" she said, shaking his hand. "So how exactly are you to blame for her getting late?" 

"I offered to drop her here and I had some errands to run on our way so I kinda sorta got her late. I'm genuinely sorry for that by the way. I shouldn't have kept a lady waiting. Especially when she's this pretty." He said with a wink causing Mevs to blush a little.

"Sooo, Mevs, Maafi!" K said dramatically causing both Mevs and Zain to smile. "He has a cute smile, a definite ten." She thought. 

"I swear I'll fall on the ground here and refuse to get up until you forgive me." K said crossing her arms. 

"I can't stay mad at you Dramebaaz. Come here and give me a hug." 

"By the way, where are Adi, A and Eshu?" Asked Mevs. "They were supposed to be here to pick me up right?" 

"A and Adi have gone on a sight seeing trip. I don't know how they'll get around the place. And Eshu is still at work. Sid said he'll drop her off at my place once she's free." 

"So that leaves just you and me. What should we do?" K asked 

"I don't know about you but I need some rest. Jet lagged." Mevs pointed out as a matter of factly

"In that case, I'll drop both you ladies off." Zain offered 

"Cool then. Come on Mevs. Let's get going." K chirped almost dragging Mevs out with her while Zain followed the ladies with Mevs' luggage in toe. 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"You sure we are on the right path Adi?" A asked, exasperated. "We have been going on and on in circles. I'm pretty sure we passed this building a couple of minutes back."

"Yes, the map never lies A! Now quit whining and start walking." Instructed Adi. 

"I feel like i'm at a boot camp or something with Sargent Adi." Joked A while walking around the block. 

"You really need to crack better jokes A." It was now Adi's turn to whine 

"I'm gonna let that one slide for now because I am really tired. So how far more? My legs are killing me." 

"Just a little more." Assured Adi 

"You have been saying that for an awfully long time now." Said A, rolling her eyes.

"Just trust me A. We're right about there." Adi said calmly while A was almost losing her marbles. 

"Adi!!!! It's been 45 minutes and I'm sure we are lost." A groaned. " I'm calling it, we're lost and we are dying alone here"

"Stop freaking out. We are not lost. I think." Adi tried pacifying her 

"Just give me the map. I can't believe you brought over an original map instead of your phone." 

"Pardon me for wanting an authentic sight seeing adventure." Glared Adi

"Adi!!! This is a map of Pune and not Mumbai!!" Cried A, almost shrieking. 

"No wonder it seemed weird." Said Adi, enlightened by the new found information. "Oh well, at least we don't need to hit the gym for a week." She added nonchalantly. "Also Pune - Mumbai, potato potahto. Right A?" 

"Thank your stars that I am suppressing my desires to throw you off a cliff now." Sighed A 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"It's taking them an awful long time to get back." Wondered K as she served coffee and snacks to Mevs, who was happily lounged on the bouncy couch. 

"Call them and see where they are." Suggested Mevs. "I'm pretty sure they're busy munching on local delicacies without us."  

"I can't call them up. They left their phones here." Said K, raising up two cell phones in her hand for Mevs to see." They were rambling about it being an authentic trip without technology or something. I honestly didn't resgister most of it." Sighed K. 

"I'm sure Adi just left her phone here so that she doesn't end up talking to Shaheer all the time and end up missing him more." Joked Mevs.

"And what about A?" Asked K confused

"Well she just doesn't know yet I suppose." 

"Mevs, I'm scared. What do we do?" 

"I'm sure they'll be fine K. They have a map right?" 

"Seemed so." K answered still lost in worry 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Uh huh" Answered Eshu every five seconds while having her ear glued to her phone. "Okay got it A. Will be there soon. Do not move okay?" 

"So, where are they?" Asked Sid, honestly confused. 

"By the old storage unit near Borivali" Eshu said

"How did you make sense of the place? A told me they were by the building that looks like the restaurant from ratatouille" 

"She can do that when freaked out." Laughed Eshu 

"I learnt that the hard way." Quipped Sid. " You wait here. Let me go get the car."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* 

"What happened? They are coming right?" Asked Adi

"Yes, Eshu said she got the place. Asked us to stay put utill they are here." A answered

"I still can't believed you told Sid that we were next to the restaurant from ratatouille." Laughed Adi

"It looks the same!" Said A, defensively. "It's the exact replica."

"I'm sure it is." Teased Adi 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"They're with Sid and Eshu." K announced, setting her phone down by the table. "No need to worry."

"See I told you they'd be okay." Grinned Mevs

"So, Zain turns out we won't be needing that ride after all." Said K, turning to Zain who was seated on the couch opposite to Mevs who was munching away on cheetos. 

"No problem. Let me know if you need anything." Said Zain, chivalrously

"Wait a minute? How come you got here so quick?" Prodded Mevs

"Mevs, he lives next door. Have you been paying no attention to what I have been saying all this while?" Asked K. "I'm sorry Zain, when near food, her brain turns into mush." She said apologetically

"It's cool. I'll see you and your friend around." He said, getting up to leave but not before flashing Mevs a cute smile that momentarily made her heart skip a beat. 

"Thank you again." Said K, closing the door behind him. 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Whose idea was it to go about the city you are both new to?" Questioned Eshu with her arms crossed, she seemed angry and worried at the same time. 

"I swear it was Adi's" announced A

"Thank you for sticking up for me A." Adi said sarcastically. "Eshu we had a map."

"A map of Pune!" Snapped A

"A map is a map" Adi was firm on her ground. 

Sid who had been patiently listening to the banter couldn't help but laugh out. " At least they called us up Eshu. That's pretty smart. Let it be, they are safe right?" 

"I suppose there was no harm done." Contemplated Eshu while A and Adi mouthed a silent thank you to Sid who in turn blinked at them assuringly. 

"So what were you both doing there until you called Sid up?" Asked Eshu

"Well, we.. Uh-" Adi stammerd

"I'll tell you, Adi tried to stop a cabbie but all we could tell him was that we needed to go to the building near the park by the sea so he ended up giving us sympathetic glances. Figured we were mentally unfit." And with that, the car filled with sounds of laughter. 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"So here we are ladies, your stop" announced Sid 

"Thank you Sid, we owe you one." Adi and A spoke in unison

"In that case let me tag along too" grinned Sid

"No way." Eshu butted in

Taking that to be their cue, A and Adi hurried out of the car and gave the two love birds some privacy

"Come on Eshu, I know you'll miss me" 

"Well Mr Gupta, it was you who suggested I spend some time with the girls and K has strictly advised that it be a girls night so you're banished." Eshu said smiling. "Now let me go, the girls will be wondering where I am."

"I will come down there." He warned.

"I'd like to see you try," she challenged before slipping out of the vehicle 

"Never challenge someone whose friend lives next door," Sid smiled to himself before holding up his phone in the air and making a call.

-||- 

So that's it! Hope it wasn't that bad. Do let me know 
Edited by MaliciousAngel - 7 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SweetSau thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Nice
Keep writing!
Loved how you included everybody!
Lots of love
Sayli
adi_FMT_ct thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Toilet flushing Ringtone
Zain's awesome entry & he said what to Meh
Oooh!
Awesome A & Me in trip...
And OMG...
Sid is going to drop Eshu...
I tell you both A's can't be never'wrong'!!! 
No it would be 'Right'.
πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
& A should be thankful to me;I atleast give her chance to fulfil her dream.πŸ˜ƒ
By the way potato is good one.πŸ‘
Thank God we end up to call Sid😳
Lovely⭐️
Girl's night out is on the way.😎
Don't know what the mess creates now...Zain is next to K & again Eshu is challenging Sid too.
& Top of the above Meh is flattened to Zain.

A
I copy paste from here in IF.
OH!Wait...
A
You should get a πŸ€—
Edited by adi_FMT_ct - 7 years ago
tikit thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
First of all A the story is awesome with us. So a big thank u for that. Secondly the funny scene toilet flush ringtone was πŸ˜†. Nd K nd Mevs scene was funny nd so was both A's scene was funny. Especially sergeant Adi. 
I liked Zain nd Sids chivalrous attitude πŸ˜›
Hope to see Sid nd Zains bonding πŸ˜Š
Nd girls night out wud be so awesome. 
I want to see who won the challenge me or Sid πŸ˜†

A fantastic nd brilliant start A πŸ˜³
Komal1298 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Theres no me in the story!
And i felt jealous of eshu😭
First of all I didnt get to know what it was then i came to knw you are writing a story for the forum!
Amazing it was!
Next time for me too A!
Loves