Open letter to Supriya Pilgaonkar

enness thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago
Dear Supriya Ma'am
This letter comes for you NOT from a KRPKAB fan, but as someone who has been a fan since Kshitij Ye Nahin days. I was a kid back then, and that show was one of the first 'grown up' shows I understood, and appreciated. Your quiet dignity, talent and 'normalness' was something that made an impact on a 10yr old's mind then...you reminded me of my own mother, and that is not a compliment I give lightly .

Most people watching KRPKAB today started watching the show because of the unusual promos, or because of the immensely talented romantic leads. Me ? I started watching it for you - and stuck around because all the cast were doing such a brilliant job of portraying such a well scripted, realistic, everyday story. No cliches, no over the top drama - relatable, and hence the only Hindi show I have actually watched in a long while.

A month or so back , I stopped watching. As your fan, I feel embarrassed to admit this. But as an intelligent, sane woman who craves for realistic TV - I am not. The complete U turn in the show, and the continuous regression in your character, made it painful to watch. From bits in the media, we have got the sense that you too, are unhappy.

Ma'am, the only purpose of this letter is to tell you - your real fans hate watching you play a character which has none of the dignity, poise and genuineness you, as an actor, deserve. While I get that as an actor, it must be immensely satisfying to play varied roles and various shades...but I also firmly believe that at their core, all roles have a persona attached to them which cannot be overcome by even the greatest of acting talent. Ishwari as a persona has become small minded, regressive and frankly, unattractive. And that is not something fans want to see you play.

It is a big testament to your skill that you have made us feel so strongly for Ishwari - but at some point, those feelings cross a line, and that's when maybe fans, and the actor, both - need to step back and examine their commitment.

As your fan , I have stepped back, because I do not see Ishwari in you, and don't want to see you in Ishwari. As an actor - we await your call. Whatever it may be - please know that you are adored and respected immensely.

Regards
A fan

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

thedramaqueen thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
very very well written. Please do post this to her social media account if possible. 
The day she sent Dev to drop dadibua and then the night of resort I had predicted that fans like me who always see the grey in Ishwari will see a much much darker shade. Its getting charcoal black now
Samira.bordekar thumbnail
Couldn't have said said better myself. I completely agree and feel the same way. 
annihilation thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
This is beautifully written! Count me in as well. Loved Supriya Ma'am ever since her Tu Tu Main Main days. 
Aazeen02 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Without your permission though, I have posted the link to this letter on twitter. I hope you would not mind it.
I think the esteemed actress should read this.
She deserves some kind words from her fans all over.
May it make her feel better somehow! 😃
enness thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Aazeen02

Without your permission though, I have posted the link to this letter on twitter. I hope you would not mind it.

I think the esteemed actress should read this.
She deserves some kind words from her fans all over.
May it make her feel better somehow! 😃

Thanks ! I am not too active on twitter, so glad you did it ! Hope she reads is though...