Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NightonEarth thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Rathna Pathak steps in; Amrita Singh pulls out from Arjun Kapoor's Mubarakan!

Amrita Singh was all set to reunite with Arjun Kapoor after  Abhishek Verman's 2 States in Anees Bazmee's Mubarakan. The film kickstarted its schedule in Chandigarh on Thursday and at the last moment, Amrita pulled out from the project. 

According to a report in a leading daily, Rathna Pathak has come to Bazmee's rescue and she has been roped in for the role. A source revealed to the daily, "Amrita was to play Arjun's mother who is Anil Kapoor's elder sister. Just a few days before the film was to roll, the actress informed the team that she can't do the film. Now, Ratna's dates will have to be taken into consideration because of which the international schedule, set for December, has been pushed to next year."

Producer Murad Khetani confirmed the news, and said, "Amrita couldn't do the film due to date issues and we have Ratna on board. Her portion which was initially scheduled to be shot in November-December in London will now happen sometime in January. The Punjab schedule, originally planned for January, is being shot now."
Amrita remained unavailable for any comments. Let's wait and watch what she has to say on this?

walkashame thumbnail
Amrita: Sara, you can't act in movies.
Sara: Oh and what do you do?
Amrita: ...
_Procrastinator thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Ratna Pathak Shah is gonna steal the show from both Anil & Arjun.
This woman is just so awesome..I cannot look at anyone else when she's in the frame.
reams thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: _Procrastinator

Ratna Pathak Shah is gonna steal the show from both Anil & Arjun.

This woman is just so awesome..I cannot look at anyone else when she's in the frame.

I love her too...nobody beats Maya Sarabhai
Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
What about female lead? :) I loved Alia-Arjun pair.

..Ratna Pathak is a Goddess, thank God she's finally being cast in mainstream movies :))
ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Yay.

Edited by ponymo - 7 years ago