Boundaries between viewers and actors (please read)

sreeya852 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
In my previous post, I had stated that I have stopped watching the show as of last week. That is fine, a lot of people stop and start watching shows at different points of a show's lifetime... it just so happens that the news of YVR being revamped was the instigating factor in my decision... again, totally fine. it is normal, and not the end of the world... 
So, I am writing this post, because I had just opened up my Instagram account and was met with a picture uploaded by Sonal Vengurlekar of our Survi... brace yourselves...🀒 (my heart broke into tiny little pieces... but, again not really... a fangirl's heart breaking into little pieces is like nothing... really πŸ˜‰)... I admit I get emotionally attached as do other fans, but I also know boundaries exist πŸ‘πŸΌ

I scrolled down to read the comments... hoping for some form of cheer in the form of light-hearted, sarcastic comments of how typical it is for Indian dramas to kill off main characters with the snap-of-a-finger, but instead I was met with Sonal (the actress playing Survi) having to reply to some hateful/hurtful/boundary crossing comments... It is sad that an actor would have to go to the extent of having to defend their personal life due to a mere change in a storyline of a series that has lasted no more than one year...😭

I believe I have said this before, but I would like to repeat this... but, please remember being a fan of a show, character, actor, or ship (reel/wishful real/real couples) does NOT give one the right to cross BOUNDARIES.  Again, I know it may seem hard to understand where these boundaries start and end, especially with so many ways that may give off the illusion of access into the PERSONAL lives of actors/directors/production members/other artists - I am referring to social media, public forums, gossip based media.  Despite the difficulty in recognizing these boundaries, it is once again important to remember they exist... (I know, I probably sound like a broken record at this point πŸ€ͺ)

I admit, I too have an inner fangirl... and for as long as I could remember I have been shipping ships that I found myself drawn to- some reel, others wishful real ones (they usually never materialized- and this obviously shouldn't come as a surprise... because I was basing my wishful thinking off of some weirdly formed depiction that at the end was really a marketing strategy for those making money off whatever show, game, movie they were trying to sell πŸ€“)... Like, the part of me that loves KarVi and silently routes for SonKush (wishful thinking... I repeat, again wishful thinking, NOT real... never will be...sidenote:the dramatic touch my mind voice is adding as I type this is totally top notch πŸ˜†

And, I admire Ankush Arora's acting, partly because he is a private person, and so I have no kind of preconceived idea of who he is when I see him onscreen, and so I only see the character he is acting, and the rest has to do with the fact that he is a good actor.

Sonal too is a good actor, only fault is that Survi ended up taking up a characterization of the so-called, "perfect woman who is a reflection of a goddess" (this characterization is really problematic and seriously needs to change, because it gives little room for actresses to showcase their talent as an actor, and on top of that sets this unattainable status for the rest of us women )

Despite this characterization, Sonal had the opportunity to showcase her talents in scenes where she was paired with Kartik- in which she slayed... because it was literally THE only opportunity she got to portray a character with complex emotions (as a feminist- I think this needs to be further analyzed)πŸ€“

The fact that the times in which Sonal. playing survi, was almost only allowed to show the depth of the character's emotions when paired opposite Kartik/Ankush may actually be the reason why the brand/fandom of SonKush came to be... so basically the fandom of SonKush is a compliment/critical acclaim to both actors' acting abilities πŸ˜Ž In other words SonKush is just a brand/fandom, therefore not real...πŸ‘πŸΌ 

And, these fan wars... they are really, really, really confusing and sad... yes, actors get into fights... In SonKush's case they got a little physical (so, physical violence in the workplace should always be a big NO NOπŸ˜‰... ideally, both would have been fired to set the tone... but, from what I understand the whole "slapgate" thing is not new in the industry, and actually acts in a way as promotional material for the show-- who knows if it actually happened or not... it could have totally been staged... or sneakily planned by the marketing team πŸ˜† - I want to say that I was joking... but I honestly have no idea...), but, at the end of the day they work in the same industry, run in the same social circles, possibly have similar friends... and they've been colleagues for almost a year... they may decide to make up one day and laugh about it over the lack of experience and age, or may decide it be best to avoid each other... whatever it is, it is up to them to decide πŸ˜‰

As fans all we have access to is the media... and seriously, how much of the media, that too media based off of GOSSIP is actually true... whether it is or it isn't... it seriously shouldn't matter...

I feel really bad for saying it, but I honestly laughed once I first heard the news of the "slapgate" fiasco... all I thought was that these two kids need a sit down with their parents to get a lesson on controlling their tempers and understanding workplace politics πŸ˜†.   In other words, they are both young, starting off their CAREERS, and basically just figuring things out... its now an experience that they both probably learned from... It honestly has nothing to do with anyone else, especially fans and viewers of their show πŸ˜›

So, for those who decided to actually read the entire post, thanks πŸ˜ƒ, and remember don't get into fan wars... don't take any of this personally... I heard the Mehek show is going well... maybe check that out... and keep supporting and providing the actors you are fans of constructive criticism, and just mentally send them lots of positive vibes and wish them well πŸ˜Š

Seriously now, that is it... that is all I have to say πŸ₯±

P.S. Sonal (the actress who plays Survi) and her real life boyfriend are so cute β˜ΊοΈ I have no idea who he is, probably because this is the only hindi series I actually watched, but they really are cute... if you want proof there is this interview with Sonal her family and her BF, and he seems like the sweetest... I just want to pinch his cheeks- I can't help it, they are all still so young... babies πŸ˜³ Wish them nothing but the best of the best β­οΈ

Now I'm done.. really πŸ₯±

Edited by sugarpuff1992hi - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Awaaradil thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I saw that post too! Really reminded me of the time Survi (Roshni) first made appearance and now this will happen 😭. But then again it's a show and story has to keep moving!
Even though, the comments by the person to whom Sonal replied were deleted, from Sonal's replies it surely seemed that something very offensive must've been written.
Even though I don't know what the person had written,I gotta say that people should not attack other actors. Sonal's replies are something I would've written too if I were in her place.
I had even seen someone writing a long post about how it was the director and Sonal's plan to get Ankush out of YVR but I don't think it would've been the case. Even after the slapgate drama, both actors maintained their professionalism and played their roles.
Even if that was the case, we cannot really comment on something as the audience is never really told the whole story.
I hope people stop accusing actors and just support work of their favourites as they work so hard to entertain us 😊.
Vanellope thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Nice post again Thaniya 
And I completely agree,about boundaries & that you shouldn't resort to such abuse.That can be seriously upsetting for the person,the abuse is directed at