Mallika Sherawat opens up about her traumatic attack in Paris: They we

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 7 years ago

Mallika Sherawat opens up about her traumatic attack in Paris: They were strong, but I did NOT cower down

Mallika Sherawat talks about her recent Paris attack...

A few days ago, we revealed to you how Bollywood actress Mallika Sherawat was attacked by three masked men in Paris. They broke into her house with an aim to rob her apartment, but she fought them off. Though it was a traumatic experience, the actress vows that she will not let it affect her or her life in any way. Talking to CNN International, Mallika revealed how she was attacked from behind by three men, who had sprayed teargas on her and her French boyfriend, Cyrille Auxenfans. They then pushed Sherawat to the ground, started hitting Auxenfans and later on, tried to grab her bag.

Recalling the incident, Mallika said, "He was hurt a little bit. We both fought them off. I'm not going to let this change my life at all. I fought them off. They are strong men but I didn't just cower down." The attackers fled empty-handed after she fought with them and raised an alarm. The actress did not want to go into further detail, but she told the news channel, "It was extremely traumatic. No one should be made to suffer the insecurity of having their home broken into or the physical and mental abuse of such an attack."  

Mallika even said that the teargas temporarily blinded her and she was left with "a few bruises and marks and the feeling of having to look over your shoulder." Her boyfriend has suffered some minor injuries too.  

Earlier this year, Kim Kardashian West was robbed at gunpoint in a nearby luxury mansion. She was robbed of jewellery worth $10 million. Talking about Kim's incident, Mallika said, "I really feel extremely empathetic towards her, she suffered the same emotional, physical and mental trauma that I have."

However, Mallika doesn't know if she was targeted because of her celebrity status. In fact, she recalled that the robbers never uttered a word. As she added, "They didn't say anything. They didn't utter one word," she said of the masked men." Kim's security profile was increased post her attack, but Sherawat does not want a bodyguard. "Do I get paranoid, do I get security guards around me? Do I want to do that? I want to have a normal life," explained Mallika.  

What do you guys have to say about Mallika's revelations about the attack on her in Paris? Tell us about your thoughts in the comments section below!