Vikramaditya Motwane's Bhavesh Joshi is his most commerical film

ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 7 years ago

I'm the first one to admit that it was a flawed film - Harshvardhan Kapoor opens up on Mirzya's debacle!

NOVEMBER 16, 2016 ANKITA BHALLA 146 READS 0 COMMENTS  

Harshvardhan Kapoor's debut film Mirzya failed to strike a chord with the audience. However, Kapoor lad is unperturbed by the failure. In a candid chat session with a leading daily, Harsh opened up Mirzya's failure and how he is moving on with it.

"To be honest, I wasn't expecting Mirzya to set the box office on fire. Obviously, it would have been nicer had it opened with slightly better numbers. It wasn't a commercial film and it's safe to say that now. Actually, you don't know what is mainstream and what is not until it's really put out there. I'm also in a way discovering the sensibilities of the audience as I go along."

Harsh further added, "I'm not saying Mirzya was a perfect film. In fact, I'm the first one to admit that it was a flawed film. But most films are flawed. It was visually enchanting and musically stunning, though. And as newcomers, we didn't do anything glamourous or starry in it. I had dirt all over and sported a full grown beard. Rajasthani stable boys and warriors are like that. So, the learning is that you go from story to story. I understand people universally couldn't connect much with the film. Some people liked it and they did let me know. My next with Vikramaditya Motwane is a lot more accessible in that sense."

On Motwane's film, reportedly titled Bhavesh Joshi, the actor said, "I have shot half of the film; it's Vikram's most commercial film to date."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Hope he doesn't compromise on his sensibilties as a filmmaker in the effort to become more commercial. His two films Udaan and Lootera are two of the best films to come out of Bollywood. Hopefully this will be the third.
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
1 more DISASTER on it's way 👏
Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I think he said it was piece of art, about Mirzya.. 
Ranbirrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
He didn't learn anything from his mistakes till now
bokul thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
So he accepted his fault ?