Chudailpaapi thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
How did Bollywood lose sight of someone as good as Abhay Deol. Barring few movies, he has always done remarkable job. He is tremendously talented, good looking and he dances real well. (I just saw his salsa moves in Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd). He has good screen presence.

He has changed genre- we can't say he didn't try. He was cute in Socha Na Tha (Imitaz wanted to repeat the pair in Jab We Met), smart but lovable in Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!, good friend to have in your corner in Aisha, man floating in situation not of his own making in cult classic Ek Chalis Ki Last Local and was quite believable as somewhat honest (?)South Indian IAS officer in Shanghai. He left impact even if it was a small role in Ranjhana.

His turn as modern day Devdas is one of the best Bollywood portrayal of the character as defined by the original writer. Manorama Six Feet Under is best noir made in Bollywood- he is hauntingly brilliant in it. He even made man child lovable in Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara.

The lastest movie that starred him (that I saw) was Happy Bhag Jayegi. In the movie he looked perhaps like a paler version of his old self.

Is he like Shahid who is talented (and will get movies) but limited by some Bollywood standard. Or is he like Akshay Khanna who decided to limit him self by simply not working more. Or is he too niche of an actor to be pegged in Bollywood scheme of stardom (sort of square peg in round hole).

Who amongst the gen next actors do you think will follow his path -SSR?Edited by indfam - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DriftInfinitely thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
He is a very talented actor and I would categorise him with Akshaye Khanna, who is equally gifted but didn't quite get his due. It has been difficult for them to survive in the PR-driven world of Bollywood. 
As of now, I cannot think of any new-gen actor who is likely to replace him. Certainly not SSR, who I believe is more of a mainstream up and coming star.
Edited by DriftInfinitely - 7 years ago