Do you think this show will CLICK?

Anastacia thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 years ago

Hi everyone,

I really want to watch this show since I like watching epic/religious stories like Mahabharat and Sree Ganesh.

Will this new show about Ravan, the evil king, click amongst the audience?

Would love to hear your views.

ALSO, when is it starting in Canada/US?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

achyutsingh thumbnail
The show will click only if he doesn't make it into a "nautanki". and he doesn't mess up the things in an effort to glorify Ravan.
Else he will land up into trouble n controvercies.
memsaab thumbnail
Was Ravana as bad as he is made of? He is called the biggest villain of the universe but was he really that bad? Every coin has two sides and hence this show is going to show the other side of Rama-Ravana.
Who would spare a person who cuts your sister's ear and nose?
He kidnapped Sita but he didn't harm her..According to him, it was a political move and he didn't touch Sita...
He asked to exchange Sita with Laxman but Rama refused...
Rama is called Purushottam but was he really?

nemi thumbnail
Ravana was not really bad, blind was he in arrogance. However whatever he did was in the limitations of politics. He may have captured Sita, but never touhed her; said he, touched she shall be only when she wishes it.

desigal101 thumbnail
Ravan was cursed by MANY, which enable him to touch Sita. I don't know the real story, but whatever i read portrayed him as a womanizer, and he raped many women. It would be interesting to see how they will handle the show, i mean it is going against the established belief.

Ravan was a great devotee of Lord Shiva and was learned individual, but he used his knowledge for evil....
ammmu thumbnail
Nat Akka it already started in Canada / US 😊 On Sunday I think !

Yep, even I love to learn about our religious / cultural stories...

Raavan was also very God-fearing, as we can also see in the episode, he prays to Lord Shiva.
jigglypuff726 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

i like it very much! it is interesting!😉 and i have always wanted to learn more abt ravan. he is really a fascinating character.😛

Edited by jigglypuff726 - 17 years ago
navtour thumbnail
its a wOW--

the commercIALS were great--

but the MUSIC was not bcoz it was borowed from KISNA--

its a new point of VIEW--

very odd from the ARCHYTYPAL views we have been seeing about HINDUISM--

Butterfly108 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
I really enjoy watching Hindu mythological stories. They provide so much information. My favorite so far is Ramanand Sagar's Ramayan. This serial (Ravan) is very interesting because it shows the other side of Ramayan. We get to see another perspective of the epic. I think it will definitely click with audiences! 😃
akhl thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Hi Anastacia,
Welcome 🤗
The recent episodes are better than earlier ones. So, the serial is becoming better.
Moreover, in this forum, you will see some threads in which you will find stories related to Ravan.
There is one thread in which Umi is collecting those stories so that you can read the stories in one place.
From time to time, Shona comes up with games, which checks and also helps us learn more about scriptures.
So, welcome.