Two shot Even the greatest men fall- Chapter one Fanfiction

Posted: 7 years ago

Story name: EVEN THE GREATEST MEN FALL

Pen name: RKDEWAANA

Story summary: Orphaned rich and cold business man Dev Dixit marries young, sweet and shy Sonakshi Bose. Will Sonakshi be able to make a place for herself in his heart? 

This story is a work of fiction. Fan fiction I own nothing this is just my attempt at writing please don't criticize too harshly. Thank you. If you enjoy it please leave a like or a comment down below. This is not edited so please excuse the errors.

Sonakshi stood at the balcony watching Dev go to work.

He did not acknowledge her. She put her head down and went back inside.

She had been married a year now. It seemed like yesterday she had married him. She still failed to see what he saw in her. She was shy and awkward. She never knew what to say to him. Their conversations purely were based on questions. She would ask him if he wanted tea he would answer. He would ask her to dress up to go out she would. When they went out the painstaking silence would lengthen their trips.

She wondered if it was normal not to talk to the man you were married to.

Her phone rang she smiled as she saw the name on the phone.

"Hi Elena" She greeted with a smile.

"Sonakshi, everybody wants you to come visit us back home" Elena insisted, Sonakshi made the bed as she spoke to Elena.

"I have to ask Dev first, Elena" She said, but she doubted he would care.

"Just look at you being the perfect wife" Elena said laughing.

"Shut up. I will come later" Sonakshi promised.

"And come stay for at least two weeks." Sonakshi agreed and hung up after telling Elena to take care of herself.

"Ramu kaka, you start cutting the vegetables I will cook just now" She told Ramu kaka, their house cook-driver-cleaner-gardener.

"Beti I can make it don't worry" He said to her, Sonakshi smiled.

"I want to make it" Sonakshi said. Everyday Ramu kaka tried to do the work Sonakshi never allowed him to do anything.

{}{}{{}

Once the food was ready Sonakshi heard Dev's car. She quickly went to the door.

Dev walked in. He gave her his bag and went to his room.

Sonakshi tried to hide the hurt she felt. She put his bag away.

She laid the table out and he came down stairs.

"Dev, mama and papa have called me to go home a few days" She told him as she dished his food. From his expression she knew he did not want her to go.

"I don't have to go. I could go later" Sonakshi said quickly.

"I have colleagues coming in on Thursday for dinner. I want you to be here" He said. Sonakshi nodded and hid her disappointment.

"Can I perhaps go after then? I have not went once since we have gotten married" She pointed out softly.

Dev pushed his plate away.

"Your parents can come see you whenever they want you are not a prisoner here. I don't understand the need for making you stay over there?" He said his face growing angry.

"Ok I won't go" Sonakshi said, not wanting a fight.

Dev stood up.

"Please eat a little more" Sonakshi said.

"I have lost my appetite"

{}{}{}

Sonakshi felt a shift in the bed.

She squinted up at the clock it was past one o clock.

Dev touched her hand as he slept. She smiled.

Perhaps in another world, where he loved her, he would hold her hand like this. She pretended, she was in that world until she fell asleep.

The next morning she woke up late.

Dev had already gone to work.

Sonakshi frowned. How did she sleep through her alarm she wondered...

{}{}{}{}

She began with her day.

She texted Dev asking him what time would he want his lunch delivered. He did not reply until an hour later. Ramu kaka helped her with dinner. As today Dev's colleagues were to come.

She wore took her time to dress up.

Dev came home and saw her putting on her earrings.

He paused and stared at her for a second. When she looked at him he turned away.

"What have you cooked?" He asked her.

"Paneer, Butter chicken..."

"I told you foreigners are coming why did you make desi food?" He asked her.

"I think that since they are in India they would like Indian food"

Dev closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Ramu kaka" He shouted. Ramu kaka came into their room.

"Ji saab?"

"Go order western food for 6 please. Pay them double get it here before 8"

"Ok" Ramu kaka said and left.

"And you no need to dress too much, you are not going for a proposal" He told her and went into the bathroom. Sonakshi let go of the bangles and closed her eyes.

Trying to hold back her tears. Her phone rang.

"Hello" She answered without looking at the number.

"Sona, where are you?" Elena asked. Sonakshi had forgotten to call her and cancel.

"I am sorry, Elena I completely forgot to tell you I can't come over"

"I knew you would not come"

"Wh-at"

"Dev would miss you too much that's why he never lets you go anywhere alone" Elena laughed. Dev came into the room and frowned at her. He did not like it, when she spoke to people on the phone.

"No its nothing like that I have to go but I will talk to you later. Apna kayal rak" She said and hung up.

Before Elena said anything else.

Dev was wearing a black suit. She felt like a direct contrast next to him. Wearing white.

"I will go see if the food is ready" Sonakshi said.

She went downstairs and saw that Ramu kaka had done almost everything. She heard the sound of a car and went to the door.

Dev walked down the steps and stood next to her.

"Hello Steven and Mary, this is my wife Sonakshi. Sonakshi this is Mary and Steven they own Glacies" He greeted them, a couple they were elderly. Probably in their late 50's. Steven was almost bold but had a charming smile, While Mary's red hair was tinged with grey hair.

"Nice to meet you, welcome to our home please come in" Sonakshi said.

"Mr Dixit you never told us you had such a beautiful wife" Steven complimented.

"Your sari is beautiful Mrs Dixit" Mary told her. Sonakshi smiled and took them to the drawing room. The next car arrived a gentlemen exited the car.

Dev was busy with Mary and Steven. Sonakshi went to receive him.

"You must be Mrs Dixit" The man exclaimed with a friendly smile.

"Yes, come in and you are?"

"My name is Daniel." Daniel had bright blond hair. He was at least 30.

"Nice to meet you"

"Like wise"

Dev came to her side and shook Daniels hand.

"Where is the girlfriend?" He asked him. Daniel laughed.

"We all are not as lucky as you sir" He said smiling at Sonakshi. Dev's hand went around her waist lightly. Sonakshi looked up at him half surprised.

Dev continued his conversation with Steven while Mary and Daniel spoke about a wedding they had been too.

"Mrs Dixit do you have a nick name?" Daniel asked her.

"Shona, my parents call me Shona" She said with a smile. Dev turned sharply at her. She looked away.

"Sona doesn't that mean to sleep?" Daniel asked.

"No it means gold" Mary contested.

"It means sweet its Bengali" She said.

Mary and Daniel both awed.

"Do you mind if I call you Shona"

"N..."

"You may not. Let's eat" Dev said abruptly.

Dev made Sonakshi sit next to him.

"Mrs Dixit how long have you been married to Mr Dixit?" Daniel asked.

"A year"

"Love marriage?"

"No, arranged."

"Do people still do that?" Daniel asked shocked.

"So Daniel when are you leaving India?" Dev asked.

"I will be leaving in a week or so"

{}

The conversation continued awkwardly. Sonakshi felt Dev's hand holding hers as they told the guests goodbye.

Once they were gone he loosened his tie.

Sonakshi went to help Ramu kaka clean up.

When she finally went upstairs it was rather late. But Dev was sitting on the bed.

"Can you not sleep?" She asked him as she pulled off her jewelry.

"Why did you smile at him?" He asked her.

Sonakshi turned around confused.

"What are you talking about?" She asked him confused.

"Daniel, when he was talking to you, why did you smile at him?"

"It's polite to smile at people" Sonakshi answered shaking her head.

Dev grabbed her hands just above her elbows.

"I watch you. You smile at Ramu kaka constantly. You smile at every man that comes to this house and every man in your sight outside this house. Do you not feel any shame?"

"What are you saying?" Sonakshi said pushing his hands away.

But he relented and pulled her until her chest was against his.

"I married you because you looked innocent but I did not know you was such a schemer"

"I don't understand what you are saying. Dev you are hurting me" Sonakshi cried out as his hold became painful.

"Stop smiling at other men, don't let me find you doing it again or I will kill whoever it is" He said his eyes going ice cold. He let go of her, Sonakshi fell to the bed and gulped for air.

She could not stop the tears that ran down her cheeks.

{}{}{}{}

Sonakshi felt Dev's hand touch hers. He pulled her into his arms.

He took her. Sonakshi was used to him, taking her whenever he wanted and then soon as he was done he would distance himself from her for a while.

{}{}{}}}{}

This time it was more than a while an entire month passed.

{}{}{}{}

Life continued as normal.

Elena was sitting with Sonakshi in the sitting room.

"Are you ok?" Elena asked Sonakshi looked thin and pale.

"I had a fever. But I am taking medicine"

"And where is your Dev?" She asked.

Sonakshi frowned.

"He went to Alaska for some business he should be back in a week"

"I bet you did not tell him you were sick. If he knew he would be here in two seconds" Elena said shaking her head.

Sonakshi tried not to cry. Dev never once phoned her in the past month. He had completely frozen her out. It was perhaps the harshest from all of the times he had been cold towards her.

"Areh don't cry. I know you miss him" Elena bent down and hugged Sonakshi a tear ran down her cheek.

"Why don't you come home for a few days? We can look after you there" Elena said. Sonakshi felt weak. She allowed Elena to push her into packing a bag and going with her. She sent Dev a text. He probably would not even read it. The thought of it made another fresh wave of tears hit her.

{}{}{}{}

Dev came home earlier from his business trip than expected. He switched on his phone.

ELENA TOOK ME HOME. I WILL COME BACK IN A FEW DAYS-SONAKSHI

Sent two days ago.

He turned his car around.

And went to her parents' house.

{}{}{}{}

"Hello, I have come to pick Sonakshi up" Dev said, her father and mother ushered him inside.

"Dev beta why don't you leave her with us for a few more days?"

"I promised to take Sonakshi to Mount Abu, I cannot go back on my promise. I will send her by you later" He lied smoothly.

"Sonakshi wake up, tumhara voh aya" Elena teased.

Sonakshi coughed.

"Elena I still don't feel so good" Sonakshi said, Elena frowned and touched her head.

"You are still sick, what are we going to tell Dev"

Sonakshi turned away and pretended to sleep.

{}{}{}

"Sonakshi has not been well these days" Her father told Dev.

"Whats wrong with her?" He asked, standing up.

"She had a little fever, I think someone put eyes on her" Her mother said.

"I want to see her" Dev said. Elena came down the steps.

"She is asleep"

"Let me take her to a doctor" Dev said.

He did not wait to listen to them and went upstairs. He found her sleeping in a bed. She looked tiny. Picking her up, he carried her out.

Sonakshi woke up, hearing the sound of a machine.

Dev was sitting at her side.

"The doctor said you had a viral infection" He said, Sonakshi pointed to the water. He quickly brought it to her lips.

"Thank you" She said when he put the cup down.

{}{}{}{}

Dev spent the next few days with her in hospital until she was discharged.

{}{}{}{}

Sonakshi was better after a month. Dev had pushed his work aside and taken her to Mount Abu. For the first time she had felt that he had actually began to care about her.

"It so beautiful here" She said one morning as they walked together. Dev placed his hand around her shoulders.

"I bought the house" He said. Sonakshi's eyes widened.

"What?"

"I bought this house here. I have decided to move us here"

The house was completely away from the city.

There was no neighbors for miles.

She smiled. And hugged him. He picked her up and kissed her.

{}{}{}

"Where is my phone?" Sonakshi asked one evening Dev looked up from his laptop.

"I think maybe it was left at your parents' house" Sonakshi nodded.

"Can I use your phone than?" She asked.

"Who do you want to phone?" He asked.

"I want to phone mama and papa"

"I have phoned them" Dev said softly.

Sonakshi nodded and tried to smile. Dev opened his arms out she went to sit on his lap. He held her as he worked.

After a few hours, he placed a bracelet on her wrist. It was silver with blue beads.

"What is this for?" She asked.

"I was going to give it to you when I came home from Alaska. Someone there told me it keeps the person who wears it safe. These blue lan stones" He said pointing at them.

Sonakshi smiled.

"I love it" She said.

{}{}{}

Dev stared at the picture that glared at him. His mother with Prial Saxena on the front cover of the times.

Once a wh**e always a wh**e. He thought to himself.

Sonakshi was cooking he could see her cutting vegetables. Sonakshi was nothing like his mother he had made sure of it before he married her.

He had known with one look into her eyes she would be easy to deal with. She was soft spoken, she did not wear revealing clothing and new how to take care of his home.

Everything his mother had not been.

Sonakshi looked up and smiled at him.

He could not help but smile back. He felt lighter than he had in months. He had been struggling to keep himself from falling like his father did but he did fall. His father's words came back to him, even the strongest men fell.

{}{][]

Sonakshi was walking outside when she spotted a snow white rabbit. She could not help but follow it.

"Mr Rabbit come here" She told the rabbit. But it hopped away. After a few minutes Sonakshi realized she had wondered quite a bit away from the house.

{}{}{}

The sun began to set.

"Ramu kaka, Where is Sonakshi?"

"I saw her walking outside the gates"

"And you did not stop her"

{}{}{}{}
Sonakshi began to cry as it got dark.

She began to hear strange sounds. She walked backwards. And bounded into someone turning around seeing Dev. She wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Dev, I am so scared" She began to cry but he was completely still.

He did not talk to her and grabbed her wrist and dragged her home.

"Were you trying to run away?" He asked her furiously. His hands were clenched.

"No" Sonakshi hiccupped through her tears.

"Don't lie"

"Dev"

"All of you are the same. I let you into my life. When you don't even deserve to be in my life, you are just a middle class girl, who was lucky to marry someone like me" He shouted at her. 
"What are you saying" Sonakshi cried.

"Go take your things and get out"

"Dev I love you, please don't do this"

"Nikal jao. I don't want to see you ever again"

"Dev I will die without you. Please I never run away. I was outside and I got lost" Sonakshi cried.

But Dev already had gone into the house and locked the doors.

Sonakshi crumpled to the floor and cried.

{}{}{}

TO BE CONTINUED...

Edited by RKDEWAANA - 7 years ago
Intriguing one... different shades of dev and sona 
Waiting for the next part update soon
I was not able to stop once I started reading. The past haunting the present and leaving no chance for a future. To live with such a man is very difficult unless you know the person inside out. If Dev is able to open up to Sonakshi regarding the wounds he still carries she can be that solace and balm to his festering wounds. If only she was able to know
please do continue.
Edited by gmgi - 7 years ago
Such an Intriguing and Captivating start

Dev's mother must have ran away or left his father and that's prbably the reason he has been cold towards Sonakshi even though he knew she was innocent and dressed with modesty he never made any attempt in conversation
he is possessive too and hates the idea that she smiles with men but the fact that he dislikes her going to her parents home or talking to them is horrible for her
I'm sure he bought the house so they can be away from people more like protecting himself but the moment Sonakshi gets lost Dev thinks she wanted to run away and does not even listen to her

I'm eagerly waiting for next part
Reading this story means watch a suspense Movie.. Totaly Loved it..do cont. Soon...
Wow superb 
Please continue soon 
Waiting for update
This one is so good plz update fast
It was amazing!!
But Dev is behaving like a paranoid...
Hope everything is fine in the end.
Please cont soon