Karan Johar lashes out at Vidhu Vinod Chopra and Sonu Nigam

JackSparrowcraz thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago

Karan Johar has indirectly taken a dig at filmmaker Vidhu Vinod Chopra and singer Sonu Nigam for their recent remark on Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, by calling them "irresponsible" and "self-important".

Johar, 44, lashed out on Twitter following the backlash for Anushka Sharma's dialogue in his film, where the actress says, "Mohammad Rafi? Woh gaate kam rote zyada the na?" "Filmmakers making irresponsible remarks at events.. Singers reveling in self importance... Press releases sent to mask insecurities! Ufff...," he wrote.

Sonu, 43, also took to the micro-blogging site and gave a quick response to Johar by tweeting, "So it's all about loving your family, and disrespecting others'!! And this is not revelling in Self Importance. UFFF..."

The singer had supported Rafi's son Shahid, who slammed Johar for disrespecting the late legend in his film, saying, "If you can listen to the same joke about your parents then we are wrong.

"If your blood boils that how can someone say something like this about my parents, then hum sahi hain." Meanwhile, during a special screening of Priyanka

Chopra-produced Marathi film "Ventilator", when Chopra was asked about the remark on Rafi in Johar's film, he had said, "The name of the film that you took I haven't seen it. And I don't intend to watch it. I have no interest."

Edited by JackSparrowcraz - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DriftInfinitely thumbnail
Sonu and VVC are entitled to their opinions. 
KJo should be the last one mocking others for getting offended, considering he and Twinkle were moaning and complaining that Naseeruddin Shah has no business saying that Rajesh Khanna was a bad actor.
JackSparrowcraz thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: DriftInfinitely

Sonu and VVC are entitled to their opinions. 

KJo should be the last one mocking others for getting offended, considering he and Twinkle were moaning and complaining that Naseeruddin Shah has no business saying that Rajesh Khanna was a bad actor.

"The drama queen" er e r.
clairvoyance thumbnail
Was it he same kjo who was teary eyed at a video message days before  film release.
try to be humble kjo.. he kept silent when big big people were saying him much more nasty things

so if he didnt react then  why now?

i miss KJO of 90;s of kal ho naa ho times.. todays karan johar is most manipulative and fake

karan hated when ajay devgn announced shivaay on diwali date..

but this was the same karan who was rooting for dilwale against bhansalis bajirao mastani last year 2015 . He knew Dilwale jumped on their date.  Moreover he always tweets about big releases but from bajirao mastani trailer release in july  to film release in december he had no comments  for the film and his friends ranveer, deepika but he one sided with rohit shettys dilwale. promoting it

he should have understood that dilwale team is wrong to come on same date

but when it happened with him he fellt the pinch.

just wait few more years KJo will be noone..Nobody's fame is permanent...

Edited by clairvoyance - 7 years ago
DriftInfinitely thumbnail
^^ Didn't Shivaay announce the date first?
clairvoyance thumbnail
ADHM as diwali released was announced much earlier and screens blocked much earlier too
Inquisitivesoul thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Sounds so unlike PC. She is usually so politically correct. If indeed she did say it, I say, kudos to her.High time she called out on the cold wars of Bollywood.
Sherlock. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
KJO such a loser. He was the first one supporting twinkle with regards to Rajesh Khanna controversy.
Hope soon someone jokes on Yash Johar and let us see what KJo has to say.
Sherlock. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Vidhu chopra commented and not PC 😭 Edited by shanky1 - 7 years ago
bokul thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
all said and done it seems public have chosen ADHM over Shivaay