Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Dean tunes in
Dean Palash asked the Academy students to meet him on gala stage. Once gathered, he proceeded to explain stage mannerisms to them, Palash style. He gave them many pointers. He told them how to make use of the mike stand. He told them how to make use of the stage space. He told them how not to be on the stage. Singing a song, he took off his leather jacket and threw it on stage. He explained them not to pick it up during the performance, indeed not to pay any further attention to it. What he was trying to convey was the Rock star attitude. He showed them ten different styles to walk on stage. Never keep your legs together, he advised and never show your back to the audience for more than three seconds. He taught them how to make wide gestures and asked them to stop hiding themselves on stage. He asked Rakesh to demonstrate what he's learned and Rakesh's performance looked really different after absorbing these fundas. He observed that Neeti was gesturing in a boringly conservative style and helped her make it interesting. After a session with the master performer, the students suddenly seemed prepared to take on the world. But Palash wasn't going to let them go that easily. He asked them to get ready for a voting round. Confused by this order, as there are only two contestants this time in the Danger Zone, the students couldn't make up their minds. Dean Palash then explained that he didn't want them to vote for just those two but for everybody. He wanted them each to pick one student they didn't think deserved to be in the Academy at this point. Initially the students were reluctant to name any fellow contestants and tried to find an easy way out by naming themselves as the weakest one. But the Dean saw through this tactic immediately and insisted that they vote truthfully, explaining that this kind of feedback would actually prove helpful in the long run. Neeti and Rehan picked Rakesh for his lack of dancing ability. Banjo picked Ritu for not showing her full potential and Ritu returned the compliment by picking Banjo for not singing well. Rakesh, Ashutosh and Anandrupa all picked Neeti as they felt that even though she was consistent in her performance, she hadn't done anything different and not taken any chances. Dean Palash agreed with their appraisals and released the relieved lot. For the first time in the history of the show, Dean Palash had chosen Star of the week who was in the Danger Zone. It was Ashutosh. Dean wanted to give a gift to this smashing performer. He and Banjo cooked up a plan. They planted Ashu's gift in his cupboard and the Dean, sitting in his room called for Ashu. An unsuspecting Ashu was asked by the Dean to get his jacket. Ashu went to the boys room, lifted the jacket which was lying on the bed and returned to the Dean's room. The Dean then asked him to fetch a shirt, figuring now he will have to open his cupboard. And he did. Only he didn't notice the gift behind all his other stuff and returned once again to the Dean's room. While an astonished Banjo and Rehan kept wondering how Ashu could miss the big bundle of beautifully wrapped paper, the Dean once again made some excuse about changing Ashu's dress style and sent him back to his room. A completely baffled Ashu opened his cupboard for the second time and finally noticed the blue bundle. It was a Saxophone, something Ashu loves to play. The true cause of his forced visits to the cupboard dawned upon him and a very thankful Ashu hugged his beloved Dean with happy gratitude. The Dean called them in the music room to make an announcement. They were supposed to compose a tune, he said, that would reflect the Academy's theme. Just to make it interesting, he would divide them into two groups and the winning tune would be selected to be written and composed by the Dean himself. As the excited students listened eagerly, he told them that they will play the song along with his band 'Euphoria'. And that's exactly how one can describe the student's reactions. They were 'euphoric' on hearing the news and eagerly started working on the tunes.

What did they come up with is something we will see on the next episode.

Edited by monika.goel - 17 years ago
shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9

Visa International and SAB TV have come together to present a big opportunity to the contestants of Fame X. The winner will not only receive a prestigious contract with Sony BMG, but will also get to sing the 'Inspire India cricket anthem' for the Indian cricket team competing in the forthcoming ICC Cricket World Cup 2007 in West Indies.

The anthem will be composed by Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy. Music composer Shankar says, "We are very excited about composing the anthem. I am confident that the song will rock. The song will be our tribute to the Indian cricket team." The music video will feature the 1983 cricket stars Mohinder Amarnath, Syed Kirmani and Kris Srikanth and will symbolise India's support, passion, encouragement and inspiration for our cricketers.

http://www.deccan.com/Sunday%20Chronicle/Sunday%20ChronicleD escription.asp#Fame%20X%20winner%20to%20sing%20cricket%20ant hem

virgoqueen thumbnail

Hostess in the hotseat

Ansy Austin
Thursday, February 01, 2007 23:59 IST

Anchor of 'Fame X', Shilpa Saklani, speaks on husband Apoorva Agnihotri and launching her production house
For someone who has taken a break from acting for almost 6-8 months, it doesn't seem to be anywhere on the anvil now.
Hubby first
Shilpa Saklani reasons, "I took a break because I wanted to spend time with my husband (actor Apoorva Agnihotri). I like to reach home before him and cook for him. He is the first priority in my life."
She further adds, "I am anchoring two shows and money is not a problem at home," she says about being able to afford such a long break in this competitive industry.
Happy hostess
Having hosted 'Rin Mera Star Super Star' and currently hosting 'Fame X' (SAB), Shilpa feels that an overdose of anything is boring, "I have acted a lot. That is why I am hosting now. But again if I do it in excess, I may get stressed with that too," she says.
Sophie vs Shilpa
Talking about replacing Sophie Chaudhary who was the initial host of this show Shilpa says, "Sophie was fabulous as a host. She has been VJing and anchoring much before me. It's just that sometimes you are not meant to be somewhere."
'Fame X'
"My experience hosting 'Fame X' has been fabulous. I love the entire team," asserts Shilpa with a wide smile. Shilpa feels that Aditya Jassi who has been voted out of the show is the most promising contestant. She adds that if there is a wild card entry then she would wish that contestant Sammy Rajdeep should come in again.
Screen spouse
After having played a role in 'Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin' along with Apoorva, will we get to see her playing a role with her hubby in the near future? Shilpa recollects, "I was a crazy fan of Apoorva since 'Pardes'. His character in 'Jassi…' was like an icing on the cake.
So, of course I would love to work with my husband." Shilpa however turns a bit grim when asked whether she would like to work in 'Kajjal' (Sony) in which Apoorva plays the boss.
"No not in 'Kajjal'." On second thoughts she adds, "It is a good soap, it's just that it's taking time to reach across." She adds that she would love to see Apoorva play an air force officer and reveals, "Apoorva always wanted to be a pilot."
Futurescope
About the future Shilpa says, "I don't plan anything. I just go with the flow." Shilpa however does not see herself acting for too long. She hopes to launch a production house and within a year and a half she sees herself starting a family.
Edited by virgoqueen - 17 years ago
monika.goel thumbnail
Episode 50: Cleanliness is next to godliness!
The six remaining contestants gathered for breakfast. They were missing their fellow contestants who had been voted out. Banjo remembered Adi, Ashu and Sammy, his partners in crime, Rehan remembered Priyanka who wouldn't eat much and Neeti missed Jyotika, who had been her best friend in the academy. Dean Palash, feeling the pulse of the students, called them into the music room. He surprised them by giving them a CD. They were video messages from the ex-Fame X-ians. Trupti, who was the first to go, but perhaps the most talented of them all, urged them not to forget her. Adi remembered the 'shaitani' they used to do as a group. Arunima missed lending a ear to everybody's worries, while Jyotika missed Neeti's ritual morning and evening good luck kiss. Priyanka was worried about who would wash Rakesh's smelly socks. And Alok mimicked Banjo singing paji. Priyanka had sent gifts for everyone. Banjo got a miniature piano, while Rehan got a big thank you note and promise to watch her diet. The boys were playing pool when the girls barged in. They had gone looking for the guys in their room and had found a messy, smelly room. However, their requests to clean up fell on deaf ears. The boys were not willing to do any physical activity. Finally, the girls challenged them to a contest in which they would clean the boy's room and vice versa. The boys gladly accepted the challenge. And so while the girls cleaned the boy's room, the boys relaxed in the girl's already clean room. Then it was time for Sowmya's training session. She advised Rakesh to understand the audience's mentality. Rehan was his usual effortless self. Anandrupa still had not lost her childish accent and Sowmya asked her to correct that. Neeti performed flawlessly and Sowmya didn't have any criticism for her.

Banjo and Ritu are in Danger Zone and one of them will be evicted this Friday.

monika.goel thumbnail
Episode 49: Banjo stoutness v/s Ritu's pouting
Fame Kudi Shilpa called both the Danger Zonists for caf round. She asked Palash how they had performed during the audition round. Palash remembered Ritu as a very quiet girl pouting in a corner. But when she started singing, there was a complete transformation. She can be a Diva, he said. Banjo was, of course, noticeable for his girth. What came immediately after was his sense of humour. I kept laughing for the next half an hour, Palash said. In solo performances, Banjo sang Bhige hoth tere beautifully. Judge Daler actually gave him a compliment for his singing. Ritu sang Mera rang de basanti chola in Sonu Nigam style. Clever Ganesh immediately noticed the different singing style and pointed it out, praising Ritu for it. Banjo remembered a prank the Fame X-ians pulled on Ritu. She was a good friend of Ashu. The Fame X-ians pretended that Banjo was upset with this and told Ritu so. And the next few hours poor Ritu was trying to 'manao' Banjo, who smugly enjoyed the attention and revealed the prank only when he had his fill. In the jugalbandi round, Ritu started off with Lambi judai. Banjo returned with Woh lamhe. Ritu sang Ishq kabhi kariyo na and Banjo finished it off with Palash's Aage jane Ram kya hoga. In Mentos-Dimag ki batti jalaye round, Shilpa asked Ritu if she was late for her own concert how she would handle the crowd. In true Diva style, Ritu said that first she would throw flying kisses to them and then floor them with an item number like Bachke tu rehana. Shilpa then asked Banjo what he would do if during riyaaz with paji, khana arrives. Banjo, with mock politeness, answered that with paji's permission he would eat the food as paji's ashirwad. Banjo's motto in life—pehle pet pooja, fir kaam dooja!

In the end, both of them appealed earnestly to the people of India to vote for them. One who stays will get a chance to be the Fame X champion.

monika.goel thumbnail
Nikhil Chinappa shot to fame when he won the MTV VJ Contest in 1996 and now anchors the hugely popular show, MTV Select. Before that, he was a radio jockey on Madras FM, nicknamed 'Flavour Boy'. Chinappa DJs in his free time and wants to own a radio station. He has also acted in a film, Snip, with Sophia Haque. The craziest thing you've done? Removed my safety line when I once went rock climbing. I was 250 feet above the ground. Your best traits? I'm a good listener. And your worst? I don't suffer fools gladly. I have an explosive temper. If you could blow up a million bucks in one day, what would you spend it all on? I'd convert an aircraft hanger into a huge club. Bring in the sound system, lights, and dress the place up like a Spanish mansion. Fly in my favourite DJ on a private plane and have a GINORMOUS free party! What makes you laugh? Calvin and Hobbes and the cartoonist Ponnappa. What is the last book you read and liked and why? The Curious Incident of The Dog in the Nightdress. That's Nightdress, not Night-Time. The book is written in a cock- ney accent... I loved what it did inside my head! Two guests you'd love to have home for dinner and why? Any two of my friends. I don't like having people I don't know very well at home. What would you wear on a hot date? A smile, and deodorant. Your favourite ghar ka khana? Coorg style pork curry. Which period in history would you like to live in? A few years ago – 1988, the sum- mer of love and dance in Ibiza! Your worst nightmare? Don't really have one. I think losing my hearing would be it. Can't imagine life without music. Where would you like to go on your dream date? Underwater! Diving, sunsets, beaches, candlelight, yada yada. But you've got to have an underwater (no pun intended) experience. The stress buster that always works for you? Putting on my first record at a gig. Playing music always releases tension for me. Your favourite one-liner? I'm sorry, I don't do requests. (When I'm playing at a club.) Your dream machine is… A Technics 1210 turntable, ac- tually. And the Maserati cars are just sublime! The sexiest woman you can think of? What makes her sexy? I married her – Pearl. It is in the way she plays music, her body language, the tunes, the expres- sion on her face.
shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9

Shilpa Saklani was taking things easy after the generation leap happened in Kyunki…She was enjoying her well deserved break since hubby Apoorva too was on holiday after his serial Jassi wound up. But now she is back to work and apart from already anchoring a talent hunt show, she is set to take on a another one too and will be back to being a prominent character in Kyunki... The actress talks about her career and how satisfied she is with the way things are turning out for her.

Q How was the experience of hosting Mera Star Super Star since it was your first anchoring job?
I was very raw at anchoring when I took up the job. Having never hosted a show or even an award function, I was aware of my limitations. But I did a satisfactory job. I think, in a way, acting does prepare you to be a decent anchor, if not an excellent one. Also one's confidence and command over language plays a major role. I had a good time and carried myself pretty well through the show.

QWhat made you agree to anchor Fame X suddenly?
Mera Star was made by Endemol which is also making Fame X. In fact, they had offered me the show before it came on air but things didn't work out at that time. When Sophie left Fame X they requested me to take over. I couldn't refuse them because of the working relationship I have developed with Endemol. Besides, Mera Star was also winding up. I am glad that I agreed to host Fame X because it's a very exciting show.

QWhat's your take on talent hunts and reality based shows?
These shows bring too much pressure with them. I had done Nach Baliye and remember the pressure I went through. That's why I can empathise with the contestants of Fame X. They need someone to boost their morale and encourage them. As an anchor my job is to interact and encourage them. If I pat their backs and put a hand around their shoulders it goes a long way in boosting their confidence. My job is to give them positive vibes.

QWhat do you think about the Fame X contestants? Are they really talented and do they have that extra X factor in them?
I wasn't too impressed with them initially. Not that they are not good singers, but they have to show the X factor, which requires them to perform while singing. However, with lot of practice they have all improved a lot.

QYou have been off acting for the last six months. Are you looking at getting back to it once Fame X winds up in another six weeks?
Not really. My finances are in good shape at the moment. I am not looking at doing too much work because my priorities are my marriage, my husband and his needs. I like to be at home when he comes back after work. It might sound odd or too traditional for a modern girl to talk like this but that's the way I am. That's why I am not looking at doing a daily soap. But I am definitely talking to people for roles that do not require me to work 25 days in a month.

QWhat about Kyunki? When are you going to be back in the show?
I was supposed to come back some time ago and they have also been asking me to return. I have been part of the show for four and half years and I can't say no to the show. I should be back in Kyunki very soon.

http://www.deccan.com/Sunday%20Chronicle/Sunday%20ChronicleD escription.asp#Apoorva,%20marriage%20are%20top%20priorities

monika.goel thumbnail

Anandrupa
Neeti
Rehan Khan

monika.goel thumbnail
Episode 58: Grooming session for future icons
Dean Palash called a parent-teacher meeting. He had prepared report cards of the three remaining contestants. He had only praise for Rehan, but felt sometimes he got a little tense on stage. Anandi, he felt, had improved a lot, but she needed to strengthen herself mentally. Neeti was always his favourite student and he told her parents that she had also topped the academy with 89.88 per cent. The students were thrilled by the encouragement, but that didn't mean they were pardoned from their daily training sessions. The morning workouts, riyaaz with panditji et al were done as rigorously as before. But now that the Grand Finale was near, they were also taken to the best professionals in the industry for further grooming. Vikram Phadnis, the industry's top style designer, personally went over their wardrobe and made some great suggestions. He selected new clothes for them that underlined their individual styles. He gave them new hairstyles that truly brought out the X factor in all three of them. With this new avatar, they went to another of the industry's legends. Ace photographer Dubboo Ratnani was to shoot their portfolios. He made sure each knew how to show their best face. The instructions he gave them was a lesson for the contestants, who would soon enter the world of showbiz. Not surprising then that their portfolios came out great. The three remaining finalists made their first public appearance at a children's party. After being cooped up for over two months, they never really had an idea of how famous they had become. Now, for the first time, they were asked autographs and they realised what a fan following they had earned.

One of the three will be the Fame X champion, but all three seem slated for stardom!

Episode 57: A surprise eviction

The gala episode of the final week kicked off with the Chal udiye video made by the academy students. Then Fame Kudi Shilpa welcomed the judges and the faculty onto the stage. She also invited the four remaining contestants. The four had a great surprise waiting for them in the wings. Shilpa revealed that their families were present and invited them to sit along with their children. There was to be an additional judge for this episode. Shilpa invited the renowned singer and composer Hariharan, who sang a song from his latest album. Once he took his seat, the competition began. There were two rounds today, the first being 'Traditional and folk songs'. Rehan was the first to go. He sang the famous Marathi comedian Dada Kondke's hit number Dhagala laglee kal. Daler was very happy with Rehan's singing. Ganesh was impressed with his dancing, but Hariharan advised him not to try very complicated steps on stage. Neeti sang the popular Rajasthani folk song Maare hivda mien. She was so good that Ganesh actually got up from his seat and gave her a hug. Daler paji was not happy. He felt she had gone wrong in 13 places, but everyone else including Nikhil and Hariharan were of the opinion that it was an extremely difficult song to sing and dance to and Neeti had done it very well. Anandrupa sang the Bareily song Zumka gira re. Daler felt that she had faltered a bit in the beginning, but then carried it off well. Ganesh particularly liked her singing daiyya, which came out properly. Dean Palash gave her his favourite compliment 'Tumi fatafati'. Rakesh sang Pinjde wali muniya. Ganesh liked the fact that he smiled throughout his performance. Nikhil thought he had the X factor in abundance and Hariharan praised his singing, but advised him to improve his 'taan'. The theme for the second round was 'Remix'. Rehan sang Jane ke jane na. Daler re-emphasised his opinion that Rehan was a very good singer. Ganesh told him that he had a bright future. Nikhil liked his look this time and said he had improved a lot over time. Hariharan liked that he had tackled difficult songs with variety. Neeti sang Dekhle, aankho mein ankhen dal. It was a good performance and Daler liked it, too. Hariharan said it was simply amazing, but Ganesh was partial to her first performance. Anandrupa sang Kanta laga. Hariharan advised her to open up her voice. Daler actually refused to give any comments and Nikhil said she could have projected more sex appeal. Finally Rakesh sang Zalak dikhla jaa. Ganesh advised him to go with the beats, which was exactly what Hariharan advised him, too. Daler had problems with the song itself, so he didn't comment much on Rakesh's performance. At this point Fame Kudi Shilpa said that this gala round was also a surprise eviction round. Only this time it won't be the people of India who would decide, but the judges. The one with lowest marks would have to leave the academy. She finally revealed that Rakesh Sharma had scored the lowest and would have to leave. Rakesh took it in good spirit and said that as far as he was concerned, he had won. He sang a few lines of Gore kale ka bhed nahi ending it with Chattisgad ka rahne wala hun and Bharatmata ki jay.

Rehan, Neeti and Anandrupa are the finalists. One of the three will be the Fame X champion.

monika.goel thumbnail
Episode 56: Ritu exits the academy
Fame Kudi Shilpa invited Rakesh and Ritu onto the stage. Their parents joined them. In a video presentation, Rakesh and Ritu talked about their parents. Ritu, who is from a small village, thanked her father for supporting her and her talents in a society where most girls were married early. Rakesh, who had experienced poverty firsthand, said his mother always supported his passion for singing. Even judges Daler and Ganesh reminisced about their early days when their parents did special things for them like making their favourite food or going to temples and praying for them. When Shilpa said that Dean Palash was more like a father to the students, he came on stage and stood between the two contestants to support them in their time of need. Fame Kudi Shilpa finally revealed the name of the winning contestant. Rakesh had won by an overwhelming 71 per cent. That meant Ritu had to leave the academy. Shilpa asked Ritu if she would miss the academy. Ritu broke down and apologised to her father. Her father consoled her by saying he was with her and asked her not to lose courage. Ritu sang Aa bhi jaa as her parting song.

The four remaining contestants will now perform in Monday's gala round.

Episode 55: The tension is building

The five remaining contestants are not getting any time to slack. The moment they wake up, Leena Mogre takes them into hand and ensures everyone gets a good workout. Now that Banjo is not in the academy, her target is Rehan. Though he tries to make excuses to avoid physical activity, Leena doesn't allow him to shirk his exercises. After the workout and breakfast, the contestants rush to the choreo session. The choreographer perfects their steps and makes them rehearse till they get it right. Rakesh, however, still has trouble getting it right. The choreographer has a tough time trying to think up simple yet powerful steps for him. Panditji conducts his vocal training class with great sincerity. And this is one session that the contestants truly enjoy. Everyone tries to contribute and riyaaz is done very strictly. Daler paji's comments of not having pakka sur make the contestants work even harder at these sessions. All the activity doesn't really give them any spare time. But sometimes they chill out by the pool table. But the stress that the contestants are under usually manifests itself at this time. This time it was a showdown between Anandrupa and Ritu. Ritu, who is in the caf round, is already quite tense because she feels her chances of eviction are more than Rakesh's. Anandrupa is also under stress because she has been struggling in Mumbai for a while now and this is her big chance, which she does not want to let go. A chance remark started the argument and within seconds it turned ugly. Rehan tried to intervene, but Ritu lashed out at him and a new argument brewed. Finally, they made up and were seen smiling again. But it showed the level of tension that has built among the contestants.

With such talent and such personalities, there is little doubt that the final is going to be explosive.