Fame X

Fame X Synopsis/Articles: No Comments - Page 8

virgoqueen thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Episode 18: Sunday was no funday!
Dean Palash decided to regiment the life of the Academy students. He appointed Neeti and Rehan as monitors because they had given the best performances in the last gala round and asked them to look over the students' tasks. What do we know about Neeti? This tikhee mirchi has trained in Bharatnatyam and Carnatic music for five years. A conservative girl, she says her personality changed completely after coming to the Academy. She wishes to be remembered even after the show. Rehan, Mumbai's tapori, loved music right from childhood. His mother and father fondly remember how he used to sing and ask them to sing along. His sister said he was very naughty, but that he had a pure heart and wished him lots of luck. Rehan also revealed the secret of his bandana. He had received 25 stitches after an accident and the scars are still visible on his ear. He wears the bandana to hide the bad memories. On Sunday morning, the students were asked to clean the Academy. Rising early in the morning was a big task for them. Then Rehan and Neeti took over and allotted various tasks to the students. Adi was given a fadaka and asked to wipe the furniture clean. He did it, but not without cursing 'Mirza Galib', his nickname for Rehan and planning how he and the others would murder him after the day's work was done. Arunima was cleaning the girls' room and found so much hair on the floor that wondered why the girls weren't bald already. Banjo, as usual, was at his best. Funny side up, he held a broom in one hand and a guitar in the other and asked the people to make a choice for him. Next it was time for the fitness regime. Rehan did 20 push-ups without much pushing actually done. Spot jogging and stretching stretched the time and finally the trainer, feeling the heat, let the students go without further torture. The hungry bunch of contestants was eager to have their breakfast and they did, but with a twist. This time they had to prepare it themselves. Banjo was conned into the task of making juice and kept squeezing fruits throughout the morning. A smiling Adi gladly drank a quarter glass of Banjo's effort. Now it was time for a riyaaz session. Tendons hurting, tummies full, the contestants were happy to stretch their voices for a change. This time the riyaaz was fantastic. Everyone sang well. Priyanka and Jyotika were retained for further training for the caf round and the rest of the contestants left for choreography session. In choreo, special work was done on Rakesh's dancing. The poor guy really struggled to put his feet together but ended up making everyone laugh. But after being in the Danger Zone for poor dancing he seemed keen to improve. At lunch, someone remembered mom's cooking and that triggered off a series of memories. Ritu was missing her sister's adrak wali chai, Jyotika was missing her pet names her parents call her, Banjo was missing his mom's Chinese cuisine and Adi was missing his mom's hug. The emotion was so universal and sincere that Anandrupa's crying represented everybody. A quick session with Sowmya helped the students pinpoint their weaknesses and they took the chance to improve upon that.

The long day ended with everyone singing a special song for their beloved Dean. Priyanka and Jyotika will compete in the caf round tomorrow.

Edited by virgoqueen - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Episode 19: Long live girl power!
Fame Kudi Shilpa invited the two girls, chulbuli Jyotika and Marwadi tadka Priyanka onto the stage. They began with a jugalbandi that rocked the stage. Priyanka's Golmaal was answered by Jyotika's Bachke tu rahna. Priyanka belted out a Spanish number and Jyotika returned it with the Marathi Aika dajiba. Priyanka's Marwadi folk song was a match for Jyotika's Hasta huwa noorani chehra. Shilpa then asked the Dean what had made him leave the Fame Academy. Dean Palash explained that he did not have any bitterness towards the jury and that whatever problems there had been were sorted out. It was an emotional decision and he felt sad that it had happened. Just then Daler paji sang a verse which expressed his emotions and hugged Palash. Then Shilpa turned to Jyotika and asked who her favourite woman was. Jyotika replied that it was her mom. Priyanka, however, had a new woman in her life—her bhabhi. Her brother had recently got married and Priyanka was glad that now they had a majority of females in the house. Sowmya said that girl power was strong tonight. She said Anandrupa had lost 4-5 kg and jokingly asked Banjo how much he had lost. Banjo retorted that Anandi had lost most of that weight from her cranium. Dean Palash joined in the fun by saying that in the Academy there were either males or no males. He joked further by saying that without men the girls' beauty wouldn't be appreciated. It was a fun debate that brought smiles to the faces of those present. The it was time for the solo performances. Jyotika sang Laga laga laga premrog and Priyanka sang Hamko maloom hai. Both were brilliant and the jury said as much. In a fun question round, Daler asked Priyanka what she would do on a date with Ganesh. She replied that she would dance in the desert of Jaisalmeer with him. Then Ganesh asked Jyotika what she would do if she ever got a chance to ride on a bike with John Abraham. Jyotika said, "Raham kar."

Finally, both of them appealed to the people of India to vote for them.

Edited by monika.goel - 17 years ago
monika.goel thumbnail
Episode 20: We'll miss you, Jyotika
Fame Kudi Shilpa brought the two Danger Zone contestants, Jyotika and Priyanka, onto the stage. Both of them seemed confident and ready to face any outcome. Daler was absent because of prior commitments and Palash because of health reasons. The contestants felt Dean Palash's absence sorely, but he sent them a video message apologising for not being there. He wished the contestants luck. He said that no matter what the decision was, in his eyes, both of them were stars and he would always respect their talents. He ended the message by asking them to stay "mahfooz". Priyanka acknowledged Palash's encouragement and Jyotika said that to her the Dean was like a father figure. Fame Kudi Shilpa announced that the contestant who got voted out would get a parting gift—a VISA card worth Rs 15,000. Then she asked Sowmya what she thought of the students. In Sowmya's opinion, Jyotika had matured a lot since she came to the Academy and felt Priyanka looked like a rock star. Priyanka's family wished her lots of luck. Her mom had asked a jyotshi about Priyanka's future and he had assured her that Priyanka had a career in music. Jyotika's brother sang a song for her and her mother came on the sets to wish her daughter luck. Shilpa asked Ganesh what he valued most, luck or hard work. Ganesh was in favour of hard work. Luck, he said, would strike sooner or later but one must be prepared when it does and that can only be achieved through hard work. Shilpa then revealed the name of the contestant India had voted for. Priyanka won by 63 per cent votes. Priyanka was very moved by the decision and confessed that she hadn't expected to win. She had confided her fears to Sowmya who had given her courage. She also admitted to her informal bet with fellow contestants. Now that she had won, she would have to wash their clothes! And turn a non-vegetarian.

Jyotika was sad, but she proved that she had indeed matured—she left the Academy with great poise. The little girl had grown up and perhaps that was the best lesson she learned in the Academy. Nobody could stop their tears when she left. We'll surely miss you, Jyotika. Goodbye!

monika.goel thumbnail

No entry for Daler!

The judge was adamant to visit the Fame X Academy, even though it is against the rule of the show

Back to Section Stories

Ranjib Mazumder

Na na na na na re... Daler Mehndi
SAB TV's new reality show, Fame X, seems to be in troubled waters. After Sophie Chaudhary's eviction, it is Daler Mehndi, who went out in the open with his desire to visit the Fame X Academy to interact with the students, even though it is against the rules of the Academy.

According to a source in the production house, "The students in the Academy are petrified of Dalerji's harsh remarks. Of late, it has even started showing on their performances. Apparently, this has made the judge very upset. So, after this week's gala round, Dalerji insisted on entering the Academy, where no one is allowed to enter except Palash Sen who is the Dean of the Academy. Dalerji created a big hullabaloo on entering the Academy and interacted with the students. As the students are frightened of Dalerji, his interaction with them is surely going to impact their future performances."

Another source said, "There is a certain format of the show and it cannot undergo any changes. But, Daler being the judge was too adamant to meet the students and gave a tough time to the crew members."

Daler Mehndi is currently in Bangkok for a live performance. His spokesperson said, "It is true that the students are petrified of Daler. He entered the Academy as he wanted to interact with the students. As he is one of the judges, there is nothing wrong if he wanted to talk to the students." But, what about Daler breaking the rules of the show's format? "Things can change for the better. It was just an attempt to make things smoother and better," added Daler's spokesperson.

Priya Mishra, programming head of Sab TV, said, "I know that Daler has been quite strict about his judgement. And the students have to accept the fact, although they are terrified of him. But, I don't want to comment on his entry to the Academy.

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9

While on Nach Baliye, the finale of season two was much tamer than the first. Hussain and Tina had out danced every pair in the competition and the result was a foregone conclusion. The channel tried to induce some interest by announcing three other titles like 'damdaar jodi'(Bakhtyaar-Tanaaz) and 'jodidaar' jodi(Rasik-Ketki), but the act that put some real spark into the finale was the Munnabhai act put together by Shabbir Ahluwalia and Rajiv Paul, who played Circuit to Shabbir's Munna. The lyrics of the songs they danced to and their take offs on the NB judges and participants were zesty, with the right bite of self-directed criticism.

Shilpa Saklani has slipped into the skin of Fame X anchor pretty effortlessly. This week, 'girl power' was exhibited as Jyotika and Priyanka pitted their vocal skills against each other, with Saklani stridently egging them on. If lung power is what TV talent shows expect from the hosts, Saklani does provide that. She sticks to the script, exults with each performance and yelps Fame X Chal Udiye Woooo! before each break. If only she would go easy on the pancake.

http://www.indiantelevision.com/headlines/headlines_frame.ht m?itvid=/special/boxpopuli/y2k6/dec/boxpopuli33.htm

shruti thumbnail
Biggest no shows of 2006
   By: the Hitlist team
   December 27, 2006

Different. Ground-breaking. Unusual. These were just some of the many adjectives that were used to describe these shows. But in the end, they all towed the 'been there-done that' line and ended up as the biggest turkeys of the year.

Fame X

Saw it on: SAB
Time-table: Mon-Thurs
9 pm, Friday 10 pm

Kyun nahin chala: Just like Indian Idol 2 couldn't recreate the magic of its first season, Fame X too failed in its new avatar. Trying too hard to be hip, the show fell flat in entertaining the audience in any way. The set is tacky, the judges (Daler Mehendi, Ganesh Hegde) are icy cold and the contestants too have nothing to cheer about.

How long before it shuts: With zero interest from viewers, it shouldn't be long before this Fame wraps up its game!

Left Right Left

Time-table: Mon-Thurs,
9.30 pm

Kyun nahin chala: Rajeev Khandelwal stepped out his comfy Sujal shoes and turned to a fresh concept to boost his sagging career. Set against the backdrop of a military school with six new faces, LRL was a welcome change for those bravely suffering saas bahu shows.

Making a debut with some stellar ratings, the show soon became tangled in the confusion of taking a risk as a youth show or playing it safe with the usual drama.

How long before it shuts: In spite of trying new formulas and twisting the plot, LRL hasn't been able to win over the audience it wooed in the beginning.

Twinkle Beauty Parlour

Time-table: Off air

Kyun nahin chala: Coming from the same production house that brought us Remix, this show was definitely well publicised, to say the least! The channel went on a full throttle promotion and marketing strategy with giant billboards plastered all over the city showing mustachioed women waiting for Twinkle's parlour to open.

After it started, the audience realised there was nothing funny about this series. Neither seriously dramatic nor witty, the channel gave up on this baby even before the audience could make their decision.
How long before it shuts: The show went off air within six months.

Karam Apna Apna

Saw it on: Star Plus
Time-table: Mon-Thurs, 9.30 pm

Kyun nahin chala: Touted as Balaji's next big show after Kavyanjali, this drama set against the backdrop of Kolkata, looks like it is suffering from a Parineeta hangover. Starting off on a fresh note, the show didn't take too long to walk the hackneyed road of every other K-soap. There seems to be an ongoing fight between the background music and characters to decide who is the loudest!

How long before it shuts: With Iqbal Khan already out of the show, it won't be long before the audience gives its final verdict on the karam of this show.

Akela

Saw it on: Sony
Time-table: Saturday, 10 pm

Kyun nahin chala: Promising to be thriller of sorts, Akela (like its name suggests) became a lone ranger in the slot it was put in. Neither was it engrossing nor did Sudhansu Pandey lend any charm to the project.

How long before it shuts: The buzz is that Sony plans to pull the plug off this turkey soon.

Thodi Si Zameen Thoda Sa Aasmaan

Saw it on: Star Plus 
Time-table: Sunday 10 pm

Kyun nahin chala: Smriti Iraani breaking out of her Tulsi image to attempt something new was the biggest reason to tune in to this show. Starting off on a fresh note with an interesting ensemble cast, the soap soon lost its charm somewhere down the line. The weekend time slot also hampered it from reaching a wider audience.

How long before it shuts: We don't think this show will be around this time next year.

http://www.mid-day.com/hitlist/2006/december/149106.htm

shruti thumbnail
'I never watch Fame X on television'

Says Palash Sen, who finds his role as the Dean of Fame X Academy very fulfiling

APARNA GUPTA

He is unaware of the drama the show Fame X on SAB is generating. "I never watch the episodes on television as I want it to be as real as possible. Since I am the dean, I have to guide and groom some of the nicest kids. This has been the happiest thing that has happened to me since the formation of my band," says Palash, visibly very attached to his students. He adds, "Two teachers, Brother D'souza and Pokhriyal Sir, really shaped my life for the better. Like them, I too, in my own small way, want to guide my students." Though Palash thinks the world of his 'talented' students, judges Daler Mehndi and Ganesh Hedge constantly belt out scathing criticism. In fact, Daler very dramatically had challenged his kids to perform better. Does this bother him? "Not at all! It's their job to criticise and find flaws, and mine to encourage and motivate—this maintains a healthy balance. Also, personally I like taking up challenges," answers the lead singer of Euphoria. He does confess that initially the students took the harsh words to heart. "Yes, earlier they did get disturbed by criticism, but anybody who has made a mark in life has braved through opposition and challenges. I still face criticism for my kind of music which the purists don't believe in. Ultimately, if you have belief in yourself, others will start believing in you As a teacher, I want to make my students not just better singers but also emotionally stronger," shares Palash who has been successfully juggling his medical practice with his musical career. His New Year resolution is to make the kids stronger and even better at what they are doing. "I want to inculcate a fighting spirit in them. And personally, I would like to become a calmer person." Does he see himself being in touch with his students five years down the line? "This is not just for the show—it's real. The students who have been evicted are still in touch with me on a daily basis. I am a great fan of all of them! And my next Euphoria album will feature all of them!" he declares. No wonder all his students echo — 'To Sir, with love'. To watch the bond between Palash Sen and his students, tune in to Fame X on SAB, Monday to Thursday, 9 pm and at 10 pm on Friday.

shruti thumbnail
'Who's got that X factor'

In Fame X it's becoming increasingly difficult for the Dean Palash Sen and Judges Daler Mehndi and Ganesh Hegde to find who among the contestants is the best. As the competition is reaching an all time high, it is very difficult for the judges to decide among the danger zone contestants.
   Palash who selected these contestants from various parts of the country says, "I have shortlisted them on the basis of not just their singing abilities but also on that special something that they possess which can help them win over the hearts of people. Ashutosh Jain from Delhi left his job for the love of his guitar. Rehan is not only a fabulous singer but can also play various Indian and western instruments. The drama queen Anandrupa cries every time before her performance, but when she starts performing, she just rocks the stage."
   The judges also seem to agree. Daler feels, "Being a performer, I know it's very difficult to sing and perform at the same time. But these contestants are so good that at the end of the gala performances we are struggling to decide as to who should be in the danger zone." In the same vein Ganesh continues, "Most of them are very competitive and extremely talented but Rehan, Arunima and Sammy have the real rockstar attitude." Palash has the last word, "Rehan is a great singer but Neethi is an overall performer, whereas Banjo has the X factor, Sammy is a big hit with the gals. All this makes this competition even more exciting and we don't know what the Indian audience wants in their very own 'rockstar'."
   Catch the contestants on Fame X, every Monday — Thursday at 9 pm and Friday at 10 pm on SAB.

monika.goel thumbnail
Episode 30: Eid Mubarak!
Late-riser Rehan got up early today because it was Eid-ul-Azaa (Bakri Eid). He was allowed to go home to make a sacrifice of goat for his grandmother who had expired a few days ago. Rehan was very happy because he was getting a rare chance to meet his family. When he reached his neighbourhood, Rehan didn't even wait to reach his home; he called out for his mom from the streets. It was a joyous reunion with his mother, sister and other family members who had no idea Rehan was coming. After offering his prayers and getting blessings, Rehan spent some quality time with his family. But he didn't forget his friends at the Academy. He had promised Banjo that he would bring back some homemade mutton biryani and his mother, delighted with the surprise gift she received, prepared it with an extra dose of love. The Fame X-ians, who had skipped breakfast because of the biryani, started getting impatient when Rehan took time getting back. Shararati Rehan was taking his time. He had a quick meal on the way back, knowing full well that once the food reached his starving buddies, he stood no chance of getting even a morsel. He was laughing all the way thinking how Banjo's stomach was dealing with the delay and he was right. Not only Banjo, but every contestant was on the verge of madness because of their hunger and, of course, anticipation of their delicious lunch. Finally Rehan made an entre and presented the hungry bunch with a small plateful of rice. This was all I could manage, he said, upon which the disappointed Fame X-ians behaved like hungry hyenas wiping the platter clean. Then the mischievous dude brought in the real containers, which were huge and could've fed an entire battalion. The delighted look on his friends' faces was well worth the prank, but the real expression of joy came when they tasted the actual stuff. It was food made with lots of love and that was what made it heavenly. After the feast, the contestants attended a vocal training session with panditji. During the 'sargam' singing, Adi who was never really into Indian music fumbled badly, but the guruji patiently guided him through the riyaaz, encouraging him throughout. The choreo session afterwards helped the Fame X-ians digest their X-ellent biryani lunch, but performance wise, they weren't bad either. Banjo and Rehan planned a mock gala round with Banjo doing his Daler act. They asked Rakesh to sing a western song and to everyone's surprise, not only did he sing one but sang it beautifully. Neeti was made to sing a Bengali song and Banjo sang a verse, Daler style. Leisure time is usually spent playing pool. This time they decided to make it interesting. They formed two teams and battled it out. Rehan's team won, but none of the teams really lost as the point was to have fun and that they had that in abundance.

One person will be evicted during Friday's eviction round and will have to miss out on such wonderful times at the Academy.

monika.goel thumbnail
Episode 29: Rock star ya mock star!
Rakesh and Aditya shared some of their past with the audience. Rakesh talked about how tough life has been after his father passed away. He left school after the 12th standard because he was the eldest and had to support his family. Aditya, whose father owns a production house, was educated in one of the nation's best schools in Deharadun. The two caf warriors wore a 'mukut' and had a mock fight using a guitar instead of a 'gadaa'. Before it could turn into a real fight, Fame Kudi Shilpa intervened and asked them to chill out. Adi's solo performance was Is dil ne kiya hai nikamma. He got so involved in the song that he actually pulled a girl out of the audience and danced with her, Bruce Springsteen style. Ganesh appreciate his performance and asked him to develop his boyish charm. Rakesh raised his voice to Dil de diya hai. Daler liked his voice quality, but told him to improve his dance. Dean Palash was upset when Daler described the two contestants as one who can't sing and one who can't dance. He immediately took his students' side. The Dean explained that he had never had a formal training in singing and yet his musical sense guided him in his career. Daler readily agreed that ultimately talent mattered. In a jugalbandi, Adi and Rakesh showed off their skills as performers with various songs. In a fun question round, when Shilpa asked Rakesh to describe his situation in a song, he sang Yug beet gaye. When she asked Adi what he would do with a female costume, Adi replied that he would wear it hoping that he would get a male following in addition to his female fans.

Both of them appealed to the people of India to vote for them. They are the judges who will decide who is the rock star and who is the mock star!