Aamir Khan wanted to play Shah Rukh Khans role in Josh: Mansoor Kha

Resident_Evil thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago

Mansoor Khan has revealed he was keen on bringing superstars Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan together for his action drama Josh

By: PTI | Mumbai | Published:October 23, 2016 9:46 pm
aamir khan, shah rukh khan, shah rukh khan aamir khan, aamir khan shah rukh khan, shah rukh khan aamir khan, srk aamir, aamir srk, srk aamir josh, josh srk aamir, aamir srk josh, josh aamir srk, aamir khan latest news, aamir khan latest updates, entertainment news, indian express, indian express news

Director Mansoor Khan has revealed he was keen on bringing superstars Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan together for his action drama Josh, but the latter rejected the film as he wanted to play SRK's role Max. Shah Rukh essayed the role of Max, a gang leader in Vasco, Goa in the 2000 multi-starrer.

Aamir was apparently offered the role of simpleton Rahul, but Mansoor said Max's character was so charismatic that his cousin did not want to play a lover boy in front of him.

"He (Aamir) refused to play the role. I saw that as perfect casting. Aamir wanted to change the image and he no longer wanted to play the lover boy or romantic hero," Mansoor told reporters here on the sidelines of Jio MAMI film festival here last evening.

"The character of Max was charismatic so, everyone wanted to play Max. So Aamir would have never let Shah Rukh play it," he said. The character of Rahul was finally played by Chandrachur Singh.

Shah Rukh and Aamir have not shared screen space yet. The Qayamat se Qayamat Tak helmer also said he initially wanted Kajol to play Shah Rukh's sister but the actress rejected the offer. The role then went to Aishwarya Rai Bachchan.

"When I met Kajol to play Shah Rukh's sister she walked away. I asked her if she is doing the film she said I want to play Max. So it was such an enigmatic character," he added.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

🀣

LMAO @ Kajol wanting to do SRK's role. Only she can pull off a stunt like that. She did that again in 3 Idiots. And lol @ Mansoor Khan inflating his shitty movie. It was a pathetic copy of West Side Story and he makes it sound like he had come up with something original. πŸ€£

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LilBitOfAlexis thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
it reminded me of 3 idiots as well πŸ˜†
hotchic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
There was a blind too on Kajol saying she refused a Salman movie because she believes there can not be two Salman in a movie.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Arrogant and dumb.
MercurialMedusa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Josh would've been an all time grosser if AK played max πŸ˜›
Resident_Evil thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: hotchic

There was a blind too on Kajol saying she refused a Salman movie because she believes there can not be two Salman in a movie.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Arrogant and dumb.

That would be Dabaang 3. And i think its a good strategy to say no. And besides i though people here were pseudo-feminists, so your trying to tell me that a woman cannot demand a leading role? πŸ₯±
GolguppaGuzzler thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
I liked Chandrachur S. in this movie.
saymaF29 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Aamir was lucky not to be a part of that blah film
Nikhil718 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I'm glad Aamir Khan didn't do this movie, otherwise he would have played second fiddle in front of SRK. I don't think the role would have suited him so it was good thing that he was replaced.Chandrachur Singh suited the role and acted very well.

The character of Max was pretty cool and I wouldn't blame those who wanted to play it. No doubt SRK done a terrifc job and its of his performance that I liked.
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
No doubt. I remember what a rage Josh and the songs were. People in colleges would mimic Max and the whole Eagles gang, even little kids. When SRK came for a show in the late 90s in the US, his Chaiyya Chaiyya look and Max look were so popular that people used to ask him to don that bad boy leather coat look. It had quite the cult following. But Rahul's character was not as fun as Max. It was a simple lover boy with hundred shades guy next door.
zaroonkashaf thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I enjoyed Josh thoroughly and Shahrukh was great as Max.  The music of the movie too was awesome! I mean Mere Khayalon Ki Mallika , Apun Bola , Hum Bhi Hain Josh Mein, Haye Mera Dil...it's like one kickass track after the other! πŸ˜ƒ