Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NathuPyare thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: ponymo

Who are we to decide whether they should or should not? They feel the need for it, and have sought the appointment of the HM, and they got it. Good!

Yes sure. Why approach the police and CM when u can directly approach the PM or the Home minister... ðŸ˜›

What should we expect next? KJO complaining in the Ministry of Culture because People of India could not appreciate his art in ADHM? ðŸ˜›
Edited by NathuPyare - 7 years ago
DriftInfinitely thumbnail

Originally posted by: MrsKhan

Why are people upset if they meet the HM? The producer's guild have requested an appointment with the HM and they are meeting him only after he has granted it. So he has time for them. Its not as if they are going and trespassing like the MNS guys do. If he found their requirement too frivolous he would have declined to give an appointment.  

The threat of some right wing fringe elements trying to gain mileage from films has become all too real. There are several films at stake here. And the threat encompasses several states too. So it comes under the purview of the Central Government. 

Unlikely, considering how quick people are to brand others intolerant/bhakts/extremists and what not in India. The media and the opposition would have had a field day criticising the Ministry if it had turned the request down.
ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: NathuPyare

Yes sure. Why approach the police and CM when u can directly approach the PM or the Home minister... ðŸ˜›

What should we expect next? KJO complaining in the Ministry of Culture because People of India could not appreciate his art in ADHM? ðŸ˜›

Again, reiterating what I just said - It is entirely their choice who they want to approach. He can complain to the ministry of culture or the President or whoever he wishes to - as long as he does it in a dignified and respectable manner.
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: DriftInfinitely

Unlikely, considering how quick people are to brand others intolerant/bhakts/extremists and what not in India. The media and the opposition would have had a field day criticising the Ministry if it had turned the request down.

Just like people are quick to brand people anti nationals, libtards, presstitudes. sickulars. So it works both ways. It was not as if they made it public that they are seeking an appointment with the HM. Now that they are going to meet him they have made it public. 
And do believe since BW films have become an easy means to gain publicity for some fringe elements its time the government intervened. I am not saying about just this issue but other issues in the past too. There can be protests and calls for boycotts but it has to be peaceful. 
NathuPyare thumbnail

Originally posted by: ponymo

Again, reiterating what I just said - It is entirely their choice who they want to approach. He can complain to the ministry of culture or the President or whoever he wishes to - as long as he does it in a dignified and respectable manner.

then it's also my choice who I want to criticize, complain, or make fun of based on my sensibilities... why object to that. ðŸ˜†
FOE works both ways u see 😛 
Remus.Lupin4 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
the more desperate kjo gets in his attempt.. the more it convinces me this movie is going to tank after the first 2 weeks... he seems desperate to get 100% occupancy first week with the publicity... i am betting on all critics being paid too.. its so odd to go to this much extent for a movie... has any director ever gone to the home minister before?? 😆
Edited by Remus.Lupin4 - 7 years ago
ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: NathuPyare

then it's also my choice who I want to criticize, complain, or make fun of based on my sensibilities... why object to that. ðŸ˜†
FOE works both ways u see 😛 

Do it, who's stopping you? You were the one who quoted me so I thought you wanted to have a conversation, didn't know you did it to complain only. Carry on then. 
Sabhayata thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: MrsKhan

Why are people upset if they meet the HM? The producer's guild have requested an appointment with the HM and they are meeting him only after he has granted it. So he has time for them. Its not as if they are going and trespassing like the MNS guys do. If he found their requirement too frivolous he would have declined to give an appointment.  

The threat of some right wing fringe elements trying to gain mileage from films has become all too real. There are several films at stake here. And the threat encompasses several states too. So it comes under the purview of the Central Government. 

Exactly i don't understand what is so wrong in this?

Its only a movie for us but for  Karan its a big deal its like his business.Don't other business men meet politicians for their business deals.This is the same.Some hooligans are trying to bully people into not releasing the movie.He just wants safe release of his movies.What should he do?Nothing.Let these hooligans vandalize theater's and threaten people not to release the movie.He is just trying to ensure a safe release.He is not intentionally hurting any one like these hooligans are threatening to do.
BornHyper thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Not just home minister, in my opinion we have also spent too much time talking about this topic and for so many days now... same thing getting discussed again and again

We should also focus our attention on our work now. At least I am going to do that now.
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Sabhayata

Exactly i don't understand what is so wrong in this?

Its only a movie for us but for  Karan its a big deal its like his business.Don't other business men meet politicians for their business deals.This is the same.Some hooligans are trying to bully people into not releasing the movie.He just wants safe release of his movies.What should he do?Nothing.Let these hooligans vandalize theater's and threaten people not to release the movie.He is just trying to ensure a safe release.He is not intentionally hurting any one like these hooligans are threatening to do.

I think this tweet sums up the entire hypocrisy around people condemning a BW producer for trying to make sure his work is not targeted. 

dorku @Dorkstar  

10rs ka recharge atak jaata hai toh Sunil Bharti Mittal ko tag karke rant kar dete hain lekin koi apne crores ko nuksaan ke liye chu na kare