Chandragupta Maurya | Pg7 Clothing, Pg8 CGM Nanda +Chanakya WAR Ethics

history_geek thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 7 years ago

Hi all.

I have posted some information about the life of Emperor Chandragupta Maurya. People like him come rarely in history. His rise to greatness is a romance of history ; he rose from a very humble position.

This post covers life of Chandragupta Maurya in brief, and touches upon important aspects of his life. It's like a quick recap.

As, was asked by some friends, i have laid special emphasis on clearing the controversy around the origin of Maurya clan, the word Maurya (Mor / peacock or Mura) itself and also the kingdom of Piplivan, among various other things.

This is a short post.

Link :
An Introduction to Chandragupta Maurya | The Builder of an Empire & Protector of Bharat

Please check these 2 threads.
I've made 2 other historical threads in this forum till now.

#2.
History of Nanda dynasty - Mahapadmananda and Dhanananda | From Alexander to arrival of Chandragupta Maurya | Updated on Pg-3 about the Wars in Ancient / Mauryan Era
https://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4735921

#3.
Status of Women in Magadhan Mauryan Society | Updated on Pg-2 about Sculptures ; Pg-3 Alexander Vs. an Indian Queen
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4747538

Edited by history_geek - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

old_charm thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: history_geek

Hi all.

I have posted some information about the life of Emperor Chandragupta Maurya. People like him come rarely in history. His rise to greatness is a romance of history ; he rose from a very humble position.

This post covers life of Chandragupta Maurya in brief, and touches upon important aspects of his life. It's like a quick recap.

As, was asked by some friends, i have laid special emphasis on clearing the controversy around the origin of Maurya clan, the word Maurya (Mor / peacock or Mura) itself and also the kingdom of Piplivan, among various other things.

This is a short post.

Link :
An Introduction to Chandragupta Maurya | The Builder of an Empire & Protector of Bharat

welcome abhay dear...๐Ÿ˜ƒ

so nice to see you here & thanx for the link...๐Ÿ˜ณ
sharmacatty thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
oh you here.. thankyou for the link, abhay๐Ÿ˜Š

Durgeshnandini thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Welcome to the Chandra Nandni forum! 
It's amazing to have you here with the historic updates and links. Thanks for posting it ๐Ÿ˜Š

This particular introductory blog was an excellent read with crisp and precise points and a complete coverage of the basic doubts 

- so Maurya, the term, indeed descends from the peacocks and Peeplivan was also existing. 

- it was curious to note that the map of India demarcating the the Mauryan Empire under Chandragupta Maurya, exactly resembles the one during the peak of Aurangzeb's age of Expansion. 
So Chandragupta achieved such a huge empire ages before. Incredible! 

Would be looking forward to more such blogs and erudite posts from you. 

Adwitiya. 

Edited by durgeshnandini - 7 years ago
jiya.k thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Thank u abhay for posting this much needed info abt cgm for confuse chandra nandni viewers ๐Ÿ˜† ...

P. S. And one more thing as some members thinks here that surya gupta maurya is discovery of ekta mayiya n her cvs so its nt right at all coz As per M. I. Rajasvi book "ChandraGupta Maurya" his father name was surya gupta maurya ruler of pipali van..n after defeted sgm nanda made his mother mura maid in his palace...Edited by jiya.k - 7 years ago
Antara123 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Abhay! 
This is Najma, your sister from JA Forum. SO glad to see you here. I am finding some discrepancies as to who Dhanand is and who Padmanand is. Because I remember the show CGM on Imagine. 
Do let us know.

Your sister
Naj

P.S. I hope you remember me.๐Ÿ˜†
Kalgi22 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
It's really a interesting reading about Emperor Chandragupta Maurya.  I was astounded to know about really Taxila university in that era. Thanks for the information and pictures, Abhay! 
melovesja thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for this intresting info.
Nonie12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Fantastic post Abhay
This post  has interesting information๐Ÿ˜Š 
harshu27 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2