TOI:Yash Patnaik: I didn't pull up Anshuman Malhotra!!

vyoman thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago

Yash Patnaik: I didn't pull up Anshuman Malhotra

Neha Maheshwri| TNN | Sep 27, 2016, 01.00 AM IST
Anshuman MalhotraAnshuman Malhotra
The TV show 'Nagarjun' has been mired in controversies right since its inception. After several actors complained of creative dissatisfaction, and with the antagonist Nikitin Dheerbeing brought back after he quit the show, it's now the hero's turn to be in the eye of the storm. Anshuman Malhotra, who plays the male lead Arjun, has been replaced by Pearl V Puriovernight. It has been reported that Anshuman was reprimanded by his producer Yash Patnaik to shape up or ship out if the ratings of the show didn't improve. Refuting the buzz, Yash says, "I have not pulled up Anshuman. He is a good actor and has done complete justice to the character. Such reports can be damaging for an actor. 21-year-old Anshuman fit the bill of an ordinary guy on his way to become a superhero. But we needed a mature guy to play the character in the second part, and that's why Pearl has been brought in. The 'power leap' was planned in October, but we have advanced it as we have a good story at our disposal and many competing shows are slated to end."

Anshuman remained unavailable for comment.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mayavi-26 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Thank u mr patnaik for assuring a news just have few questions. If anshuman dosent fit for second half then why u told him to built his body?. Anshu was anyways looking ordinary boy.  Why u shot for that mahabharat promo showing him as nagarjun who got his mission??  U waste ur money and time there or either ur trying to fooling audience now by revealing the news that he was always going to replace. 
aanvi98 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Okay so practically nagarjun is doomed. What i think anshuman can only come back if nagarjun turns back to arjun. Pearl is so mature and for gods sake arjun is 20 years old! He now looks lyk 27. Why they had to shoot the promo of nagarjun with anshuman? They r crazy.