Without Love Bhakthi is incomplete- Sita

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago
I loved this line a lot today. It defined the idea of Bhakthi for me or rather the way I have understood Bhakthi. Bhakthi or worship is a reverance towards someone or something. How does that happen. When you trust someone or something. When you trust someone or something. When that person has been available to needy people when they need him or her the most. When you know that person protects. Or in short it happens through actions. 
It is hearing Krishna's stories Rukmini falls in love with him. Even SKR showed Sita developing feelings for Ram when she hears about him, his actions. 
And love it need not be the romantic one. The classic example of platonic love is between Arjun-Krishna, Ram-Lakshman, Ram-Bharath, Ram-Hanuman, Sita -Urmila, Panchali-Subhadra, Janak-Sita , Kausalya -Ram, Yasodha-Krishna. You name it love exists in its pure form in every relation. 

And if it is there in pure form naturally Bhakthi happens. If a mother does the duty correctly the child will worship the mother, if a husband does his duty properly wife will worship him  etc etc.. What we need to know about Bhakthi is that it is not a right. It is something you get when you do your duty. 

Without the feeling of love visiting temples alone or chanting mantras bhakthi will happen, but it will always be incomplete. So first learn to love, learn to give, bhakthi will happen as a byproduct 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rajshrip thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Shruti beautiful post about love and bhakti๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
vipraja26 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Beautiful analysis Shruti ! 
True that love and surrender completes one's Bakthi .
Often when I hear about the love of God being explained in various instances , it does bring up an overwhelming feeling .
I often pride aboout this factor that is stressed in our culture . krishnaavatar is full of such display of love and surrender - beginning with the Gopi's, Arjun, Rukmani, Draupadi, Sudhama , Uddhava and the list goes on ...

SKR too though briefly but firmly bought about that love with surrender of sita and Ram which had been the strength their survival in all their times of struggles.

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Yes Vipraja. It is in Krishna avatar we see Bhakthi as love in full glory as Krishna is one God who is available in the form you worship him. And it is mostly relations.
Siya-Ram thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Great post
There are so many such examples of love alongside Bhakti in our Epics.
The underlying message of Ramayan is duty and and in that lies love the purest form of worship.
In understanding Krishna or ram more Bhakti is felt for their actions defined true love for humanity.
๐Ÿ‘ Edited by Cluny123 - 7 years ago