Posted: 7 years ago
Indian TV has made mighty rulers into love sick puppies who can not achieve a single thing which they are well known of in the history without their wife ,one particular wife as it is blasphemous to show another wife as supportive, she has to be a villain. Great leaders are known by their remarkable work done for their people. Coming to Asoka, I will only say this show was bazinga. Ha ha. But don't worry a show called chandra Nandini is coming which will be a greater bazinga,such a big one that viewers will miss cas. I will never understand why a TV king has to be shown as a slave of his wife. I always see a jahandar shah in every other historical king on tv. I really miss quality historical serials. Even Bollywood didn't do it justice with debacle like Mohenjo-Daro.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Courageous_Leo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I fully agree with. Your point of view. The great rulers of India are turned into a sadakchhap majnu. And the common thing among them is that all of them have Amar Prem gathas. In terms of Indian television, this is called Creativity. And I think that it's time that Indians sue these creative Ph . No production house should be allowed to make any historical / mythological show. That's my personal opinion.

Originally posted by: Courageous_Leo

I fully agree with. Your point of view. The great rulers of India are turned into a sadakchhap majnu. And the common thing among them is that all of them have Amar Prem gathas. In terms of Indian television, this is called Creativity. And I think that it's time that Indians sue these creative Ph . No production house should be allowed to make any historical / mythological show. That's my personal opinion.

. For channels only trp matters, 
I think in India tv is watched by simpletons and learned people mostly stay away from it otherwise I don't understand why epitome stupidity gets popularity and good shows are pulled down due to heavy competition. Regarding historicals, History is the only thing I watch on tv otherwise my time is not worthy to waste on tv but the amount of shit I have seen in historicals I have stopped watching them . I only come to if whenever I am upset or in need of fun.😊 and yes I agree with you too completely.
Vrikodar thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
So much distortions in every historical show nowadays. Fed up.
Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail
An average Indian viewer swiches on the tv for entertainment,to forget his/her life's problems for some time.Sadly,for some reason best known to these trp viewers,shows like Gopi bahu,Simar,Naagin,etc entertain the viewers.

Once I asked my aunt who is a big fan of these serials that what entertainment does she get from these serials.She gave me a simple answer,"Entertainment kuch bhi nahi.Khaali time pass hota hai.Mann ko shanti milti hai ki serials ke characters hum se bhi zyada dukhi hain.They make us realize that there are lot bigger problems in this world so our problems are nothing in front of their problems."I don't know how she came to this logic but it was pretty interesting.

CAS never showed history but it was entertaining till the ashwaki love story started.Viewers always loved politics,drama and conspiracies and now that all these factors are back,the trps are also increasing.
MuguetDScorpion thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
After seeing the promos and articles, it's pretty much clear now that CGM's image will be destroyed because Ekta wants to present us a bakwaas love hate story. ðŸ¤¢ It will be worse than CAS. 

This show was the kind of show which did not need love story or saas bahu drama. Should have followed the concept till the end. Since they have started following the other shows people stopped watching it. 
ChickenSoup thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
CAS never showed real history and that new show Chandra Nandni wont show real history either. Instead they will show CGM as a lovesick puppy and ruin his image. I know one thing for sure that CGM never has anyone called Nandni in his life. His first wife was Dhana Nanda's daughter Durdhara and second wife was Nicator's daughter Cornelia. The show Chandragupta Maurya that was on Imagine TV portrayed real history but sadly the show didnt last long.

I'm very saddened by how these great kings of India are portrayed as slaves of women. It's utterly disgusting. Now this doesnt end here. Now this stupid contiloe is planning to make a show on Maharaja Ranjit Singh the founder of the Sikh empire and his stuggle against the East India Company. I'm pretty sure they'll destroy his image as well. ðŸ˜¡
Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail
I saw the video of CN launch. It's nothing but Jodha Akbar part 2.Chanakya's role is somewhat like Bairam Khan who made CGM patthar jaisa kathor and Nandini will make him calm and good just like Jodha did with Akbar. 
The credit for CGM becoming a great emperor of India goes to Chanakya but in CN,the credit will go to Nandini. I guess that's why the actor playing Khallatak was cast as Chanakya. I think Chanakya is going to be blamed for everything wrong that will happen in the show. 

The costumes were not so great of everyone. CAS's costumes look better than CN.