Angelina Jolie files for divorce from Brad Pitt

ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 7 years ago

ANGELINA JOLIEFILES FOR DIVORCE FROM BRAD PITTAllegations of Substance Abuse, Anger

9/20/2016 7:28 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0920-angelina-jolie-brad-pitt-getty-03Angelina Jolie has filed for divorce from Brad Pitt and the trigger was a conflict over the kids, substance abuse and anger ... TMZ has learned.

Jolie filed legal docs Monday citing irreconcilable differences.

She's asking for physical custody of the couple's 6 children. She is asking the judge to give Pitt visitation. It's significant ... she does not want Brad to have joint physical custody ... only joint legal custody.

Sources connected with the couple tell us ... Angelina's decision to file has to do with the way Brad was parenting the children ... she was extremely upset with his methods. 

Our sources say, Angelina became "fed up" with Brad's consumption of weed and possibly alcohol, and mixed with what she believes is "an anger problem" ... felt it became dangerous for the children.

We're told there was no alleged "third person" ... her decision to file was solely over Brad's interaction with their children.

Jolie, who's being repped by disso queen Laura Wasser, is not asking for spousal support.

Jolie lists the date of separation as Sept. 15, 2016.

They married in August 2014. They've been together since 2004.

The last time we saw them together was in July when they took the twins, Knox and Vivienne, out for a birthday breakfast in West Hollywood.

0712-brad-and-angelina-breakfast-tmz-wm-3

http://www.tmz.com/2016/09/20/angelina-joile-files-for-divorce-brad-pitt/

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

UglyDuckling. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
They were much happier when they were unmarried.
ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Angelina dumped Brad after private eye uncovered Marion Cotillard affair

September 20, 2016 | 11:13am

Modal Trigger
Brad Pitt, Marion Cotillard and Angelina JoliePhoto: Getty Images

Angelina Jolie is dumping Brad Pitt after hiring a private investigator to spy on him on the set of his latest film " where, she learned, he was cheating, a well-placed source told The Post on Tuesday.

"She hired a private eye because she felt that he was fooling around with her on the set, and it turns out, he was. And that was the final straw," the source said.

Pitt had been rumored to have been cozying up to his "Allied" co-star, Marion Cotillard, in London for months.

He and Jolie also had been sparring over their lifestyle, another source said.

She has increasingly wanted to quit Hollywood in favor of devoting herself full-time to her humanitarian work, while Pitt prefers Tinseltown, the source said.

"The older she gets, the more serious she becomes, and she is sick of the Hollywood thing," the source said. "He wants to make movies. She doesn't. It's a fundamental difference. It's how you live your life."

She is seeking physical custody of the couple's six kids, TMZ said.

She doesn't want Pitt to have joint physical custody, just joint legal custody. He would get visitation, according to her filing.

Jolie is not seeking spousal support, the website said.

She has hired top gun Laura Wasser as her lawyer.

The documents list the date of separation as Sept. 15, 2016.

The couple were married in August 2014 but have been together since 2004.

http://pagesix.com/2016/09/20/angelina-dumped-brad-after-private-eye-uncovered-marion-cotillard-affair/

MithiBani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
She wants to quit the movie business? I don't believe that.
Novarieaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Looks like the parenting problem from Pitt's side is what caused the split. Hence she's asking for sole physical custody. 
MithiBani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
She knew Pitt was into weed when she met him. Jen and he were both into it. After what? 10/12 years she suddenly thinks it's a problem?? Nah! I's rather believe the Marion Cotillard rumours.
Jennifer is happily married! Hope it stays that way! Never cared for brangelina! However I think it is extremely bad of angelina to ask for sole custody! That's just cruel! He is a father and he deserves to be with his kids!Edited by niksksg - 7 years ago
rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Marion Cotillard can do so much better..She is a stunner and Brad looks pathetic right now (i never got the big deal about his looks anyway)..But poor kids though..I know divorce is better than staying in an unpleasant marriage but my heart always goes out to the kids in these cases 
charminggenie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: MithiBani

She wants to quit the movie business? I don't believe that.

She does actually. Teaching at LSE and also aiming for House of Lords. Her association with Arminka Helic. She has hired Depp's lawyer, this is going to be interesting. Jolie is the best PR manager ever and she does it alone.
charminggenie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: rogerrocks

Marion Cotillard can do so much better..She is a stunner and Brad looks pathetic right now (i never got the big deal about his looks anyway)..But poor kids though..I know divorce is better than staying in an unpleasant marriage but my heart always goes out to the kids in these cases 

Cotillard's just a rumour . She is with someone . Sigh, I feel for the kids but these guys live a different liestyle ..doubt they were living together.