Love is complicated and we have to understand that

shinjiniguha thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
So I am not exactly new to this forum but this is the first time I'm writing something so kindly bear with me. I've seen many posts over here where people are bashing Isha's character incessantly. Obviously they have their opinions for the right reasons I guess but what we are forgetting is the reason why her character carries so much emotional baggage is because she has been cheated upon by the person she loved and trust me that's not a nice feeling at all. I've been through that shit myself, I've cried myself to sleep and still been in love with him after all that he'd done. And to trust that person after that is extremely difficult, one treads with caution because no one likes to get hurt. Things are a bit different in ishir's case though because Sahir truly loves Isha and has changed for her completely and therefore I feel Isha should trust him and not make assumptions about him and his character every now and then. But for us as viewers, instead downright bashing her we should try to understand her pain and ordeal and try to relate to her character. I know relating to Isha is an uphill task considering Saloni's acting doesn't help at all but still lets try. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ssfc thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
We bash isha coz of salonis amazing acting skill. If some other person would have done the role of isha in the sense someone who can act we won't have bashed her like this. 
..MiStLeToE.. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
I am so glad you made this topic because I had been thinking to make this since days.

Isha Jai Singh is sorted when it comes to her career and friends but she is a mess when it comes to her own love life. Sahir has given her reasons to have trust issues and she was being concious earlier about it. I understood her during Megha track, Shreya-Sahir kiss thing, jealousy thing..I understood her till there. But since then I don't know how to give her anymore sympathy. If Sahir has done grave mistakes in the past and has given her reasons to not trust him then he has proved himself time and again worthy of a second chance. Proposing Isha on a national television being the peak of it. Isha rejected him pubically and it was nothing less than humiliation! And then again when Sahir asked her to move inwith him so that they can sort their issues, she can gain the trust on him back she rejected him again. She doesn't hear his side. . .Watch since the start and that has been one thing that has irked me a lot! She doesn't let him talk latest example being their Ganesh Chaturthi convo...A relationship is a two way street. To understand someone's POV you have to listen to him otherwise your confusions will never get sorted.

Isha's issues were justified earlier but now they are not. Now her issue is not sahir's past its now again her own assumption that she and Sahir cannot be together and he will be happy with Tapasya. And probably its right because I dont think she can ever trust him again.

-Chitra.
..MiStLeToE.. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ssfc

We bash isha coz of salonis amazing acting skill. If some other person would have done the role of isha in the sense someone who can act we won't have bashed her like this.

Probably Saloni plays a role towards our notion of disliking Isha to an extent but no thats not the whole case. . .Isha is disliked because of the way she always demean Sahir's efforts by ignoring or not listening or just assuming things. She has never really given him a fair chance.
shinjiniguha thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ssfc

I completely understand your point. Yes Saloni really needs to improve her acting skills, her face is always so devoid of expression that most of the emotions aren't even portrayed properly.
shinjiniguha thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..MiStLeToE..

I am so glad you made this topic because I had been thinking to make this since days.

Isha Jai Singh is sorted when it comes to her career and friends but she is a mess when it comes to her own love life. Sahir has given her reasons to have trust issues and she was being concious earlier about it. I understood her during Megha track, Shreya-Sahir kiss thing, jealousy thing..I understood her till there. But since then I don't know how to give her anymore sympathy. If Sahir has done grave mistakes in the past and has given her reasons to not trust him then he has proved himself time and again worthy of a second chance. Proposing Isha on a national television being the peak of it. Isha rejected him pubically and it was nothing less than humiliation! And then again when Sahir asked her to move inwith him so that they can sort their issues, she can gain the trust on him back she rejected him again. She doesn't hear his side. . .Watch since the start and that has been one thing that has irked me a lot! She doesn't let him talk latest example being their Ganesh Chaturthi convo...A relationship is a two way street. To understand someone's POV you have to listen to him otherwise your confusions will never get sorted.

Isha's issues were justified earlier but now they are not. Now her issue is not sahir's past its now again her own assumption that she and Sahir cannot be together and he will be happy with Tapasya. And probably its right because I dont think she can ever trust him again.

-Chitra.

Yes I think that Isha should at least start listening to Sahir and let him make his point. She assumes a lot of things and hurts herself in the process. Even though she is somewhat justified in her own place, I feel like Sahir has proved himself enough and now he has nothing more left to prove. He has changed and that was very evident when he politely refused Taps' proposal. I think he should now start living for himself and move on with a girl who would accept him even with all his flaws , though I don't really like tapasya. She's a bit too girly and giggly for me,but that's just my opinion.Isha's heart is scarred and thus she will always have problems trusting him and therefore I feel even she should move on with someone else, someone she would be able to trust. 
..MiStLeToE.. thumbnail

Originally posted by: shinjiniguha

Yes I think that Isha should at least start listening to Sahir and let him make his point. She assumes a lot of things and hurts herself in the process. Even though she is somewhat justified in her own place, I feel like Sahir has proved himself enough and now he has nothing more left to prove. He has changed and that was very evident when he politely refused Taps' proposal. I think he should now start living for himself and move on with a girl who would accept him even with all his flaws , though I don't really like tapasya. She's a bit too girly and giggly for me,but that's just my opinion.Isha's heart is scarred and thus she will always have problems trusting him and therefore I feel even she should move on with someone else, someone she would be able to trust.

Not only herself but him too...because its him who comes with a baggage of guilt here and so its harder for him when her rejections send him to a guilt trip everytime. Tapasya is all fine with me. She is chilled out, doesnt let sahir to drown in guilt of any sort and is sensitive. Also being a Shantanu fan I am starved to see his romantic side with other side complementing him. So yeah I think he should move on and even isha should...maybe that would allow her to contemplate things better if she is stuck.
Y12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Maybe we could have connect more with Isha if Saloni could act but still I feel Isha's character is a big thumbs down. Don't get me wrong,I love grey characters but I just can't connect with this girl. I mean it's okay Sahir made mistakes but C'mon he has changed. And Isha treats him so badly. Isha herself is not perfect and she is so arrogant and really I hate her personality telling you honestly. I don't like anything about her. Sahir also is a grey character but we love him so much. I don't feel the same with Isha. 
Sahir is a gem and Isha is so pathetic. Feminism is not treating the person who loves you like a piece of shit. And that's how Isha treats Sahir. She claimed she loves him but LOL. Trust issues,well that's all because of Isha because she always listen to HERSELF and don't give Sahir the chnace to explain. The reason their relationship couldn't work is because of Isha. Nah I don't feel Isha is scared,it's er ego ,she only want to put Sahir down. Sahir did so much for her and Miss arrogant never miss a chance to insult him. Relationships have issues and they need to solve them out together not just walk away. Sahir did support Isha when their MMS was leaked and all so in short ISHA,THE GIRL ON TOP likes to put people down :P
Sahir and Isha are incompatible , like the way Sahir rejected Taps and Isha rejected Sahir
SAYA track is better and I have noticed that since Taps arrived, Isha has started acting like the epitome of goodness,the sacrificing queen lol so determined to help Taps get back with Sahir. LOL moment, okay are they planning to make Taps look bad and trying to make Isha the kindest person on earth. And the way she looked at Sahir when he was dancing while being hurt.. 
I just don't know why I cannot connect at all with Isha. I don't even feel bad for her,I just don't know why :P
I wished I could relate to his girl and more to Ishvir story.  
Edited by Y12345 - 7 years ago
shinjiniguha thumbnail

Originally posted by: Y12345

Maybe we could have connect more with Isha if Saloni could act but still I feel Isha's character is a big thumbs down. Don't get me wrong,I love grey characters but I just can't connect with this girl. I mean it's okay Sahir made mistakes but C'mon he has changed. And Isha treats him so badly. Isha herself is not perfect and she is so arrogant and really I hate her personality telling you honestly. I don't like anything about her. Sahir also is a grey character but we love him so much. I don't feel the same with Isha. 

Sahir is a gem and Isha is so pathetic. Feminism is not treating the person who loves you like a piece of shit. And that's how Isha treats Sahir. She claimed she loves him but LOL. Trust issues,well that's all because of Isha because she always listen to HERSELF and don't give Sahir the chnace to explain. The reason their relationship couldn't work is because of Isha. Nah I don't feel Isha is scared,it's er ego ,she only want to put Sahir down. Sahir did so much for her and Miss arrogant never miss a chance to insult him. Relationships have issues and they need to solve them out together not just walk away. Sahir did support Isha when their MMS was leaked and all so in short ISHA,THE GIRL ON TOP likes to put people down :P
Sahir and Isha are incompatible , like the way Sahir rejected Taps and Isha rejected Sahir
SAYA track is better and I have noticed that since Taps arrived, Isha has started acting like the epitome of goodness,the sacrificing queen lol so determined to help Taps get back with Sahir. LOL moment, okay are they planning to make Taps look bad and trying to make Isha the kindest person on earth. And the way she looked at Sahir when he was dancing while being hurt.. 
I just don't know why I cannot connect at all with Isha. I don't even feel bad for her,I just don't know why :P
I wished I could relate to his girl and more to Ishvir story.  

I agree with you on part that she doesn't listen to others and always does what she wants and assumes a lot of things but her trust issues come from a genuine place. We have heard many a times people saying that "once a cheater, always a cheater". Though the thing here is entirely different as Sahir really has changed for her. Yes, her nature towards him is unjustified. Still I can connect to her as I feel that I'm a lot like her, but its totally cool if you can't. And the one thing that I hate about Isha is that she literally is taking decisions on Sahir's behalf. He is an adult, if he wants to be with someone he will be. She doesn't have to go and search the world for his new girlfriend. That thing about Isha just pisses me off. Otherwise I like her character(minus the controlling ex girlfriend part) 
rbpll thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Audience don't like isha not because her distrust towards sahir is wrong but because cvs have failed to justify the trust issues of isha and moreover how cvs have penned down the story of ishir and the individual involved in this story. Ishir was the reverse story unlike azhia and gurev. They have a past and an emotional baggage which in the 7 months of show has haven't shown yet. There are only 3 flashbacks of their story. Do u think that is enough for audience to connect with ishir?πŸ‘ŽπŸΌπŸ˜³
We didn't see directly that how sahir has cheated and messed up things for isha. How isha was betrayed by sahir?  This things are only implied through the dialogues of various characters of show. That's why audience don't feel empathy or sympathy towards isha.   
Another issue is the individual character of isha and sahir. Both of them are contrast of what initially has implied. Isha is supposed to be the mature, sensible , controlled and balanced human being while sahir is suppose to be the short-tempered , impulsive , Casanova and spoilt brat. Now tell me does anybody has saw these respective traits in either of them? NO. They are quite opposite of what they are portrayed  at initial stage of GOT. Over the time  sahir became likable as he is fun, supportive, sorted and mature while isha became annoying as she blasts sahir and at times others also without listening to him, confused ,  short-tempered and she seems like a control freak who wants everything in her own way and moreover saloni's acting which has same expression and voice intonation in every scene. 

Its seems that cvs only conceptualized the story on papers but failed to materialize in execution. If they would have properly executed  the ishir's story , it could be the very intense love story.   

Bottom line is due to emotional disconnect with ishr's story none of us can feel  bad for isha. πŸ₯±