Lissy Ends her 24 Years Marriage with Priyadarshan

awesomegurti thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago
Popular Malayalam actress Lissy Lakshmi and her marriage to filmmaker Priyadarshan has officially ended. The actress confirmed the news on Friday.
"My marriage with Priyadarshan officially ended today. We both have signed the final papers at the Family Court in Chennai. This has been a real ordeal," Lissy said in a statement.
The couple had married in 1990, and soon after that Lissy gave up acting. They had filed for divorce in March.

"In recent times, all celebrity divorces, from Hrithik Roshan and Suzanne Khan to Dilip and Manju Warrier to most recently Amala (Paul) and Vijay; all have been mutually agreed divorces. I am sure it also must have been painful to those couples but whatever differences they may have had, they all decided to respect each other," she said.
However, she says her relationship was the only exception.
"It was often fierce and uncivilised battle on and off the courts until a compromise was reached at the Madras High Court. Perhaps the ugliness of our divorce proceedings says all about the kind of marriage we have had. Anyway, I feel relieved now," she added.
Lissy feels this is the end of a long and often very difficult road, and it's time to move on.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Serendipity.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Divorces are never easy to deal with and two people involved in it know what is best for them! 

The year of breakups or what! Sad to see so many couples fall apart! 
Edited by Serendipity.. - 7 years ago
awesomegurti thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Serendipity..

Divorces are never easy to deal with and two people involved in it know what is best for them!

The year of breakups or what! Sad to see so many couples fall apart!

So many hapng in mollywood
RamSiyaRam thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
🥺 sad, marriage of so many years breaking off. I dont know what to take as the reason. Was Priyadarshan cheating?
beena_jon thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
always liked her as an actress...pretty n a woman of substance. hope she finds peace and a good companion in life.