Let's stop saying Aditya had any 'right'

A.Hajnal thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago
I am sick and disgusted how the women and girls here are trying to justify what Aditya has done by saying that it is Suman's fault for not telling him her 'past' or it is Shravan's fault for provocating and forcing Aditya to behave such way. OR by saying that 'this is what any man would have done'...Let's stop for once and all, because you are insulting yourself and your own kind if you justify that kind of act by saying any man would have done the same as if that was something normal to do...🤢

I mean, do you hear yourself? Do you understand what and who you are defending? Do you even comprehend the kind of mindset you are trying to justify? I fear for the girls who live around the people, the girls who are justifying that disgusting act because if God forbid something like that happens in reality, they will stand with the guy even though if they know that the girl had no fault. That's disgusting. Aditya's alike force themselves on the girls, but by standing there and defending the 'man', you, the woman are doing something worse than any man ever could do.

But I guess despite belonging to our gender, these girls have the same mindset as Aditya and his alike and fall in the same category as his. Actually, any woman/girl who is justifying and defending him is more dangerous because they do understand what Suman must have felt, understand the gravity of the situation more than any man could, they fear the possibility of being subjected the same, but still have the guts to defend and justify that disgusting act of his. ðŸ¤¢

And let me clear the point the rise to defend and justify the act of Aditya. The two points his wellwishers rise are Suman not telling him or Shravan telling him way too much...So, let me tell you, there is no way you can defend or justify what Aditya has done by claiming that if Shraman had told him about their supposed and never existed relationship with each other, or if Shravan had not told him what he did, then what happened won't have had happened. Let me tell you that this would have happened anyway, now or after marriage...

If not now, then after marriage, he would have done this and worse. Because this is what Aditya and his alike do. They think that the women they are marrying are their own personal possession, which had the duty of being his possession, emotionally and physically even when they didn't know about their existence. 

Shravan didn't wrong him, he only wronged Suman and their friendship by saying what he did. But the truth is that even if Shravan had not said what he did, Aditya would have kept taunting Suman after their marriage. He would have been one of those husbands who look at their wive's every action with suspicion. If she wouldn't have had a smile plastered on her face 24/7, he would have taunted her that she is mourning the loss of her love. If she would have asked him time to adjust and to be comfortable before taking a step forward, he would have said she is cheating on him because she still loves the past love of hers. If she would have wanted to go back home, he would have suspected she was going to meet Shravan. 

Can you even for a second imagine what kind of hell she would have been living even after putting aside the surety that he would have forced her physically after marriage stating to have the 'right' as her husband. THAT'S RAPE if you don't know that, wife or not, doesn't matter...Not any man has the 'right' to force his wife because all she asks for is a lil time because she knows, unfortunately, she can't run away from it for long as it's an aspect of marriage...But know that it's only a factor, not the marriage...

And anyone who delude themselves into believing that only Shravan's words had pushed him to do all of that, let me tell you, he has been showing his true colors since the start. If once again you look at his past action you will know. Ever since Chachi told him that Shraman has a thing, Aditya had tried to justify his actions claiming that he was doing this and that only because Suman and Shravan had not told him about their relationship, and that is why he, the poor one, is now hurt and had fallen in 'love' with a girl who isn't a ' shud sanskari, only to know she isn't a 'Virgin' nither...

I found that the MOST funny thing about Aditya. He turned blind and dumb to all the signals coming from both Suman and Shravan's behavior, but as soon as he got to know that Shraman 'were' a thing, he complained to Shravan that why didn't they both tell him something was between them when they saw him 'falling for her'... I mean, is he for real? Did he and you wanted Shraman- who are still unsure of their love despite their love being a decade and more old - to believe that he had fallen in 'love' Suman? He who met her a few days before and didn't even know her? ðŸ¤£

And anyway, isn't love a very strong word to use for someone you know less than a week? How can anyone fall 'in love' with someone when they don't even know the person? How can anyone in this age and time delude themselves into believing that the physical attraction, lust is same as love...HOW CAN anyone decide to marry someone they met two-three days ago, aur woh bhi within the week?

And anyway, why would they have told him anything? He entered in their life the day of Pushkar-Preeti sangeet, a few days, chalo a week ago...They both didn't know him enough to confess their undying feelings for each other before telling about it to each other. Do you tell a stranger who you are in love with or even whom who had a relationship with? I don't think so...

If he thinks anyone could see falling in 'love' with her the second he looked at her bare back, then why didn't he noticed how Shravan acted like a protective boyfriend in front of him on the Sangeet day, how they had a BF-GF alike fight in front of him over him. But the oh-so-observant Aditya didn't notice that at all because he was too busy in staring at her bare back. He didn't back off when she friend zoned him, he didn't understand why Shravan, the girl best friend, kept glaring at him, acted like an angry man whenever he found him around her...Then how can he pretend to have the right to feel betrayed because the both of them 'owed' him, the complete stranger, an explanation on their feelings and relationship? ðŸ˜²

And anyway, did they even had the time to? A sec before he was a chipku stranger and then before they could even blink, he was Suman's would be. How, why and when did he expect them to tell him about their 'relationship' before? We can only wonder. And what did he expect them to tell him after? If you for some reason think he did deserve an explanation from Suman if not Shravan, then what should have that been? That she was in love with her former best friend, but the feeling wasn't mutual and now she wanted to move on? And what would have that changed? Nothing...Because as soon as he got to know about Shraman, what she wanted and was doing didn't matter to him because what matter was that he knew Shravan had already claimed her...She was useless, not important enough, well he would still have her, maybe just to show Shravan that she was his in the true sense...

And anyway, what did he do when he did get to know about them? Insist of calling off the wedding, he got busy in finding how deep their feelings were, what kind of relationship they had? I mean, what was the need? And even if it mattered, didn't the way both acted and what they said was enough to tell him that whatever it was, it has ended. 

And if his 'love' was conditional over the fact that she was 'pure' and he was going to be the first man of her life in every way, then it's not 'love'. Because if it was, he would have accepted it and tried to make sure she moves on because it was evident that is what she wanted and make their relationship work. But he didn't even give it a try, he was so fixed on finding the 'truth' that bothered him that he didn't even think that the 'love' he was feeling went missing the second he got to know he wasn't the first man to claim her emotionally. And then kept pushing them to know if she had been claimed physically too because that would have given him a win over Shravan who didn't have her that way and he was going to have her as soon as they get married. With a smug smile and mocking words, he rubbed that on Shravan's face as much as he could, sometimes by marking her as his with Mehndi and sometimes with showing him the way out so he could do their 'personal' wedding shopping...

And when despite the fact that Shraman told him to back off, to freaking stop digging in, that it didn't matter, that there was no past, he kept going, and for what? He didn't stop nor would have had ever stopped till he would have heard the same words he heard. And if neither of them had given him that, not matter how much he pushed them, before and after marriage, he would have assumed the same and punished Suman and would have kept punishing her even after knowing there was no such thing as her 'past'...

So, Suman not telling him her 'past' and Shravan telling him the imaginary one doesn't justify that he has been wrong since the start. He had been behaving like a maniac the second he entered in their life. He was breathing down their neck and forcing himself on them in a way or other. The possessive, obsessive and aggressive side of his was present there since the start, and if you go and watch his scenes again, you will know what I am talking about. There were signs, telly tells of what kind of person he was and anyone who had observed him, anyone who was able to look past his happy-go-lucky smile, knew that. It's time everyone stops saying that suddenly Suman's passivity and Shravan's words had pushed him to turn into a narrow-minded, obsessive and aggressive person and that there were no gray vibes coming off him since the start...

And anyway, how did he reacted after he got to know the 'truth'? Was that how a 'man' should behave? Demand a kiss from her, say cruel and crude thing to her, tell her what he wanted was her body, and as she wasn't a virgin, she didn't have any right to pretend to be shy or a 'sanskari' because she lost it all as soon as she lost her virginity...Is that kind of man you would like to have as your partner? Is he the definition of the 'man'? Is that what a 'man' would have done after the man whom he thought as rival and enemy would have said that he and his would-be HAD a relationship IN THE PAST?

If we are talking about men, and their mardanegi, then let me tell you, any 'man' would have just called the freaking wedding off. A decent man would have tried to clear thing with her, ask her before painting her as the criminal and punishing her...And a real MAN would have understood whatever happened was in the past, she wanted to move on now and was trying her best to do so, and if he really did love/like her, he would have married her with pride and never again mentioned her past... 

So, let stop pretending that what Aditya just did what any 'man' would have done in his place. The fact is, anyone who thinks and says that 'this is how any man would have reacted/done' has not a man yet...And it's a pity that after living around MCPs, even women are started to think of them as 'MAN'... 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

petrichorr thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Cant agree more.
If Aditya had such issues accepting that she did have a past, he could have politely walked out. Did anyone force him into this wedding?
its actually very sad to see some view points that justifies Aditya's act this day and age.

Nothing and absolutely nothing can justify Molestation. There is no two ways about it. 

Edited by slumberqueen - 7 years ago
sumaiya-kay thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Wow that was SOME rant!😆 Not that I don't agree...I definitely do and honestly I found Aditya off from the moment he was introduced and his subsequent behaviour in the coming episodes cemented my opinion on his shifty character so it came as no surprise when he behaved the way he did in Friday's episode...As for the girls defending his abominable actions, I feel sorry for their mentality and find it really incomprehensible that people are ACTUALLY blaming ShraMan for his behaviour🤔...Like what even??
spnfan thumbnail
I agree with each and every word.of yours...
The most disgusting fact is he is still blaming shravab for his disgusting act.. He don't.seem to be that guilty of what he did
IFollower thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Good Post Hajnal, much needed, esp to wake up those who feel Aditya is right in what he did. 
I guess, most of it might be due to the immature and insensitive mind set. And the rest, annoyance with Suman, for her behaviour towards Shravan. The problem is, people fail to see this as a show and are emotionally invested in the 'actor' rather than the character. And hence, no sympathy, let alone empathy to the 'FL' here. 
BLR_babe thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
very aptly written...  i want to rant a little too ðŸ˜Š
ppl have been so conditioned sometime to see  just black and white ..  i will the first one to say what shraman did to Adi was wrong  .. the lies ,the disinterest .. but that doesnt mean what Adi  ended up doing was anywhere near a decent human action 

if he felt she lied abt the past .. he had  full right to call off the wedding .. walk out saying he doesnt want spend his life with someone who lies or not happy with the marriage ..   that would be totally justified .. 

but trying force a kiss out of an unwilling party is pure sexual assault  ..  whether it was  crime of passion or premeditated .. it was wrong in all levels .. 

then another set  of folks says he was trying to get truth out of her .. if then  tell her  what shrravan said and ask if thats true or why did she lie ..   but no ..  if he really wanted to know he wouldnt have shown up to the house drunk at 2 AM ..

he had already trying to put his 'stamp' on suman when he felt she was uninterested in him .. instead of pushing himself in her  life he should have walked out on the relation where he saw red flag of disinterest or lack of affection from her .. 

he clearly wanted to satisfy his male ego   .. how dare u reject me  but give it Shravan ..   how dare u lie to me now i'll teach a lesson .. ðŸ¤¢ .. 

this mind set  of sexual dominance as a way to 'marking territory' is so deeply rooted .. it just makes by blood boil  and sad too 

Edited by --BLRbabe-- - 7 years ago
Shahneem thumbnail

Very well said.

Men establish patriarchy, but women maintain it.

A man can have as many relationships as he wants, but that doesn't affect his 'honor' but a woman must be a virgin in the marital bed. I call bullshit on that.

I told my husband I wasn't a virgin, and if he couldn't deal with that I didn't want anything to do with him. We're married for 12 years now, and the topic of my virginity has never come up. I support him in times of crisis, and he cooked me dinner last night because I'm working on a deadline.

That's how real men and women function, as equals, and complements to each other.

Men like Aditya, and I'm sorry, like Shravan, are not the sort any woman should want to marry. You can have an affair with a goodlooking man, but a marriage (presuming it is for keeps) must be between two people who respect one another: because every time life slaps you down, you need a partner who stands beside you, not one you need to defend yourself from. Marriage as a concept is dwindling in many parts of the world, because women are now financially independent, and if they like they can very well give birth to, and bring up a child all on their own. Now, more than ever, if marriage is to last as an institution, men and women must have the same 'honor' and 'affair' codes. What's good for the gander must be good for the goose.

Neither of the men respect Suman at the moment: and unless Shravan can go back to his true self and get rid of the misgyny lessons Ramu Kaka keeps dishing out, Suman shouldn't marry him either.

A man like Aditya deserves a kick up his backside, and a boot out of society. A man like Shravan needs to wake up and smell the coffee. And a woman like Suman needs to realise that she is good enough to be on her own, and no one, not even those who have brought her up, have the right to dictate who she should marry.

But expecting all this out of a Hindi soap is out of the question.

So, at the very least, as the TM says, women need to stop making googly eyes at molesters and blaming the victim or the instigator. Not all men would react as Aditya did, and anyone who denies that, man or woman, needs a shake or two.
nierembergia thumbnail

Originally posted by: A.Hajnal

If not now, then after marriage, he would have done this and worse. Because this is what Aditya and his alike do. They think that the women they are marrying are their own personal possession, which had the duty of being his possession, emotionally and physically even when they didn't know about their existence. 

The show pretty much established that Aditya was trying to degrade and humiliate Suman. His words and his actions were explicitly clear in that scene. There is no justification for his actions. As you stated it was about possession. He didn't see Suman as a person with feelings. He saw her as an object to be used and discarded. 
Edited by PC00 - 7 years ago
...MonaCo... thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Brilliant post. Absolutely brilliant. Agree with everything you said. He has been impatient , and teritorial from day one. He started comparing himself with Shravan the moment the coffee scene happened, and he just kept pushing... shoving himself in Suman's life. I was most irked when he brought the brahmanbhoj samagri which was by all due traditions supposed to come from the Malhotras, just to get a glimpse of Suman. He claimed to have a sixth sense which he never used, and he literally lied left right and center to everyone, so not sure how they could have seen him fall in love with Sumo. 
I have so much more to say and have said so much more in the past but I am sick of Adi as a character to the core and Nirmala too... Your post was so compelling that I couldnt stop from commenting, especially this part:

I found that the MOST funny thing about Aditya. He turned blind and dumb to all the signals coming from both Suman and Shravan's behavior, but as soon as he got to know that Shraman 'were' a thing, he complained to Shravan that why didn't they both tell him something was between them when they saw him 'falling for her'... I mean, is he for real? Did he and you wanted Shraman- who are still unsure of their love despite their love being a decade and more old - to believe that he had fallen in 'love' Suman? He who met her a few days before and didn't even know her? ROFL

Edited by saras_7 - 7 years ago