• Academic Achievements
    B.A. Graduate with 1st class

• Other Pursuits Singing and Acting

• Future Plans
    To focus on acting, and take up singing as an alternative career option

• Outstanding Achievements
    I was crowned Tilo Hama (Sananda-Rakme) in Calcutta in 1999

• Happiest Moment of your life
    Cannot point out any one incident because there have been plenty of them; which have given me equal happiness, all because of my sincere hard-work and good luck

• Lucky Charm
    God

• Strongest personality trait
    The quality to win over anybody with my smile

• Weakest personality trait
    Losing self-confidence at times, I am very sentimental

• Turn ons
    A man; whose eyes speak language of his heart, and who is full of depth and thoughtfulness

• Turn offs
    Seeing street dogs being beaten up and aged people being humiliated

• Blind date you'd go out with
    Aamir Khan

• Favorite Night Activity
    A good night sleep always, and if I'm awake then chatting with my friends and cousins

• Terrified of
    The nightmare where I see myself alone in a desert

• Recurring dream
    Where I see myself successfully balancing both - my family and profession

• Vegetable/Fruit/Animal you resemble most
    Deer - because I am as shy as a deer and have beautiful eyes just like of a Deer. There is an attractive swiftness in my movement like is seen in the movement of a deer

• My Favorites

• Food/Dish
      Very difficult to name one dish, because I'm a food-freak

• Book/Author
      Archies. Presently I'm reading "The Interpreter of Maladies" by Jhumpa Lahiri

• Magazine
      Femina, Elle and Sonanda (Bengali)

• Movie
      Sound of Music, Rangeela

• Movie Star
      Aamir Khan, Tom Hanks

• Song/Music Video: Most of the old Hindi Film Songs - specially "Bare acche lagte hain" from Balika Badhu

• Modeling

• Ramp/Runaway/Shows: Choreographers- Marc Robinson (Bacardi-Lemon show)- Rashmi Virmani (Woolen Garments)-Ashish Banerjee Designers- Sabyasachi Mukherjee, Anamika Khanna, Kiran Uttam Ghosh (Calcutta)

• Press Advertising: Khadims, Brainware computers, Ibiza ( Calcutta- based )

• TV Advertising: Jr. Horlicks, Sunlight, Coca-Cola (Sri Lanka)

• Catalog: Ventures - an agency dealing with import and export business of various fabrics - photographer was Satyaki Ghosh. Madhushree Sarees (Calcutta) "Pagma" woollen garments for Bangladesh

• Print: Femina - Photographers Satyaki Ghosh and Indraneel Mukherjee, Elle (photographer was Suprotik Chatterjee), The Times of India, Hindustan Times

• Music Video: Bengali songs with artist Indrani Sen and filmmaker Atlantis Gr. of Calcutta

Interview with Reshmi Ghosh

What important lessons have you learnt in the course of training for Miss India? How has the training helped you?

I learnt to be confident, poised, composed and improved my communication skills. I was made to realize that 'I was unique' and learnt how to control my emotions and sentiments.

What part of the training did you enjoy the most? Your toughest moment at the training was…

Each and every session at the training, starting from the work-out, art of living, catwalk training, hair and skin care, speech and diction classes, workshops on Indian art, music and dance etc. helped me grow as an individual. Therefore it would be difficult for me to single out any one class as the most effective. I found the speech and diction classes by Sabira Merchant, very tough initially!!

Your days (till the pageant is over) are divided between…

Waking up everyday with a smile, managing everything throughout the day with a smile and going off to sleep again with a smile on my face.

What got you interested in FMI. How did you go about getting into it?

The quotation "The woman of substance" explains the quintessence of a woman and the essence of the FMI contest as well. I had started preparing myself mentally and physically eight months before I had gone for the selection rounds.

Who do you consider your benchmark/idol?

My idol had always been my best friend who always helped me to come out of my inhibitions and taught me to be focused in life.

How's the competition/competitors. What tricks are you going to pull to come ahead?

It's a healthy and tough competition and competitors are friendly and focused. As I have said before my strength lies in my uniqueness, therefore I don't need to play any further tricks or games to pull ahead.

Can you spell the rules of the game…

Being positive and focused, and the ability to accomplish the goal - are the rules of the game.

What is that one special quality that you possess and that would give you an edge over others:

My uniqueness.

How important is winning the crown to you. And if you don't, will you try for it again?

Winning and losing as we all know are a part of life. If I do not succeed, I will move ahead. That is my principle in life, because I believe life has so much more to offer. Trying for 'Miss India ' again would not be possible for me because I am already 23 years old.

Suppose you win the crown, what is that one thing that you would do to make a difference to this world?

The title would help me to fulfill one of my earnest desires - "To work for aids awareness."

What is your eventual goal in life?

Being successful and able to balance my professional and personal life.

What's your Sun Sign/ Sex-appeal?

I'm a Cancer and my sex-appeal is my eyes.

Overheard (talking)

We are all winners - the 26 of us.

Absolutely Irresistible…

Chocolate pastries and a friendly gathering.

sorry if these is posted before😳

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

~khayal~ thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Thanks For Sharing
Tht is nice 😛