Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

prachetadas1383 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
I completely agree. Their acting is more than perfect thats why all the viewers get affected more than the acter.. i think these spoilers make us like that. Actual execution is much more different from this. We just need to wait n watch. Dev and SONAKSHI ARE Hero n heroine of the show,others will come n go n make their relationship more strong.
bookworm123 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AnnzSageflower7

Do you think they will go the secret marriage way? 

(not a spoiler just a question!😆...)

I know it's wrong on so many levels and so very problematic. I dont see Sonakshi ever agreeing to it at all plus her family. i was wondering where all this is going.

I don't think it fits with the tone of the show. If they ever show Sona accepting such a disrfespectful arrangement for herself and her family, it will be good for people like me. I will become more productive because that would definitely put me off the show!!

If Dev confronts his mum and makes her accept Sonakshi, I will  be really anxious for her post marriage. What will she do when she sees Dev obviously not coping well with their separation? 

If Dev forces Ishwari to accept Sonakshi, there might be a rift between mother and Son, which Sonakshi will try to heal. 

Not sure why they are portraying as though there is no option but to hide, confront or force. What about a middle path which he never even tried? They may show that later in the show but in reality that approach should have come first.

I keep remembering that promo clip where they talk conspiratorially on the phone. 
"I thought you were not going to talk to me anymore,  or Ma?" 
"I care about Auntyji,  or else I'd have made her drink karela juice.."
Mother calls in background..
"Go then your Mummy summons..."
"what about you?"
"I'll be drinking Karela juice..."

what a promo man.. amazing stuff.

Promos conveyed to us that this was the story of two urban individuals set in a realistic space. That was interesting but I personally am not comfortable with the concept of the woman waiting to be accepted. I would have been much happier with mutual issues keeping them apart. 
bookworm123 thumbnail

Originally posted by: gemini54

Yay your are back!

I am right here but the discussions on the forum have made me dizzy so I have just been an observer. ðŸ˜Š

I too am unable to connect with the reason for this breakup seems contrived but I like the angst too

Exactly. Very very difficult to connect with it. take today's episode for example. Dev clearly looked agitated, everyone knows that he was deeply in love (a once in a lifetime occurrence for someone like him) and yet his mother does not reflect or care?

Is this the same Ishwari who counselled Sona when her marriage match with Kushal did not go ahead?

bookworm123 thumbnail

I have a feeling they will go the way of Sona not able to move on and wait for Dev..then what is the million $ question

Two people in love, cannot stay apart and cannot come together either always makes for a great romantic tale 

BUT

for us to swallow this level of angst and that too when ML is a CEO heading a corporation, FL who is supposed to be self respecting, they really should have had a better reason ...
gemini54 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Promos conveyed to us that this was the story of two urban individuals set in a realistic space. That was interesting but I personally am not comfortable with the concept of the woman waiting to be accepted. I would have been much happier with mutual issues keeping them apart. 

Going by the live updates  looks like this story has moved far away from the Promo or we may have misinterpreted the Promo.
 I am thinking they are going towards a selfless love of Sona for Dev, so she will wait for him for ever..Meera Types doesnt sit well with me somehow never has .  I dont have words for Dev's love for his mom..the words I have may not be appropriate to write here...and Easwari's love for Dev which is not only suffocating but totally gives pukeworthy vibes.  I have already stopped watching just read all your updates/discussions..hopefully i will feel the same and still visit..for now this whole thing is leaving me sad😭
Edited by gemini54 - 7 years ago
bookworm123 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ashakd

In bold agree with this:  This track seems to be about Dev realizing and deciding he cannot move on and Sona trying to move on but realizing she cannot...and accepting it

For them to accept the state of affairs we saw in the promo, they need to go through this phase.

right from the first episode, till date, they have paced the show nicely . The initial encounter, the accident, friendship, love and now break up. Every thing has moved with the same pace and yes the makers have now moved to a difficult terrain.

They definitely have. However, the premise of the show - mother's insecurity has put many people off because of the over dramatic approach in the last 20-25 episodes.

We cannot expect a kal break up, aaj jealousy and tomorrow patch up.  Its that time when Dev realizes that "ITS SONA" and no one else and Sona tries to move on and for her too '' ITS DEV" and no one else.  Dev has tried to think of a future with natasha and rejected it. Similarly, Sona may think of a future with Ritick and soon reject it. ( My hope). That would be the basis for the next level of their relationship.

That next level  should be Dev working with Sona to figure out a way to be together, including managing mother NOT Sona feeling for him and his mommy issues and just being there for him while getting nothing in return, not even an assurance that he will make it work. Come to think of it, what value can she place on his assurances any more?

Coming to Ishu mata, I actually cannot for my senses, think how this character is gonna have a redemption. I dont think she will turn out typical saas, but if she can send ritwick ka rista to sona's house then anything can happen. 

Exactly. Completely OTT handling of this arc which is the backbone of the show.

bookworm123 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Malvika07

Yayy *HUGS*
It's such a relief to see him pining and yearning for her 24x7. It's good that he's gonna break the laptop in front of Ish. Maybe then she'll realize the impact the break up has had on him.
I knowww!! I was hoping when he gets drunk he will try to get handsy with Sonakshi, but as usual, that didn't happen. He behaves like sucha romeo without even kissing her. What is their problem with intimacy I don't understand. I've lost hope now.

Such hot looking leads with amazing chemistry are being wasted I tell you.

Exactly, Ish is so central to the plot that we can't even ignore her, no matter how badly we want to.
Me too! I don't want her to be all submissive and stand by him when he behaves like a spineless bf who can't take a stand for his love. 

If this is the premise of the show, no matter how well they portray it, it will be very very disappointing. Don't they realize how disturbing it is for women to watch something like this? Is this the same show in which for the first 80-90 episodes, the FL received so much respect?? 

Did you catch the sbs segment today? I saw the video just now, he's starting to act crazy. Also, he's gonna organize a date for sona and ritik according to a spoiler. Isn't that creepy? The segment had a line where Dev tells her ' I can't forget you and I can't let you forget me'. Reminded me of sunil shetty from dhadkan with his 'Mein tumhe bhul jau yeh ho nai sakta aur tum mujhe bhul jao yeh mein hone nai dunga' 
I like a jealous and possessive Dev, but I hope they handle it well and not push him over into creepy mode, like they did with Ishwari's character.

I hope not!!

bookworm123 thumbnail

Going by the live updates  looks like this story has moved far away from the Promo or we may have misinterpreted the Promo.
 I am thinking they are going towards a selfless love of Sona for Dev, so she will wait for him for ever..Meera Types doesnt sit well with me somehow never has

We are of one mind here. 

.  I dont have words for Dev's love for his mom..the words I have may not be appropriate to write here...and Easwari's love for Dev which is not only suffocating but totally gives pukeworthy vibes. 

Yes, very distasteful. You know if this was a 20-25 episode long Pakistani drama, this aspect would have have lasted for less than 5 episodes and can be handled. Since this is a daily soap, with a heavy heart we have to tune in to something like this for 50+ episodes and that really takes a toll. 

I have already stopped watching just read all your updates/discussions..hopefully i will feel the same and still visit..for now this whole thing is leaving me sad😭

Isn't that very unfortunate? Makers have to learn how not to go overboard in portraying something distasteful. In this case, for people like us, that would be - 

1. Sona's treatment and her fate (based on promos)
2. Dev not standing up for her and their relationship (who cares if he pines)
3. Sona's treatment at his place
4. His suffocating home environment and mom

Today even though they very beautifully depicted Sona recollecting her first moments at the Dixit residence (quite heart touching) and her memories of Dev, for her sake I really wanted her to move on. Ritwik and his family seem so nice for a girl like her. 

Makers need to give the viewers a reason to root for Dev/Sona and their relationship in that house and not just because we loved the Dev of the first 100 episodes and Shaheer is the lead. 

Edited by bookworm123 - 7 years ago
gemini54 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@bookworm
As always my friend Hugs for your post..we do seem to think a lot alike...I wait for your posts and I am glad you posted
Curlyhairdiary thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
So true! They can cash in on their chemistry but they don't wanna go down that path apparently. Sigh!

Today Sonakshi went to Dev's house, again Ish is gonna insult her. I just want Sonakshi to yell at her once and get it over with. So tired of the same old crap with Ish.

Exactly, Sonakshi's character is so strong, it wouldn't make any sense to have a premise like that. 

I also hope that the spoilers aren't true and they handle this track well!!